Jiyong's Story; Don't write me off just yet

Last.. Goodbye

A/N Story written based on Alternate ending. Just so you wouldn't get confused as to why Tabi is still around despite being dead~ hehe~

It is close to a year since Jiyong and _____ started dating each other. It was love at the first sight for our Kwon leader, but as for _____, it took her quite awhile to accept the fact that the person desperately after her was Kwon Jiyong, G-Dragon.

*FLASHBACK*

The leader stumbled out of the club after having a few drinks with the rest of Big Bang. He accidently crashed into a passerby who was by now, on the ground, gathering her stuff. Usually, the normal reaction of girls would be to scream and throw themselves onto him. They would not even mind if he crash into them with his car. After all, he was Kwon Jiyong, the almighty leader of Big Bang.

He grinned at the girl on the ground who did not even bother to look at him. She picked up her stuff and stood up, dusting off the dirt on her jeans, and then walked straight, ignoring him totally.

“HEY! I’M SORRY!” He yelled, surprised by her actions.

The girl stopped and turned around, she look at him emotionlessly.

“I thought you did not know how to apologize..” She glared at him before walking off, leaving the leader in shock.

“Yah Jiyong, what’s wrong?” Seunghyun slung his arm over the leader’s shoulders, he too, was a little tipsy.

“Nothing I.. I just.. You know.. Ya.. Let’s go..”

A few days passed after that incident, he still could not get the girl out of his head. He never understood why she reacted like this. Did she not know who he was? Did she hate him by default? Was she having a bad day? He was Kwon Jiyong, no one in the right mind would treat him like this, but this girl, this particular girl who occupied his mind since the incident, this girl who he never knew.

“AISH!!!” He crushed up a piece of paper and threw it against the wall, which unfortunately hit Youngbae in his face.

“Woah… Be careful there bro~ What’s wrong?” The younger man took a seat beside his hyung.

“Nothing.. Just thinking..” He answered, not wanting the other to probe further.

Youngbae, being his friend for so long, got the hint and just brushed it off.

“Oh hyung, I heard that we would have a new makeup artist. Heard that she is quite young, about what? 18 or 19? Around there..”

“Yeap, she will be following us. I think she’s permanent.”

“Hmm.. I see..”

“Urm.. I’ll be in the studio, you know where to find me if you need me yea?”

Jiyong kept himself busy every waking moment of his life ever since that incident. It was the only way he could get her out of his mind, or rather, push her to the corner of his mind. He was so tired he practically slept everywhere he went.

He was sleeping soundly in the waiting room one day when he was rudely awoken by a loud sound. He opened his eyes to find a girl squatting on the floor, picking up the brushes that she pushed over by accident. Since he was already, he thought it was only polite to help.

“Here..” He handed her one of the brushes.

“Thank.. Oh.. It’s you. Thank you..” She said with the same monotonous voice.

Jiyong froze on the spot, staring at her so deeply it felt as thou he could burn a hole in her head. When he finally snapped out of it, she was not there anymore. At the other corner of the room, she was getting ready the stuff they would be using later on.

“Hey… Urm… Do you.. remember me?” He found himself stuttering.

“Yes.” She answered, but not looking at him.

“I see.. Sorry about that day.. I was kind of drunk..” He walked closer to her.

“I know, I could tell..” She moved away, totally ignoring the fact he was trying to be friendly.

“So.. You’re the new.. urm.. makeup artist?” He asked her.

“Yes.” She left the room.

He stared at the closed door, unable to snap himself out from it.

“Goodness.. What just happened? She slammed the door into my face. That’s what happened, Kwon Jiyong.. Oh gosh… Why is it so hot..” He laughed as he fanned and talked to himself.

As time passed, Jiyong realize it was not just him she was cold to, which in fact made him quite happy. Maybe she was an introvert. Maybe she is new. Maybe something happened. Maybe this, maybe that. Jiyong kept trying to find excuses for her cold attitude.

Until one day, he could not take it anymore. He could not accept the fact he was crushing on her and she manage to remain so cool about it while him, on the other hand, always had to be afraid that his heart might jump out of his chest when she was nearby.

“_____-sshi..” Jiyong called out to her one day when they were alone in the waiting room.

“Yes, sir?” She looked at him with her infamous emotionless face.

“Do you not like your job?” He asked, arms folded across his chest.

“No, sir.” She answered, like as if she was reading off a text book.

“Do you hate us, then? And, stop calling me sir. Call me Jiyong, or GD, or oppa, whatever..”

“I don’t hate you all..”

‘Oh great, now she might as well don’t address me at all..’ Jiyong mentally face-palmed himself as he thought.

“Then.. Why are you… So cold?” He finally asked the question that has been haunting not only him, but also the other members ever since the day she came to work.

She never mingled with others. She never spoke more than necessary. She never laughed at their jokes. She never wanted to take a photo. Never, she did nothing of that sort. Like a robot, she was behaving.

They stared at each other for God knows how long until she broke the silence.

“Do I have a reason to open up?” She answered.

“Well.. We will be working together.. We can be friends.. And.. I don’t know.. Just..” He couldn’t find a reason, to be honest.

“So what if I open up? So what if we become close? You, like all others in this world would just leave me one day. So, tell me, what’s the point? It’s just a waste of my ing time.” She threw the brush back into the box.

He swore he saw a tear slip out of her eye.

“Hey… I’m not gonna leave.. We can be friends.” He grabbed her hand.

“We’ll see about that..” She smirked at him, as thou challenging him.

“Everyone who said this to me, left me. You will be no exception. I don’t need a fortune teller to tell me this.” She push his hand away and walked out of the room.

_____ knew, she knew they discussed her all the time. She knew Jiyong was crushing on her. But she could not bring herself to open up to him, to them. She once used to smile, she once used to trust everyone in the world, but they let her down, time after time again. Her so-called boyfriend left her, her so-called friends left her, her family did not bother much about her too. She was a loner, indeed, and she was used to it.

And now, Kwon Jiyong of Big Bang is crushing on her, the other boys wants to know her more, people want to be her friend? What a joke, what a sick joke, something she would never believe again.

“You know, I am not giving up!” Jiyong yelled.

“We’ll see…” She whispered to herself.

Kwon Jiyong was a stubborn and persistent person. He never believed that something could not be done, neither would he give up just because someone said no to him. And his hard work paid off after a few months, _____ started talking a little more as well as greeting him by his name. It may seem like nothing, but to Jiyong, it was a great step.

The first time she laughed at their jokes, the boys, especially Jiyong almost choked on their food. She look at them, confused at their expression.

“Urm.. Is there something on my face?” She looked into the mirror.

“No.. Just that.. Noona.. Your smile is so beautiful.. Why did you have to hide it all these while?” The maknae asked her.

She blushed, not knowing how to answer him. Jiyong slapped his thigh, hinting him to stop making her awkward. Jiyong could not stop looking at her. Her smile pierced through his heart like an arrow, just like how his pierce through her heart, just that he never knew, because she never said or never show.

“Good work today..” Jiyong said to her as she cleaned off the makeup on his face. They were alone in the room, again. The boys knew there was something going on between their leader and her. He never said anything but how his face lit up every time she appeared kind of gave off everything. Ever since then, they always tried to give them time together. _____ knew exactly what the boys were doing. But she was still unsure. It took her a long time to even show them her smile.

“It’s nothing. You’re the one who deserve the good work..” She pat his shoulder. He caught her hand and spun the chair around so he could face her. _____ felt as if all the blood in her body went into her cheeks.

“_____-ah~ I.. You know.. I kind of.. Like you.. Since the first time we met.. You were never off my mind..” He choked out.

A smile formed on _____’s lips unknowingly. She had feelings for him, no doubt. But she was unsure of it. Why would he like someone like her? Like seriously, why? She was plain Jane, while he was Kwon Jiyong.

“Would you… be.. my.. girlfriend? Please… You don’t need to answer me now.. Just… think about it.. I can wait, you know? I can wait..” His face was soft.

“Mmm..” She smiled and nodded.

“Huh? What??”

“Okay… Let’s try it out..” She had no idea what had got into her, but those words just came out of .

“ARE YOU SERIOUS!? OH MY GOD!!” He got up and hugged her tightly, spinning her around.

“YAH YAH!! PUT ME DOWN!!” She hit his shoulder, but was laughing happily.

Their first few months together were as sweet as honey. Their relationship was open in the company, everyone knew. Jiyong made it so obvious. To his surprise, they received blessings instead of disapprovals. But happiness was always short lived.

As Big Bang grew, their schedules were more and more hectic. Jiyong was hardly in Korea. They hardly met. Even if they did, they did not say anything more than ‘How is your day?’, ‘I missed you..’ _____ started regretting even opening up to them. She regretted even taking the risk. Because of work, Jiyong was usually tired, and when he was tired, he became easily irritated. She tried to get closer to him, to know more, but each time he would brush her off. She tried to visit him at work, to show him care, but he would just ask her to go home.

The boys noticed the changes in their leader. They knew it was due to the stress he was facing, but still, it was not right.

“Jiyong, do not do something that would make you regret in future. If she leaves, she’s never coming back.” Seunghyun told him sternly one day after he sent _____ home again, for the third time this week.

“Hyung.. I’m tired..” He tried to brush the older man away but Seunghyun grabbed him by his hand, staring into his eyes. Jiyong knew he was serious.

“Jiyong-ah, trust me, you will regret it if she leaves..” Seunghyun said, remembering his close shave with death. He did not want Jiyong to have to go through the same thing to realize how precious she was in his life.

“Yea.. Whatever..” He walked off, leaving Seunghyun standing in the middle of the room.

“I’m telling you this because I don’t want you to have to go through what I’ve gone through, Jiyong-ah~” He mumbled to himself, knowing the younger man would not hear anything.

Jiyong and _____ started drifting apart. _____ gave up trying to hold the relationship together. It was pointless as Jiyong did not even seem like he was trying. He himself don’t even know why he was behaving this way. He was certain he still love her, but he did not know why he was playing hard to get, after desperately going after her for so many months.

“_____-ah~ How dumb are you.. He is Kwon Jiyong, why would he like you? Why did you even trust them? Do you have a problem with yourself? You knew better that no one likes you, everyone leaves you, why did you allow this to happen?” _____ laughed to herself as she wiped her tear stained face.

She became quieter, almost back to her original self. Everyone noticed the differences in her, Jiyong no doubt. One day after his performance, she took him up to the roof top of the building.

“Jiyong-ah, thank you for all these while, it was great. But I think it’s time we part. You had your fun, I had my fun. Let’s end this..” She said, smiling at him.

He was stunned, he wasn’t expecting this.

“Why….” He managed to choke out after so long.

“WHY!?” She finally exploded.

“Listen well Kwon Jiyong, I’ll tell you why. BECAUSE I AM RIGHT, I AM ING RIGHT! REMEMBER I SAID THAT ONE DAY, YOU’LL EVENTUALLY LEAVE ME WHEN YOU ARE TIRED? YOU SAID NO, I SAID WE’LL SEE! NOW LOOK AT THIS! But of course, Jiyong-sshi, I don’t blame you. I should have known better. I should have seen this coming. Why am I even hurting? I don’t know. Haha.. This is why..” She left him standing in the cold on the rooftop.

She ran out of the building, and never returned. She did not turn up for work, she did not return his calls or text messages. Now he knew, he finally knew what his Hyung meant. He hated to say this, but Seunghyun was right. She was never coming back, and he is regretting every bit of it, because why? He destroyed their relationship with his hands, his own two hands.

“Good on you Kwon Jiyong, good on you..” He mumbled as he poured another cup of Whiskey down his throat.

“STOP DRINKING!!!” Seunghyun snatched the glass cup away from him and threw it into the bin.

“WHY!!!!” Jiyong did not care if he was rude to his Hyung.

“WHAT IS GOING TO CHANGE!? ALL THESE ALCOHOL WILL JUST SHORTEN YOUR LIFE AND NOT GET HER BACK!!” Seunghyun screamed into his dongseang’s face.

“Ahh Hyung.. You know alcohol will shorten your life too?” He laughed, obviously drunk.

“Jiyong-ah~ If you love her, get her back.” Seunghyun sighed.

“Hyung.. You’re right.. She’s not coming back..” He collapsed into the arms of his Hyung.

“Then? Are you gonna let her go? DO SOMETHING!!” Seunghyun couldn’t stand seeing him like this.

“Let me drink.. Just for today..” He grabbed the bottle.

“No.. You’ve been drinking for too many days..” Seunghyun took the bottle back.

“Last day. I promise..” Jiyong tried to pull the bottle back.

“If I catch you drinking again, I’m gonna smash you with this bottle. This particular one.” Seunghyun slammed the bottle on the table.

The two men drank till their hearts content. By the time they finished all the liquor, they were so dead drunk they could not stop laughing. It was a blessing that they were at home and not outside. They fell asleep on each other.

The next morning, the two of them woke up with a terrible headache, but Jiyong never forgot his promise to his Hyung. He never touched another cup of hard liquor. He was planning hard for something in mind, he could only pray that it would work out well.

Jiyong held his phone in his hands, not daring to send out the message he had typed one hour ago.

“Aish! KWON JIYONG! BE A MAN!!” He shut his eyes and pressed on ‘send’. Now, there was nothing he could do but wait.

_____ ah, Jiyong here. I know you probably wouldn’t want to see me anymore, but I hope you would come for out concert tomorrow. It’s 7PM at the Seoul Olympic Stadium. I’ll be waiting…

*END OF FLASHBACK*

Jiyong  sat alone in the waiting room, his hands were cold, he was nervous, not for the concert, but because he did not receive any reply from her.

“HYUNG!!!!” The maknae crashed into the leader.

“HYUNG!! SHE’LL COME!!!” He yelled.

Jiyong smiled and pat his head.

“Jiyong, even if you failed, at least you tried, okay?” Seunghyun said, embracing him.

“Yes.. I know..”

Fans yelled and chant their names like crazy ever since they appeared. They begged to get the attention of their almighty G-Dragon, but he could not seem to see them. His eyes scan through the crowd, trying very hard to look for one particular person. The lights were so strong it hurt his eyes, but that did not make him give up. He had someone pass the ticket to _____ a few days ago. The person left the ticket in her letter box as no one came to the door.

It was nearing the end of the concert, time for a solo performance. Jiyong still could not find _____. She was there in the crowd, looking closely at his every move. She deliberately hid herself from him. He almost got her, but if she did not want him to see her, he would not be able to find her. She had her ways, always.

“To be honest, today, my heart is very heavy. I’m actually looking for someone, in the crowd. I don’t know if she is here, but then again, even if she is, and she doesn’t want me to see her, I wouldn’t be able to. I did something terribly wrong and heartless to this person, and I just want to apologize. I hope she would give me another chance, but I don’t know. I just don’t know..” The fans were shocked at his sudden confession, not only them, but you as well.

“My eyes hurt, I can’t really see now. These contacts are burdensome, aren’t they? Haha.. I hope everyone would do me a favour.” He look at the crowd.

“YEA!!!!!” The fans yelled, ever so obediently.

“Can I ask for all of you to sit down?” He asked.

He rubbed his eyes as he said that. _____ felt a stab in her heart as she saw his clearly red eyes from the screen. She still cared for her, but she wasn’t too sure about letting him pass just like this. She took the chance when fans were fumbling around to leave the concert hall. Just when she was at the last flight of stairs, almost stepping out, the lights in the hall went on.

Jiyong seemed to have predicted that move. He smiled when he saw the familiar back view froze at the stairs.

‘You came, after all..’ He thought to himself.

“Thank you.” He said, smiling, staring at your back.

The lights went off and the security guards, for some reason, did not allow you to go out. The sound of the piano filled the concert hall, followed by his beautiful voice. You stood at the same spot, tears pouring out of your eyes as the lyrics hit you like an arrow, every single word.

It’s never been easy for me
To find words to go along, with a melody
But this time there’s actually something, on my mind
So please forgive these few brief awkward lines

Since I’ve met you, my whole life has changed
It’s not just my furniture, you’ve rearranged
I was living in the past, but somehow you’ve brought me back
And I haven’t felt like this since before Frankie said relax

And while I know, based on my track record
I might not seem like the safest bet
All I’m asking you, is don’t write me off, just yet

For years I’ve been telling myself, the same old story
That I’m happy to live off my so called, former glories
But you’ve given me a reason, to take another chance
Now I need you, despite the fact, that you’ve killed all my plants

You did not notice, but he was next to you. The fans were quiet, because he asked them to.

And though I know,
I’ve already blown more chances t
han 

Anyone should ever have.
All I’m asking you, is don’t write me off, just yet.
Don’t write me off just yet

You jumped when you realize how close he was to you and how many thousand pairs of eyes was staring at you, with anger, with happiness, with jealousy, everything. The boys on stage were staring at you, smiling from ear to ear.

“My English is bad, but I hope you caught every word of the song. I was a jerk, I did not treasure you, I don’t know why. Seunghyun Hyung said I would regret it, and true enough, I regretted. I am so sorry, _____-ah~ I’m so sorry. I know you tried to hold things together, but you got tired eventually, didn’t you? _____-ah, I know I broke your trust, I know you gave me many chances I never deserved. But the fact you came today, that means you still feel something for me, don’t you? I don’t care if I become the man with the thickest skin in Korea tomorrow on the newspaper, I’m gonna ask this. Will you, give me another chance? Please?” He looked into your eyes, tears staining his perfect face.

_____ wipe the tears off his face as she nodded slightly.

“If it happens again, I don’t care if your fans burn me, I’m gonna kill you..” She whispered to him.

“YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” He yelled, picking her up and running all the way to the stage.

The boys cheered and the audiences went mad. They did Sunset Glow as their final song before retiring backstage. The first thing she did when she went down was to search for eye drops for his bloodshot eyes.

“Come..” She pulled him to the couch where she let him lie on her lap.

“This is gonna hurt, bear with it..”

She dripped a drop of eye drop in his eye, he winced at the stinging pain. She rub his arm to hush him but instead he pulled her down by her neck, kissing her passionately, as if there was only her and him on earth.

When he finally pulled apart, he stared into her eyes.

“I’m so sorry…”

“Forget it…”

“I love you..”

“We’ll see.. Hahaha..”

“YAH!!! HOW DARE YOU!?”

“What?”

“Nothing.. Even if you don’t love me, I’ll still love you..”

He was exhausted, from all the drama. He have not been sleeping or eating well ever since that day. He drifted off into sleep on her lap.

“Yah… I love you too~” She whispered into his ear, kissing him on his cheek as she watch him sleep.