Seunghyun; It's your decision

Last.. Goodbye

From Chapter 4;

That day, you lie down beside him on his bed. On this day, you were always depressed. You never felt like doing anything productive. You skipped school, just to be with him. You rest your head on his chest, you put one side of the ear phone in his ear and the other side in yours, and just like that, you spent the entire day there, just you, him and music.

Gradually, you fell asleep on his chest, hand intertwined with his. It was way past visiting hours, but the nurses did not have the heart to wake you up to go home. Instead, they covered you with a blanket and turned off the lights, letting you sleep with him.

'I guess she is asleep already~'

'Baby do you know how much I miss your face?'

'Every day I yearn for you, but every day I wish you would not come. Irony? I know. I want you, yet I want you to lead your own life..'

'It's been three years eh? It's killing me so much...'

Seunghyun fell asleep himself too. He was awaken by a loud sound and bright light.

'Baby? You up already?'

"Seunghyun, let me be honest with you."

'Huh? What is this?"

He found himself in a brightly lit area with no one at all, yet the voice was booming in his head.

"Seunghyun, you're not going to make it.."

'Who are you to say this!?'

The voice did not reply.

'I have so much to do.. I want to get married, have kids, teach them stuff.. So much to do... As if lying here for three years is not enough!? You tell me I am not going to make it? What is this!?' His tears welled up in his eyes.

"What if I gave you a chance to live again?"

'What?'

"If I gave you a chance to live again?"

'How?'

"Well.. In life, we have to give and take.. I can give you back your life, but I must take away your memory.."

'My.. memory?'

"Yes. You'll live your life as a brand new Choi Seung Hyun, how does that sound?"

'It sounds ridiculous.'

"HAHAHA! I thought so too. How about this, every year I give you, I'll take 3 from her."

'ARE YOU MAD!?'

"Seunghyun, your time is up, but I know your desire to live on is strong. I provide you with the options, you make the decision. Fair and square. If I allowed everyone to live so easily, then who is going to die?"

'You're just having fun with me. You know I would not do it..'

"To be honest, I didn't know. I don't do mind readings or future tellings you see.."

'Living without her is as good as not living at all. Taking her life to continue mine is totally out of the question. I'll never do that, such bastard act..'

"Then I guess your decision is to come with me?"

'What was these three years for? In a coma, being able to hear her but not respond... What the hell was it for?'

"You wished I took you earlier?"

'Yes and no. At least if I was long gone, she would have gotten on with her life already..'

"I see... So, any last request.. I'll fulfil them, if it is within my control."

'At least.. let me say good bye..' His voice was soft.

"Hmm.. Can do.. But are you sure? It's going to be hard on you, and you cannot back out."

'For three years, I made her wait. This is the least I can do..'

"How long do you need?"

'What's your maximum?'

"HAHA! You're sure one daring person.. Seven days."

'Okay, then seven days.'

"Last chance to change your decision."

'No.' He was firm.

"No regrets?"

'Never.'

"Okay then, I'll see you in seven days. Use them well."

The voice disappeared. Seunghyun felt himself wake up. He thought it was a dream, until he felt his eyes open slowly. He saw the ceiling lights above him. His jaws dropped. He looked around, he was really awake. He saw the bearbricks you bought for him everywhere. He saw the sun rays that shone into the room. Most importantly, he saw you sleeping on his chest. He raised his hand to touch your back. His tears fell when he manages to touch you. 

"Oh my god.. Oh my god..."

He started remembering the encounter he had just now. 

"So... I have seven days?" He asked himself.

At that point of time, it did not seem to matter to him at all.

He look down at you and touched your sleeping face, "I miss you, baby..."