Ch.8- Childhood Friends

You're Next My Love

Haeun's POV:

I don't know who it was that took me upstairs, but he led me to the bed and made me sit down before removing his hand from my eyes. I was in denial. How could everything happen so quick in less than 5 minutes? In 5 minutes, 3 people died. And it was all because of me. It's my fault they died...

"It's not your fault," Kai said leaning against the window looking out as if he wasn't affected by what just happened.

"But it is..." I replied letting my hands fall into my hands.

"How is it your fault?" Kai spoke finally looking my way his eyes reflecting the sunlight that was filtering through.

"I don't know...maybe it's because I don't remember anything and all i'm getting are these stupid little pieces of my memories that have little sense in them whatsoever....all i know is that I'm connected to all of you some how and through what Lay and Minseok said to me, I'm pretty sure you all know me," I said in a muffled voice.

"It's true, we all know you," Kai answered walking over to me. "You...you are someone very special to all of us in different kinds of ways..."

I looked up at him to see if he was serious, but I could never read this guy. All the emotions were hidden behind some kind of wall and I couldn't get passed that.

"Stop," my voice spoke on it's own. "I don't want you to die....."

"I won't die....I'm not going anywhere," He bent down to my level and looked at me eye level. It looked like he had so much to say to me, but he was holding back.

"How do you know?" I asked him doubt filling my thoughts. At this rate, I wuldn't be surprised if he died right now in front of me. 

"I--"

"Where's Haeun?" I heard Chen yelling while coming up stairs. Kai stood up and walked away as if he wasn't gonna say anything as Chen came rushing over.

"Hey, you okay?" he asked looking at me curled into a ball. "We managed to clean up the mess downstairs....."

"Why did Kris get invovled..." i asked looking at him.

"Xiumin-hyung, Kris-hyung and Lay-hyung all made a deal together....they said they weren't allowing this person to keep toying with all of us...and so...well that happened...Luhan-hyung knows about it too.." Chen answered.

"Who are you guys to me exactly? I don't understand any of this," I ruffled my hair in fustration. "Why would I be involved with idols?"

"I...you have to wait....wait until all of this is over," Chen said rubbing the nape of his neck. "Kaja, you switch to our team starting today...Bye Jongin." Chen swiftly grabbed my hand and pulled me towards the stairs. We went down quickly and he was right. They had cleaned the whole mess up, but no one was going near the DDR machine anymore. 

"You said wait..." I muttered so only the two of us could hear as he sat me down on the couch. I watched Baekhyun, D.O and Luhan go back upstairs both giving me sad glances that seemed to have deeper meaning. "You said to wait till this is all over...but the rules say only one person will leave this house....what if...if I or you die? What will you do then?"

"Who knows..." Chen sighed. "I know for a fact no one will touch you...but with the way things are going right now, everyone seems desperate....none of us have seen each other like this before....we didn't even know how we ourselves got here..." 

I looked down as a headache found it's way to my head. I sighed ignoring it and said,"I just don't understand how or why I'm connected to all of you...."

He didn't say anything and instead just laid back onto the couch releasing a long sigh. I looked over at Tao who's eyes were red from what seemed like crying. He looked like he was still in a state of shock and when he noticed me looking, he looked away from me. Something in my chest cringed and I suddenly felt like I had been slapped in the face. I could already read it in his eyes. It's your fault.

Then I looked over at Chanyeol.

His eyes were wide open and he seemed to be mumbling to himself frantically. He looked like he had gone insane or something with his bloodshot eyes and messy hair-do. This guy had an attitude and even tried to ambush Kai and them upstairs, but something told me to forgive him. 

When I imagined all the boys together in my mind, a cloud fogged up my memory as usual. 

"Tao, go grab some of the sandwiches and water," Chen directed. "If we don't eat, we'll starve."

Tao said nothing as he stood up sluggishly and went to a small fridge. He opened and gasped. 

"Th-there's only 4 sandwhiches left," He grabbed them and counted. "And there's no more water...only alchol."

"What?" CHen stood up and walked over to Tao who was confused. "Did the other team take a--"

"YAH!" I heard Baekhyun yell. "WHO TOOK OUR SANDWHICHES?! CHOI HAEUN!" 

I jumped at the call of my name and looked up the stairs and saw Baekhyun wobbling on his sprained ankle.

"Dod you take any?!" He asked me his voice serious. 

"A-ani??" I showed him my hands and even shook my shirt and pants. 

"Hyung, it's not her, I was with her when Chen took her," Kai muttered to Baekhyun and pulled him away making him disappear from my sight. 

"CHEN!! JONGDAE!! WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS?!" Baekhyun yelled. 

"IT'S NOT ME YOU IDIOT!" Chen yelled upstairs and frowned when he came over to sit back to hand me a sandwhich. 

"Whoever got the DDR machine in must've taken our food and water supply....I think they've caught on that we want to end this sooner than they had planned..." Chen said grumbled taking a bite out of his sandwhich. I hesitated to eat mine, causing Chen to un-wrap it for me.

"Eat, you need energy," Chen nudged the sandwhich to my mouth.

"A-aniyo...I'm not hungry.." I tried to push it away, but my stomach just had to growl at the wrong moment. Chen looked at me for a second and burst out laughing. 

"Yah, hurry up and eat," He said eating his sandwhich. "You really are something Haeunnie." 

Haeunnie?

*Flashback*

"Yah, yah!!" I pulled away my bowl of fruit from him as he ate 3 strawberries in one mouthful. "Yaaahhhh, Jongdaee-ahhh....great..." 

"Hahaha!!" He pointed and laughed at me. "You're pouting face is daebak~" 

I hit him playfully on the head and frowned. 

"Go cut me some more now," I handed him the bowl. 

"Wae~? There's still alot left!!" he showed me the bowl that was half empty. "Come on, be reasonable Haeunnie."

"Yah, she's MY girlfriend," someone wrapped their arms around  my shoulder posessively. "Why do you let him do that to you?"

"He's a childhood friend, don't worry, my eyes belong to you," I kissed his cheek softly.

*End Of Flashback*

"Haeun??" Chen nudged my shoulder holding my sandwhich. "You kind of...zoned out."

"O-oh...sorry..." i hastily took my sandwhich and ate it immeditally. The image of Chen and I messing around with one another stayed in my mind for a long time. So he's a childhood friend....but who was that person who hugged me?

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

..

.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Herro~ So who do you think it is hm? ;3 lololol. I'm getting sick guys TT^TT Ugh.