Ch.4- In The Night Part 1

You're Next My Love

Haeun's POV:

I watched helplessly as the boys picked up Suho's body and carried him to one of the corners of the room facing his body away from us. What have I done? What is Kai talking about?

"12 left to go..." Sehun mumbled. 

"Don't say that Sehun," Luhan spoke in a threatning tone. 

"Who's next I wonder," Kyungsoo muttered.

"Stop," Lay said giving everyone sharp glares. Silence hung in the air between us until Kai came over to me and pulled me upstairs.

"Wai--"

"No, Team Junmyeon, upstairs, NOW," Kai yelled down the stair case. He was still holding onto my wrist tightly. 

"Y-yah, what're you doing?!" I tried yanking my hand away, but it was no use. I heard footsteps coming upstairs and I knew our teams were now even. 6 on 6, but our team had the advantage; Me. I still didn't understand, but what the rules said was that I couldn't be killed until 5 people are left standing. That could mean a lot of things. What if I'm the only one who survives from our team and the the other team has 4 people left?....what if...what if our team is the only ones standing and in the end we have to betray each other?....I don't understand...

"We need to start planning a strategy right now," Kai said leading me to the couch in the middle of the room. He made me sit next to him like I was his toy or something making me want to ask what the hell was going on through his head right now. Everyone sat around us each in their own thoughts of trying to eliminate the other team.

"We...could poison their food," Luhan suggested. I looked at him like he had gone mad.

"isn't it better to die quick than in agony?!" I protested. I didn't want anyone to die. I didn't even want to be here. If I as so much try to remember what happened to me, huge headaches come to me and wipe out whatever I was thinking of.

"Maybe when it's night time some of us can go down and..." D.O didn't have to finish his sentence because we all knew what he would say.

"No, they'll be expecting that, and if anything, Chanyeol and Kris are probably planning something similar," Kai bit his lips in fustration. I looked at him and saw something in his eyes that made me shiver. No one said anything again until Baekhyun stood up.

"You guys are crazy," he whispered. "HOW CAN YOU EVEN THINK OF DOING THESE THINGS TO OUR OWN MEMBERS?! DO OUR PAST TOGETHER NOT MEAN ANYTHING TO YOU?!"

Everyone looked up at him. I could tell just from the look in his eyes that he was deeply hurt. Did they mean that much to him?

"You guys," he frowned. "I don't understand how you can even think of these things....are you taking this seriously? This stupid game?" 

"Baekhyun...you saw Suho die too," Lay looked at him. "You HEARD what they said."

"Why don't we...We can try....." he looked around for something, but seemed indescive. 

"Why don't we all just die together..." D.O mumbled. I had enough. I stood up making all of their eyes look towards me. Kai was going to make me sit down again, but I moved away towards Luhan a little.

"Stop talking about death like it's such an easy thing!!! Killing isn't an easy thing!!! How can you just say things so carelessly like this?!" I spoke loudly making some of them flinch. "Look, I know it's my fault Suho died....I don't know how, but just blame it on me.....I haven't known you guys for even a day, but even so....you guys just can't be saying these careless things in front of me.....why don't we try to negotiate with the other team first?"

"She's crazy," Kai muttered. "I'm NOT going back down there...."

"I will then," Baekhyun walked over to me. Now that I looked at him, he wasn't as tall as Kai, nor was his eyes cold or scary. He seemed like a geniuine nice person. If only I had enough time to call him a friend.

"Wait your going back down already?" Lay asked us with big eyes. 

"We have to negotiate this now, or it'll never be done...." Baekhyun replied taking my wrist and not my hand. "Kaja Haeun...ssi."

Before anyone else could protest, we were already walking back down the stairs, but somehow, Baekhyun tripped on them sending us tumbling down the last couple stairs. I landed a couple inches away from him and watched him slowly try to get up. Pain rippled throughout my whole body as I tried to stand up until Baekhyun walked over to me and helped me up. He had a cut on his cheek now.

"You're hurt already.." I said reaching for the cut unconsiously an dsuddenly pulling back the moment I touched him feeling embaressed. "S-sorry.." He looked at me with wide eyes.

"I told you they'd fall for it," I heard Chanyeol say. We both looked at him sitting on the couch with his hands crossed over his chest. He gave off the play boy feel and I hated how uneasy I got whenever I saw him.

"Why'd you come back?" Xiumin asked us also sitting on the couch. Baekhyun pulled me behind him, but I stepped back in front of him. 

"We came to...negotiate..." I said putting Baekhyun behind me. "As much as it hurt to trip down those stairs, we're willing to..compromise with you."

"Yah, what're you doing?!" Baekhyun whispered in my ear making me shiver slightly from his voice being so near to my neck.

"What are you willing to negotiate with? You guys have nothing we would want," Chanyeol spat. My eyes narrowed. And this guy was an idol? Hmph. 

I thought about it. What in the world DID we have to negotiate?? Then it hit me.

"Me," I said. Baekhyun pulled me around to look at him, his eyes filled with panick and the cut still on his cheek.

"What do you think your doing?! Are you trying to get us killed?!" he whispered urgently.

"We can hear you Baekhyun-hyung,Tao said from afar. Baekhyun frowned even more.

"Tao, shut up," Kris said walking over to us. I stood protectively in front of Baekhyun and watched as Kris approached me with his sharp eyes.

"What are YOU willing to give us?" he asked interested.

C'mon...think Haeun...THINK......if you go with them...you'll give the an advantage.....what else can you give...think think think think...

"I...I can give you guys the upper hand of having at least 3 of your guys alive since I can't be harmed until 5 people are left," I said as Baekhyun reached for my hand giving it a squeeze. Kris looked at me with interest and looked at the others.

"What do you think guys?" he asked. Chanyeol ignored it, Xiumin replied," whatever." Chen nodded eagerly, Tao shrugged, and Sehun said nothing.

"I'll only stay for a week down here...1 week," I specified. Baekhyun's grip got tighter.

"Does your current team know about your decision?" Kris asked. I shook my head. 

"Only Baekhyun-ssi does..." I muttered. 

"We'll take your offer, but the timer will not start until tomorrow morning," he said walking away leaving Baekhyun and I. I breathed in a sigh and felt myself being dragged back up the stares. There was a bruise starting to show on the side of Baekhyun's head and I could see another one forming on his wrist.

"Your crazy, why would you sell yourself?!" He yelled at me the moment we got upstairs. He winced in pain as he almost fell to his side. Is his ankle hurt too?!

"What happened?!" Luhan looked at us. "Haeun-ssi has bruises on her arm and cheek....there's a gash on her hand too." D.O walked over and looked at the both of us.

"We fell...Chanyeol set a trap at one of the stairs...we fell down.." Baekhyun winced a little. 

"So that's what the loud noise was," D.O took my hand and looked at the gash. "This is gonna leave a bad scar if you make it through this..."

"What did you negotiate??" Luhan asked. I hesitated. Baekhyun gave me sad glances and sighed.

"She's going to the other team tomorrow morning for a week," Baekhyun said before I could.

"What?" I heard Kai say. D.O looked at me not showing his emotions through his eyes and Luhan was in shock.

"Why?" he asked.

"I-I don't know..." I answered honestly. I really didn't know what I was doing down stairs. I didn't want Baekhyun any more hurt than he already was.

"Let's treat their injuries first....it's already 11:45 pm guys....we need rest....what's done is done...we can do this without her for a week..." D.O ushered me to the couch where Kai and Lay were. Kai eyed my injuries and tensed up only to turn away and lay down.

"I'm sleeping here," He grumbled. 

I let D.O find bandages from one of the drawers and let him do what needed to be done about the gash on my hand. We were alone in one of the corners in the room and he started to clean the wound with alchol.

"How'd you get such a big gash from falling down the stairs..." he seemed to mumble to himself. I winced as the alchol stinged tremendously. 

"Sorry...it probably hurts, just wait a bit more, almost done," he said in a small voice tying the bandage around carefully and gently. D.O seemed like a really kind hearted person and seemed motherly in a sense. He had such big eyes for such a short figure, but I didn't really care.

"Did you want to take the bed?" he asked standing up and lookng at the other members who were looking for places to sleep. I shook my head.

"Aniyo...you guys need it...it's been a rough day..." I spoke as my heart ached a little remebering Suho. 

"Are you sure? You've had it rough yourself...and we can't let our guard down...so we need to keep an eye on you i case the other team is planning anything," he said walking me over to the bed where Baekhyun was sleeping already. Luhan slept next to Lay who was on the other small couch so that meant D.O was either gonna sleep with Baekhyun and I, or squeeze in with Kai.

"You should sleep here first D.O-ssi...I'll keep watch," I smiled as I sat at the edge of the bed. Baekhyun his side reveiling more space. D.O looked at me doubtfully. 

"No, Kai and I will do this first," he nodded towards Kai who had his back towards us. "He's not sleeping yet, I know him too well."

Then it made me curious.

"How close was everyone before...THIS happened?" I asked. "I don't mean to pry or anything.."

He smiled and for the first time, i felt a little safe.

"We were all very close....our fans loved us a lot....and we thought we had it the best....we were....idols...rising idols...." D.O spoke as if in a dream."I wish I could share everything with you....all of our memories....but I wouldn't have enough time to tell you all of them, you can lay down now if you want, I'll sit on the side of you so your in between Baekhyun and I."

I moved closer to Baekhyun, sure not to touch him in case I woke him, as D.O moved to the open side of the bed leaning against his elbow on the bed. 

"Where to start," he smiled comfortably. We talked for what seemed like hours, but was probably only minutes. He talked about their debut stage and their latest song, how they were all casted, who's powers were who, and just watching him talk about it, it was like he was the happiest person in the world.

"Would you like to hear a song from our album?" he asked me. I nodded as he took a deep breath.

nal annaehaejwo
yeah geudaega salgo ittneun gose
nado hamkke deryeogajwo
oh sesangye kkeutirado
dwittaragal teni
budi nae shiyaeseo beoseonaji marajwo
achimi wado sarajiji marajwo
kkumeul kkuneun georeum
geudaen namanye areumdaun nabi---

He suddenly stopped singing as we heard a small footsteps coming from the stairs. It was pitch black except for the moon light filtering through the windows. Two figures rose from the shadows and I froze in place. 

"Jongin," D.O whispered. Kai didn't respond. Fear clutched my heart as the figures pulled in. D.O didn't move, but his eyes were frantic.

"Damn, did he fall asleep?!" he whispered annoyed. 

.

.

..

.

.

.

.

.