And then it had to happen

Last.. Goodbye

“AHH!!” You suddenly jump off his chest.

“MY BOOK! CAFÉ!” You shouted as you pulled him up.

He smiled and pulled you back, “Yah.. Crazy? Look at the time, which café will open till now just to wait for you to go take your book back? I’ll buy you the same one okay..”

He just wanted to play a little prank on you. He knows you are stubborn and wouldn’t just buy an identical book to make up for the lost one. Being you, you’ll search high and low until you find it. You’ll only read that particular book. A weird habit of yours even you don’t know why.

You sulk and grumbled, but he just laughed.

“Yah.... How old are you? Stop grumbling! And sulk some more, you’ll regret it tomorrow!” He pinched your cheeks.

You were angry with yourself. You remain silent, looking on the ground during the walk home. He occasionally looks up and chuckled to himself at your sulking face. He walked, enjoying the breeze and looking around like a curious kid. Suddenly, without any warning, he pulled you into his chest, as if he was shielding you from something.

You had no time to react. You look across the street and saw a girl running away. Before you could ask what happened, you felt a weight on your shoulder, then something wet and sticky trickled down onto your hands. It was blood, but it did not belong to you. You touch the back of his head, it was bleeding, a lot, a lot.

“No.. No.. No... SEUNGHYUN-AH!!” You yelled as he collapsed onto the ground, in your arms.

You held onto him, supporting him on your lap. You couldn’t be bothered whether the blood dirtied your white shorts or not. You saw a blood stained brick near you. You look at him, and you quickly absorbed the situation.

“WHY!? WHY SEUNGHYUN WHY!?” You cried, cradling him in your arms. His blood was all over the place now. Passer bys crowded around the two of you. You couldn’t be bothered to protect his identity or yourself from being murdered by fan girls.

“SOMEONE PLEASE!! CALL FOR THE ING AMBULANCE!!!” You yelled at the crowd, pleading them to do something you could not do. There were many murmurs and screams from girls who recognized him.

He lift his hand with whatever energy he has left to caress your cheek.

“Luckily... it’s.. not.. you..” He choked out.

You hit his chest, “IT SHOULD BE ME YOU IDIOT! I’M WARNING YOU! IF YOU DARE LEAVE ME WITHOUT MY PERMISSION, I’M GOING TO CREATE CHAOS EVEN IF YOU ARE DEAD! I’M GOING TO DATE ALL THE HOT GUYS AND FORGET YOU!!” You yelled, obviously not meaning a single word you say.

“Still.. so... fierce...” He said, with a weak smile on his face.

“No no.. I’m not going anywhere... Don’t leave... please!!” You cried shamelessly in his chest.

He took out something from his back pocket and shoved it to you weakly. It was your book, but now blood stained.

“Sorry.. It’s a little dirty.. Don’t forget.. it.. again.. I love.. you..” He smiled.

He was losing conscious, but he fought to stay awake. You saw the book and you cried even harder. He finally threw in the white towel. He passed out in your arms even before the ambulance arrived. You felt his grip on your hand loosen. You screamed his name and shook him like a rag doll, but he just would not respond.

He was taken to the hospital. You sat outside of the operating theater, staring at the blank wall, clutching onto the book. You heard footsteps, people were running towards you. But you were too tired to turn your head to see who it was. It was until someone held onto your shoulders did you look up. It was Young Bae.

“Hey...” He forced a smile. You look up, the other three boys surrounded you. Coming closer one by one were their managers, CEO Yang, Seven, the 2NE1 girls as well as some other artists and dancers of YG who were close to Seung Hyun.

You couldn’t fight it back anymore. You started crying like a baby. The Big Bang gang group hugged, with you in the center. You were not the only ones crying, they were too. The expression they worn on their face pained you as much as the fact your Seung Hyun was now in danger. You have never seen them this defeated before. Usually they were jumping and all smiles, but now, they look like the cheerfulness in them was washed out clean.

“We’re here, lean on us if you’re tired.” Seungri said. He was the maknae, but he was the calmest when things happen. You smiled and pat his head. The both of you were of the same age, but he is younger in terms of months.

CEO Yang assured you that they would arrest the culprit. You smiled and thanked him, but that wasn’t really what you want now, and he knows it too. Everyone sat in silence for God knows how long until the door of the operating theater open. Everyone stood up as if on cue. You look at the doctor, biting the inner wall of your mouth to try bracing yourself for the worst.

“We did what we could. It’s all up to him now..” He bowed to all of you and left.

You easily guessed the situation. He slipped into a coma. Sometimes you hated yourself for being able to get it so easily. It felt as if your hopes were all dashed at once. You stood outside his private room, looking at him through the glass. It’s not that you could not go in, it’s just that you didn’t dare. You hated seeing him so weak, lying there with pipes all over him. It hurt you so much to know that it should be you laying there, not him.  

Everyone left, except for the Big Bang boys. They went inside to accompany their Hyung. You left and went up to the roof. You were not suicidal; it was just your habit to go onto high ground whenever you’re feeling upset. You sat down, looking out at the city. It was almost dawn, you caught the sun rise. It was so beautiful, but you hated the fact you had no one to share it with.

You went back down after a few hours. The boys were asleep in his room, two on the sofa, two on the floor. You went in softly, careful not to wake them up. You stood beside him, looking at his face. You touched his cheek and planted a soft kiss on his forehead.

“Wake up soon, my Tabi..” You whispered into his ears.

You left the room and walked out of the hospital. The scene from the other time greeted you again. Cameras flash into your face, reporters threw questions at you like nobody’s business. You were expecting some rotten fruits or what to be thrown at you or some curses against you entire family, but it didn’t come. Instead, you heard things like “UNNIE FIGHTING!!”

There were obviously some people who hated you, but what do you expect? Then again, the fans hated the culprit more than they hated you. They supported you, maybe because you were their only hope, maybe because there was nothing left to hate, after all, you are too, the victim in this drama.

“Kamsahamida...” You smiled weakly at the crowd before making your way through. You boarded a cab and went back home. The moment you shut the door behind you, you fell to your knees, crying your eyes out. Cursing and taking out your anger on anything around you.

The next few days consist of hospital visits as well as police station visits. The police questioned you several times, you did not understand why they couldn’t just ask you once and for all. You had no energy to argue, so each time, you just compile.

You received a phone call one day, it was from CEO Yang. He invited you down to YG Entertainment. You were surprised he called personally. You were reluctant to go as you did not want to leave Seung Hyun alone and he also did not give you a reason as to why he wanted you there. But still, you went.

They caught the culprit. She was going to be charged, but she wanted to see you. You stared coldly at her. So it’s her, the one who landed your Seung Hyun in that state. Not a bit of remorse was on her face, instead, she smirked at you.

“IT’S YOUR FAULT MY DARLING IS IN THIS STATE NOW!! IT’S YOUR FAULT!!” She shouted into your face. She tried to touch you, but couldn’t because of the hand cuff. You stood in front of her, feeling not a single bit afraid. You did not know why, but your hand automatically slapped across her face. Her eyes widen, obviously not expecting this to happen.

“You tried to break us apart, but you just did otherwise. Thanks to you, I realize how much he meant to me. Even if he is going to remain comatose for life, I’m gonna stick with him. And you, have fun in jail.” You said coldly, leaving her in shock.

News of his coma, the assault as well as your relationship with him spread like wild fire. There were supporters as well as haters but you couldn’t care less. None of those affected you. When haters cursed at you, you just walked on. When supporters encouraged you, you smiled and thank them. You lived that way, for as long as he was in a coma.

Present;

“Are you thinking about it again? Ahh, don’t.. It’s over.. Go out, go shopping, eat good food.. I cannot see your face, but I can feel your hands. They are thinner than before. Have you lost a lot of weight? Ahh.. Please.. Forget that incident already..”

You held onto his hands, not moving an inch. You were snapped out of your thoughts suddenly. You were thinking about that faithful day. How could you ever forget? Never in your life would you. You look down at his lifeless body.

“AISH!!” You hit his chest lightly as you threw his hand back onto the bed. You threw yourself onto the couch and took out a new book from your bag.

You couldn’t concentrate, therefore you shut your book and look around. You took the blood stained book from the and hugged it close to your chest. You did not continue reading, you don’t know why but you just didn’t. Apart from that, there was also a small box wrapped in aqua blue paper with a white ribbon tied neatly on top. You recognized it to be Tiffany and Co’s. The nurse gave it to you together with his belongings that day. You never opened the box, whatever that is inside remains as a mystery to you till today.

You put it down and look at him. You threw a cushion at him.

“Wake up already! Who sleeps for so long!? Stupid pig..” You scolded him.

“Aish.. Still the bad temper..”

***

Words in black and italics belongs to Seung Hyun, words in grey and italics belongs to You, okay?