Ch.14- Find The Black Pearl Part 2

You're Next My Love

Haeun's POV:

"JONGIN!" Chen said before I could do anything. 

"Level 2 passed, you may proceed," The dog said before walking away. My eyes were transfixed on Kai who lay on the ground with a knife dug into the side of his abdomen. Blood was being up by his shirt and he was sweating a lot. His eyes travelled to me making me gasp as if I forgot to breathe.

"I'm....sorry.." he whispered and coughed at the same time making me cringe. Why would he do that for me?

"Don't talk anymore you idiot!" Chen shushed him and looked at his body in panic. "We...we need to stop the bleeding....I'm sorry, this might hurt a little." Chen grabbed hold of the knife that was pentrating Kai and yanked it out causing Kai to yell out in pain and blood to seep out even more. It was now forming a puddle around the bboth of them almost reaching my shoes. Chen then ripped off his shirt making his chest bare and tied it around Kai's abdomen tightly making him cough.

"God that hurts..." Kai groaned and laid still on his back shutting his eyes tightly.

"You're so stupid!" Chen yelled at him. "WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU DO THAT!!"

"It's for her, that's why," Kai murmured opening his eyes to look at me. I fell to my knees beside Kai and laid my hand on his abdomen that was slowly starting to bleed out. Blood stained my fingers but I didn't care. For some odd reason, even after seeing the others die, just looking at Kai made me feel like someone had cut my heart up into a billion little pieces. 

"You said the knives were poisoned..." i muttered to Chen who snapped out of his daze. 

"Oh crap that's right..." Chen hit his head. 

"What?" Kai coughed. 

"Don't talk...please..." I said my eyes watering up for no reason. I knew how this was going to end already. He was going to leave me like the rest of them. Just like Luhan-ge.....just like Lay, Kris, Xiumin, Suho, Sehun, and Chanyeol....no...

"Don't cry..." I felt Kai's hand reach my face. I looked at him with wide, tear-filled eyes as his hand caressed my cheek gently. He looked at me like he was the most sorriest person in the world. He looked at me like I was someone really important to him. He looked at me like....he loved me.

*Flashback*

"Are...you serious?" I asked him as my heart refused to believe his words.

"You have to understand it's for your safety," he tried to speak calmly but I was raging inside.

"You're...You're seriously breaking up with me? After all the things we've been through to make it this far?" I asked him my voice rising. "After everything I've had to endure?"

"You're taking this the wrong way Haeun, I just feel like...we need some space right now....we haven't seen nor spoken to each other in 4 months due to my schedules..." he spoke with his voice low and his gaze avoiding mine. Every word he was saying were being burned into my heart. How could he actually be saying this to me even though I told him i knew what i was getting myself into? I didn't know what face I was making now, but I hope he saw how hurt I was.

"No," I replied in denial. "I don't believe you're just gonna leave me..."

"Haeun..." He finally reached for me and looked me in the eyes. That's when I could see the sadness and pain floating around in them. He really was doing this for my own good, but I'm the one being stubborn about it. I didn't even realize I was crying until he wiped away something cold on my cheek.

"Just...think about it....you...you could have a much more beauitfuller future with...someone else....you wouldn't have to go through all this pain and critism....you wouldn't have to wait for me....please...I don't want to let you go...i really...REALLY don't.....but just think...okay?" he hugged me and kissed my cheek. 

*End of Flashback*

"You're so stupid..." i whispered as a tear slid down my face. My hands reached up to touch Kai's hand that was still holding onto my cheek. 

"I said not to cry stupid..." he laughed quietly and then coughed. 

"Stand up..try to stand up...pplease..." I gripped his hand and pulled it away from my face. "Jongdae, help me pick him up..." jongdae didn't question me and started to pick up Kai's right side while I picked up his left. Kai was surprised by my sudden suggestion, but did the best he could to help us. When he was finally standing up right, without saying anything, we slowly made our way to the door. I had so many quuestions floating in my head that needed to be answered and if he died now, I would never get to here those answers. Everything was coming back except for a few blind spots.

I opened the door and the three of us walked inside the next room which happened to be the place where I first met Luhan and Sehun. I knew exactly where we were, but just as we were going to take a step, Kai collasped causing us to drop him. He groaned in pain and clenched his teeth tightly. Sweat trickled the sides of his forehead and his whole shirt was filled up with blood. 

"No, come on...we're gonna get you back to the living room...it's just around the corner Jongin..." I said as I picked him up again and he muffled some words i couldn't pick up.

"Help me Jongdae! Don't just stand there!" I ordered Chen my voice shaking. I'm not letting you die....no...I have to be able to get at least this... Together all three of us struggled upstairs and turned right. 

"Jongin?!" Kyungsoo gasped. I looked ahead of us to see Baekhyun and Kyungsoo running towards us meeting us inside the living room. Chen and I softly laid down Kai onto the sofa and then suddenly my knees fell weak and i fell beside Kai who was breathing shallowly.

He turned his face to look at me and I looked at him. So many memories flashed in his eyes that I couldn't keep up. He was so pale and was sweating so much to the point where I thought he was crying from his eyes. I could hear Chen explaining everything to Baekhyun and Kyungsoo, but it was just muffled words. 

The only thing I was focused on was the guy who was laying right in front of me who was possibly gonna die in the next 30 minutes.

"Who are you to me..." i asked him at last.

"I...am someone who hurt you without ever intending to..." he whispered so only us two could hear.

"Why..."

"You have such a wonderful life...I didn't want to contaminate it..."

"But...you....gave me this.." I pulled out the necklace from my back pocket and let it dangle between our noses. His eyes widened at the sight of the necklace.

"Where'd you get that?" he asked trying to lift his head, but I wouldn't let him move.

"It was inside the letters," I inhaled a shakey breath. "I also got the letter from you too...I remember everything about that day..."

He didn't say anything and only coughed. 

"Does...it hurt...?"

"Obviously..." he replied with sarcasm and a weak grin. 

That playful, stupid grin. 

"Yah, Kim Jongin, who the hell did you think you were huh?" I heard Kyungsoo yell while walking over to us. "You are not superman!!!"

"Calm down Kyungsoo," Kai spoke softly.

"Hell no! Look at you! You're an idiot! You're a moron! A stupid, idiotic...person.." Kyungsoo said all at once. I looked up at Kyungsoo to his eyes watering just as mine were 30 minutes ago. 

"You're gonna die aren't you..." Kyungsoo knelt beside me eyeing kai's wound.

"Psh no, like I told Haeun once before, I'm not going anywhere without a fight..." kai said with unsteady breaths. "Where's Tao?"

Kyungsoo flinched at the thought of Tao's name. My gut sunk all the way down to my stomach making me want to puke.

"Do I really have to..explain?" Kyungsoo said with a hardened expression. "It's enough that he sacrificed himself for us....but you too..."

We suddenly heard doors opening and two musclular men walked in again. 

"Congratulations," the girl spoke suddenly. "You found her earlier than I expected."

"Because we're not stupid.." Baekhyun muttered. He was standing up fine on his own now, but he still looked like he was in pain.

"As I said before, those who do not find her, get a penalty, so please step forward, Byun Baekhyun, Do Kyungsoo," she ordered. The two muscular men had four cups that seemed to be filled with water.

"In these four cups, one is Hydrochloric Acid and the rest are water, pick one, and if you're lucky, you won't die from the inside out hehe," she said creepily. "Miss black pearl can only watch and do nothing else."

Baekhyun looked at D.O and together they approached the guys with frightened expressions. 

"You wanna pick first?" Baekhyun whispered. 

"Let's pick...together..." Kyungsoo whispered back with a nod. 

They each hesitantly picked their cups and held still. Chen and I felt helpless as we watched the two gulp down the clear stuff at the same time. Then we waited as the two muscular guys left the room.  

"Wow, you guys are quite good," the girl spoke again. Baekhyun and Kyungsoo smiled at each other and ended up giving each other hugs. Before I could give them anymore hugs, I felt Kai squeeze my hand. I looked at him and saw his eyes getting glazed over. 

"What? Already?" i whispered panicking. 

"You may state the rule you want to change," the girl said. 

"Hang on...don't leave yet...we're almost done Jongin...don't give up yet..." I rushed my words and moved his hair out of his eyes. I turned my neck to look over at Chen, Baekhyun and Kyungsoo who were circled.

"we can't be selfish about this," Chen murmured. 

"We can do this together...why don't we change the "only two people can leave" thing? Then we can just end this and get Jongin to a hospital before any more deaths happen," Kyungsoo suggested. 

"Haeun can die now can't she?" Baekhyun spoke. "Wouldn't it be better to have her live on?"

"NO!" I yelled out and gripped tightly onto kai's hand that was slowly ungripping mine. "Let's go with Kyungsoo's idea! Please!"

"But there's no gurantee she'll let us go..." Chen said with a pained expression. I looked back at Kai who's eyelids were drooping. 

"Andwae.." i whispered in denial. "Kai-ah, you can't leave me."

"Mian..." he whispered to me. "I don't feel so good.."

"Jebal, Kim Jongin...." I pleaded as I held his face in my hands. "Look at me..do not look away do you hear me?"

"I miss you Haeun....i never should have let you go...I was stupid..." he mumbled. 

"Stop talking and just look at me!" I yelled causing Chen, Baekhyun and Kyungsoo to look over at me. 

"I love you dammit!" I cried as tears spilled down my face. "I still love you!!!"

Jongin smiled at me and nodded.

"I thought I would never hear those words again for as long as I lived...." his voice drifted off. "If only we could start over...."

"We can," I  assured him. "we can start over Jongin, just stay with me first! We can get you better, i know it...you have to listen to me, please, I don't know what to do...i can't lose you..i really can't...." 

"Say it Kyungsoo!" I yelled. "TELL HER TO CHANGE THE RULE SO ALL OF US CAN LEAVE."

"B-But that's not what we--"

"DO KYUNGSOO!" I screamed. "SAVE HIIM!"

"ARRASSEO!! WE WANT ALL OF US TO BE ABLE TO LEAVE THIS HOUSE NOW!" He yelled due to fustration. 

"Haeun..." Jongin muffled my name as I leaned in closer to him putting my forehead on his. 

"Please stay with me Jongin......please....don't leave me....not again..." I cried. 

"I can't....." 

"No, you will....fight...keep fighting..fight for me like I fought for you.....don't give in Jongin....I love you." I kissed him on his lips praying that god will let him live long enough for the rule to be changed. These familiar lips.....lips that I know...why do they feel so cold? 

"You guys are no fun," the female voice said with aegyo hidden behind it. "That means this game will end quicker than i wanted it to."

"We aren't your toys!" Chen yelled. I pulled away from Jongin to see him with his eyes closed. fear clutched my heart as I leaned in quickly checking for a heart beat. No....no...no no no!!!! 

"NO!" i cried out. "COME BACK TO ME! KIM JONG IN!!! COME BACK!!!!!! BRING HIM BACK!!!!!"

"I'LL KILL YOU!" i yelled out as I ran towards the DDR machine grabbing the bat Lay had once used to break the window but was now about to break the machine by me. The moment I raised the bat into the air, someone caught my wrist. I was expecting to see Kyungsoo or Chen, but who I saw was totally and unrealistically unexpected.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

"Luhan?"

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: So if you're confused right now, then do not worry because you are suppose to be confused xD. Lemme break it down for those of you new subbies and such ^^ Think of this as a half way marking.

 

In Chapters 1-3:

The game started and Haeun met the boys. She was put onto Suho's team with Kai, Baek, D.O, Lay, and Luhan while the other team consisted of Kris, Tao, Xiumin, Chanyeol, Chen and Sehun. They all claimed to not to know her from the beginning and acted as if she was a complete stranger. During the end of the Ch.3, Suho is the first to die because Haeun suddenly remembers something because someone said something, but no one knows what they said. 

 

In Chapter 4-6:

Haeun offers a neogtiation with team Kris saying she'll be part of their team for 1 week giving them an upper hand since she can't be killed till there are only 5 people left. During the night time, D.O and Haeun start to talk about EXO as an idol group and even sings for Haeun, but they never anticpated an ambush attack from Sehun and Chanyeol. Sehun even tried to kill Haeun, but after the fight is over and a mysterious voice says sehun will die because he tried to kill Haeun, Sehun tells haeun that her parents abandond her before he suddenly suicides himseld making him the 2nd member to die. In the end, Haeun is left with suspcions that she's somehow related to these boys.

 

In Chapters 7-9:

Haeun starts to have some flashbacks of part of her memory making her question many things that's going. When everyone wakes up the next morning, a DDR machine is found in the second teams floor. Two of the best dancers on each team are suppose to verse each other and whoever loses, dies. Simple as that. The two that go up are Lay and Xiumin, but even though it was obivous that Lay was going to win, Xiumin, Lay and Kris had made a comprise and together they made a plan to die together. But before Lay and Xiumin died, they left Haeun with words that didn't make any sense. Thus ending the lives of three more members. Later on, Haeun is transferred to the other team because of the negotiation and starts to remember Chen slowly and then finally realizign he's a childhood friend of hers, but that same day, Luhan is said to have been messing around with a rubics cube that contains letters filled with haeun's memories, but of course he just has to be poisoned because I'm a horrible author lol. 

 

In chapters 10-13:

Haeun is left alone with Luhan and together they read the letters with the little time Luhan has left before the posion sets in his body. There she finds out that her boyfriend was Kim jongin and that Luhan is her un-biological brother. After realizing so late, Luhan finally passes. This causes Tao to go slightly insane and almost kill Kyungsoo and even kill himself. Eventually everyone tries to move on. Kyungsoo and Chen go off together to find water and stuff but only come back with alchol. Chanyeol and Tao get drunk, but for some stupid reason, chen decided to put laxitives into one of the alchol bottles. And a large amount too. Memories of Chanyeol start to suffer for Haeun and she realizes that he once loved her. She then starts to realize that she IS in fact connected to everyone, but just then, Chanyeol also passes on leaving only 4 members left, which are Baekhyun, Tao, D.O, and Chen not including Haeun.

 

So yeah!! Hope that helps some of you keep track of what's going on ^^.