Ch.9- Memories That Cannot Be Forgotten

You're Next My Love

Haeun's POV:

As the day dragged on, bits and pieces of my memory started to flsh before my eyes. It was like someone was toying with my brain and thought it was fun seeing me fustrated. Tao and Chanyeol still hadn't said a word to me and seemed to avoid me as much as possible by talking amongst themselves. The only who really did talk to me was Chen and the more he talked to me, the more I remember him. 

I remembered his actual name was Kim Jong Dae, we've been childhood friends since 3rd grade, he had an amzing voice, little things like that. Sometimes minor things would fog over like a mysterious mist and I knew if I thought too hard about it, i would eventually ware myself down and stress out. 

It was starting to get late and I felt anxious due to the attack from last night. Would one of us die again was all I could think about. There weren't many places to sleep down here like there was upstairs. There were only three couches. That meant I had to sleep next to someone again.

"Are you tired?" Chen asked me slightly sighing.

I shook my head. "Aniyo, I'm okay..." 

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah I'm sure Chen."

He looked at me his eyes slightly hurt. "Have..have you figured out any of your memories??"

I could already tell what he was trying to say to me just by the way he was looking at me. I ended up smiling a little and nodded.

"You...and I.....we're childhood friends aren't we?" I spoke calmly. Maybe it was myself twitching or something, but I could've sworn Chanyeol and Tao flinched when I said that. Chen seemed to have lightened up a bit but something was still lingering in his eyes.

"You are correct," he smiled brightly. "Please call me by my real name instead pabo."

"Arrasseoyo Jongdae-ah," I said in banmal. "It's okay If i'm informal right?"

"Did you tell her?" Chanyeol suddenly joined in our conversation surprising me. "Am I finally able to talk to her?"

Chen looked at Chanyeol in surprise and replied," A-ani....she's only remembered the most about me so far..."

Just looking at the desperation in Chanyeol's eyes made me want to hug him and comfort him, but I wouldn't let my body act so irrationally on it's own unless I was to go insane. Chanyeol's eyes suddenly met mine and there was a hidden sadness that I could sense from them. Why is he looking at me like that?

"Oh....sorry...ignore what I said..." Chanyeol looked away as if he didn't say anything. 

*Flashback*

"Eish this pabo," Chanyeol hit my head with the back of his hand making me almost drop the tongs on the ground.

"Yah!" I yelled at him. "That hurt!"

"You're doing it all wrong Haeun, let me do it!" Chanyeol grabbed the tongs fromme and began flipping the meat. "It's suppose to be golden brown...not black like charcol...goodness....you and Kyungsoo are both good at cooking but when it comes to grilling it's like you've both never touched food in your life."

I pursed my lips in fustration and pouted.

"Cruel as ever, I don't understand how the fans like you," I merong'ed him.

"It's because they can't stand the Yeolcing machine's charm," he called back in a laughing manner.

*End of flash back*

I somehow started to laugh a little bit making Chanyeol turn around to face me with an awkward expression.

"Yeolcing machine?" I looked at him with a raised eyebrow. His ears turned bright red and I knew that memory seemed to be something he wished I had forgotten.

"Okay, That...I mean...uhm...that's...damn," He rubbed his head. "I didn't thnk you'd remember something like that..."

Chen started to burst into laughter too making Tao glare at all of us. 

"Be any louder and you'll manage to wake up the insane person who's trying to kill all of us," Tao said in a sour tone as he turned his back towards us sleeping on the couch. 

"Don't mind him," Chanyeol tried to assure me. "He's...in a state of denial right now."

"Aren't we all..." I murmured suddenly making the mood turn bad. "Mian...I didn't mean to make the atomosphere turn....awkward."

"Ani, it's okay, but hey," Chen looked at me. "We should get some sleep."

"It's okay, I'll stay up with you guys," I looked at both Chanyeol and Chen. I wanted to get my memories back as soon as possible without getting anymore people killed, but before we could carry on another conversation, we heard  amassive THUMP come from upstairs.

"Aish, jeongmal, CAN WE NEVER GET  BREAK?!" Chanyeol swore as we all, even Tao, sprinted upstairs to see what had happened. I stared in shock as Luhan lay on the floor with a rubics cube laying beside and there were letters spilling out from the inside. 

"Luhan-hyung!" Tao sprinted over to Luhan faster than any of us. "Andwae! ANDWAE HYUNG!"

Kai, Baekhyun, and D.O all stared wide eyed at the situation and seemed frozen to the spot.

"Yah, Jongin-ah, what happened!?" Chanyeol asked looking at the situation. 

"He's still alive!' Tao yelled. "HE'S STILL ALIVE! HIS PULSE IS STILL THERE!"

"How in the world do you get knocked out by a rubics cube.." Chen couldn't put the pieces together. 

"You idiot...he didn't collasp from the rubics cube itself...." I mumbled to Chen walking over to Luhan who was in Tao's arms. Tao was starting to mumble something in chinese and I couldn't understand it that well.

*Flashback*

"Wo is in the 3rd tone, so that it means I or me," Luhan instructed as he drew a sort of dipping symbol with his hand. 

"Wo~" I mimicked him and the hand movement. He smiled at me and pinched my cheek.

"Aigoo, you're seriously too adorable Haeunnie, I swear if I could, I would definitely snatch you away from him," he teased. 

"Ey," I looked at him doubtful. "Don't say things like that or people will misunderstand."

*End of flashback*

I reached for the letters that were spilling out the rubics cube, but was suddenly grabbed by Luhan. I flinched and felt his grip tighten. His head slowly turned to face me and a sad smile formed on his face. I already had a gut feeling of what was about to happen. No.

"Ha--"

"No," I pulled away from Luhan before he could say anything more. "I'm not gonna listen to your..to your goodbye speech.."

Luhan's dim eyes looked at me in shock. Those deer like eyes that seemed too feminine and soft pulled me in and I couldn't stand the saddness in them. 

"You have to listen to me Haeun," Luhan spoke in what seemed like a whisper.

"Hyung, don't talk anymore, PLEASE," Tao pleaded. Luhan whispered something to Tao and that's what made Tao leave Luhan alone in silence without saying anything.

"Haeun," Luhan continued to talk to me again.

"No," I looked at him tears starting rise. "I'm not gonna listen to you....if I don't listen to you...then I won't have to lose another person..."

"How did this even happen in the first place???" Chen asked Baekhyun who was in shock. 

"There was a...a rubics cube under one of the bed mattresses......there was...a.. a note attatched to it....saying whoever could solve the rubics cube in under a minute.....Haeun would get her memories back...." Baekhyun managed to say.

"He....he was 4 seconds off.....but he continued to finish it.....and then the next thing you know...he..." Baekhyun couldn't continue anymore. 

"I'm confused," Chen ruffled his hair. "This still doesn't explain why he's laying here trying to kill himself by reveiling everything!"

"Calm down everyone," Luhan managed to say sitting up. I looked at Luhan to see what he was trying to do, but nothing was helping. I was still flustered and confused. How could such a little cube thingy do that to a human being? Maybe.....he's poisoned?

Before Luhan could say anymore, I grabbed his hand and I could see the discoloration already starting. 

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Is Luhan gonna be able to say what he has to say before the poison finally gets to his heart hm?? Have you been trying to think of who the person Haeun is suppose to be with? So much to think about~ Just who is everyone to Haeun exactly? Stay in tune for the next chapter ;3 mwahahaha.