Without you

Last.. Goodbye

You walk into his hospital room. You took a look at him. He was still lying in the same position. You put your stuff down and went to him. You flick his forehead and smiled evilly to yourself.

“This is for still being asleep..”

“Owww... Stupid girl... That hurts.. Wait.. Why are you so early today?”

You did your usual stuff; dust the area around him a little, opened the windows to let some air come in, wash his face and shave him clean, massage his body for blood circulation, then finally sitting down beside him to tell him about your day.

“I met a cutie today.. hee..” You played his fingers as you speak.

“WHO!?”

“I was on the train and I caught him staring at me. When he saw that I caught him staring, he quickly turned away and he blushed.. heehee..”

“Pabo!? That’s not cute, that’s call ERTED! Aish!!!”

“I think he’s about five years old by the way.. HAHAHA.. You got a shock, didn’t you!?”

“Yes, I did.. Idiot.. Stupid girl.. Is it fun playing pranks on me!?”

“School’s boring today, so I kinda skipped the afternoon lessons.. hehe~”

“I knew it.. Always skipping school.. Do you think I own the school or something!?”

“I know you don’t own the school okay! You always say.. I remember it~ Time to change! Hahaha~ I’m just tired, and bored, and I miss you..”

“Aww.. I forgive you for that..”

*CRACK*

“OH MY GOD I’M SORRY HAHAHAHA!” You massaged his fingers as you apologized.

“OWWWWWW!!!  WERE YOU TRYING TO BREAK MY FINGERS!? HOW MANY TIMES MUST I TELL YOU THAT I’M OLD AND MY FINGERS AREN’T FLEXIBLE HUR HUR HUR~”

You were trying to see how far back his fingers could bend when you accidently crack his bones. You have always been doing this whenever he has his fingers in your hand. Each time he sees you playing with his hands, he know this is bound to happen, but he doesn’t stop you because he doesn’t want to spoil your fun.

“I’m so sorry... Does it hurt?? Oww..”

“Of course it does! But it’s okay..”

---

You came, but did not do the usual. Instead, you just gave him a peck on his cheek and went to lie down on the couch. You were having bad cramps that day, and it was torturous. Seunghyun knows exactly when it is your period, he does not need to ask, and neither do you need to say. He recognizes it by your actions, and each time, he manages to make you ‘have a happy period’. He would always let you snuggle close to him while he rubs your tummy warm and make you fall asleep. If you ran out of pads, he would willingly go out to buy them for you, you always try to stop you, but never once you succeed. He remembers your days better than you do, he would prepare chocolates for you beforehand, so you would not have to sulk when you couldn’t find any at home.

Once you had a cramp so bad, you were cold sweating and on the verge of passing out. Nothing he did could help you ease the pain. It freaked him out so badly that he cried openly in front of you. In the end you had to hush him, telling him that you were not dying and that you will be fine. That side of him, only you have seen it before. You always poke fun of him with that crying incident, but deep down, you never told him how touched you were when you saw him broke down because of your pain. He was crying, not for himself, but for you, and he let you see his tears, a weakness no man would want any woman to see. That day, you suddenly realize how much you meant to him, you also realize that he was nothing but a fragile baby.

“Baby? Are you okay? You must be on your period.. It must be hurting badly.. I’m sorry that I’m just lying here.. I’m so sorry...”

“Call one of the boys to get you something warm, will you?”

“Aish... Why am I lying here.... I want to warm your tummy, get you chocolates and hug you tight..”

“Are you still awake?? Don’t scare me.. Move or say something.. Please.. Make some noise.. Let me know you’re okay..”

You were just looking at Seunghyun from the sofa. You miss his touch. His big, warm hands on your tummy, you miss that so much. You pushed yourself off the sofa, every move is so painful you thought your stomach was going to split apart. You pulled the side table and chair away, then push the sofa next to his bed. You lie down on the sofa, beside him. You took his hand and put it under your shirt, on your tummy. His hand, although cold, made you feel warm.

“Ahh, smart girl.. You’ll be alright, okay?”

“I miss you.. I miss you.. I miss you..” You started crying, unknowingly.

“Shh... Baby don’t cry.. I’m here for you.. Go to sleep..”

You drifted off into sleep, hugging his arm. You had a dream about him. The both of you were having a snow fight in the Hangang Park. You buried him in the snow. It was freezing cold, but he allowed you to do it to him. He was shivering badly when you finally got him out, but he was smiling, because you had so much fun.

---

“NOONA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

You recognized that voice. Seungri. He calls you Noona, because despite being the same age as you, you were older in terms of months.

“NOONA ORDIYEYO!!!!!!!!????” (Noona where are you)

You walked out of the toilet and smacked him on the head, gaining roars of laughter from the other three.

“YAH LEE SEUNGHYUN YOU THINK YOU OWN THE HOSPITAL!?”

“OWW! Look who is louder now!?”

“YOU!!” The other three said in unison.

Seungri pouted and went to Seunghyun. He shook his Hyung’s arm.

“HYUNG!! THEY ARE ALL BULLYING ME!! HYUNGGGGGGGG!!!”

“Shut up Seungri.. Shut up.. Hahaha.. Aigoo.. My cute dongseang~”

Jiyong pulled Seungri away from Seunghyun.

“Go and stand at the corner, you’re too noisy.”

He look at Seunghyun and smiled.

“Hyung, still sleeping away? Aish..” He punched Seunghyun’s arm lightly.

“HYUNG!!! DAESUNG IS HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” Daesung yelled into Seunghyun’s ears.

“AISH!! I CAN HEAR YOU! GOODNESS SO LOUD!! Hi Daesung, I miss you..”

“Hyung.. My titbits never seem to finish without you.. Help me eat them, so I can buy others without getting scolded..” Youngbae sat on the side of Seunghyun’s bed.

“HA! Now you know my usefulness!”

“NOONA!!!” Seungri yelled suddenly.

“Your voice again! Weren’t you supposed to be standing at a corner with your mouth shut!?”

“WAE!?”

“Noona.. Let’s go on a date..”

“DATE!? SEUNGRI! HELLO! I’M STILL HERE!”

“Hahahaha! Micheo-so!? You want your hyung to murder you or murder me?”

“ANNI!! The weather is good today! We should go out! Shopping or something, I’ll buy you clothes! You’re always in these few clothes! It’s irritating! And your hair!! You need to cut them, I like you with bangs! Now I can’t even see your eyes!” Seungri whined.

“True.. Bring her out Seungri.. Because I can’t do it on my own..”

“No... I don’t want to leave him alone..”

“Just go my dear.. I’m perfectly fine.. I’ll just sleep.. Go and have some fun, please.. You are my girlfriend, not my slave or something..”

“Noona!!! But the new amusement park is open! You always wanted to try on the roller coasters right!? Let’s go! It’s our off day, and the weather is good! Let’s go!! Noona!!!” Seungri kept whining.

“Seunghyun Hyung wouldn’t mind, right? You wouldn’t mind if we take your girl out today, right?” Jiyong had his hand at Seunghyun’s throat. As though threatening him to say yes or else he’ll squash him.

“Hahaha Jiyong ah~ You don’t have to do that.. Take her out, please. Let her have so much fun, please..”

“Ahhh don’t strangle him.. Okay okay.. I’ll go..”

“YAY NOONA IS THE BEST!!!!” Seungri screamed, pulling both your arms up into the air.

You kiss Seunghyun goodbye before leaving with the boys. It was one of the happiest day ever since the incident. They bought you food, clothes, toys and books. They accompanied you on every ride you wanted to go on, even if some made them uneasy. They worn out all your energy that you fell asleep on Seungri’s shoulder on the way back to the hospital.

“Hyung, we’re back. She had a lot of fun.. She’s asleep now..”

“Thank you.. Thank you so much..”

Youngbae put you on the sofa. You were in such a deep sleep you couldn’t feel anything. The boys were tired too, so they decided to crash there that night.

“Baby girl.. I’m glad you had fun, although I wished it was me who accompanied you...”