Alternate Ending; Was it just a dream?

Last.. Goodbye

From Chapter 10; Goodbye, my love

"Can you call me that...?"

"Hmm? Oppa.. Tabi Oppa.." You kissed him on his cheek, before falling asleep totally.

“Goodbye. my love, my baby, my everything.. Thank you, for giving me such a memorable relationship. I’ll miss you.. Your scent, your touch, your smile, your everything.. I’ll miss you.. I love you.. I never felt a love so real before.. I’m sorry that I’m still lacking in many ways.. I’m sorry I made you wait.. I am sorry I have to go so soon..” His voice got weaker and softer.

He turned around to give you a final peck on your cheek before he felt his eyelids got heavier. He closed his eyes despite tears pouring out of them, ready to face whatever he had to face. He kept mumbling ‘I love you’, until the life in him slowly slipped away.

Seven days is up. He had a promise to fulfil. He never expected it to be so painful, so torturous. But he was very sure, he did not regret a single bit of his decision. 

***

Seunghyun felt cold to his bones. He was getting sleepier and sleepier. He struggled to stay awake, but no avail. Is this what death felt like? Cold, lonely, sleepy… He tried to shake your hand, to say a final goodbye, but you did not reply him. You were too worn out for the day, he guessed.

“Bye Darling.. Bye…” He whispered. Finally losing it, he gave up trying. He in one last breath of air. Goodbye, forever.

The sun shone into the room, waking you up. You opened your eyes to find your boyfriend sleeping peacefully beside you. You kissed his cheek. It was cold. You touch his arms, they were cold. Obviously, you had the blanket warmly wrapped around you, while he had none. Only dressed in a simple t-shirt and boxer, no wonder he was freezing. You rubbed his arms to warm him up. He did not move.

“Are you that tired?” You covered the blanket over him and pushed his hair out of his face.

“Sleep.. Sleep well..” You pulled the curtains together to prevent the sunrays from shining in. The room was very dark, extremely comfortable to sleep in.

You went to wash up, and then made your way downstairs. You opened the refrigerator, staring inside for quite awhile, deciding on what to cook for breakfast. You took out the eggs, sausages and pancakes. You look at the time, it was 8AM. You reckon he would not be awake till 10AM, so you took your time to prepare and cook.

 You put a Big Bang album into the player to keep you company while you cook. You were having fun cooking alone. When you are finally done, you looked at the time. 9.30AM. You set the table, washed the pans, then decided to go wake him up.

You opened the door softly, knowing he was still asleep. You crawl into bed beside him. You could hear his heavy breathing. You poke his arm softly. No response. You bite his finger. No response.

“Yah.. Choi Seung Hyun.. Wakie wakie..” You whispered into his ear.

“Oui… Stop being such a pig.. Wake up already.. I made breakfast..” You his cheek, just to irritate him.

He turned around, making some sound to show you that he is irritated. You giggled at his action.

“What did you say? I cannot understand you.. Yah.. Wake up..” You slap his .

“I’m already here what else do you want…” He murmured in his sleep.

“What? Yah.. Wake up!” You laughed, slapping his arm.

“I FULFILED MY PROMISE ALREADY! WHY CAN’T YOU LEAVE ME ALONE! WHAT ELSE DO YOU WANT FROM ME!?” He yelled suddenly, taking you by surprise.

“What promise are you talking about? Yah Tabi!” You shook his arm.

“What kind of ing choices was that.. You obviously did not want to let me live. Now I’m here, what else do you want! I did not try to extend the seven days! I’m here already so just take me! Take me and stop irritating me!” You were totally confused as to what he was saying.

You tried to pull him up, to shake him awake.

“Yah yah! Choi Seung Hyun, don’t scare me like this~ What the hell are you talking about? What seven days to live? Come on, wake up!!” You slap his cheek.

His eyes shot open. He look at you, as thou he did not know you.

“AHHHHH!!!!!” He backed away until he fell off the bed.

“Owww….” He held onto his back.

“YAH!! ARE YOU OKAY!?” You went to his side.

He look at you still in a state of shock.

“What are you doing here?” He mumbled, but clear enough for you to hear.

“What am I doing here? WHAT AM I DOING HERE!? YAH~ CHOI SEUNG HYUN, IS IT FUNNY?” You slap his arm.

“No no.. WHAT AM I DOING HERE!?” He asked, looking around as if he did not recognize the place.

“YAH! THIS IS YOUR HOUSE!!” You were getting annoyed.

“I KNOW BUT I AM SUPPOSED TO BE…” He suddenly took your hand and slap it across his cheek.

“YAH WHAT ARE YOU DOING!?” You rub his red cheek.

“Have you lost your mind!?” You yell back at him.

“I think so..” He answered softly.

“What were you talking about? Seven days to live and all? Who were you talking to? Or rather, what were you dreaming of?” You pull him up onto the bed.

“Nothing.. I.. I don’t know.. Ahh nothing..” He covered the blanket over him.

“Are you sure you are not hiding anything from me?” You pulled the blanket away from him.

“Nothing.. I’ll just go and wash up..” He walked off, leaving you dumbfounded behind.

“Was that really just a dream? What if he heard my choice wrongly? He would not take her life right?” He mumbled to himself as he walked.

“What are you saying!? DON’T MUMBLE!!” You scolded him.

He turn to you, staring at your face. He suddenly cup your cheeks with his palms. He look at you, making you uneasy all over.

“Let.. go..” You stuttered.

“No..” He continued looking.

He broke into a smile and pulled you into a tight embrace. You felt the back of your shirt wet.

“Are you.. crying?” You asked him.

He nodded.

“Why? Don’t cry.. Baby don’t cry..” You his back.

“I’m so happy.. So, so, so happy..” He looked at you.

Before you could answer him, he crushed his lips against yours, kissing you passionately.

“I’m so happy to be alive. To be able to see you again, to hold you like this, to kiss you, to hug you. I’m just so happy…” You couldn’t understand a single word he was saying.

“O..kay… I’m happy too.. So, can my happy boy wash up and have his happy breakfast before it turns cold and moody?” You wiped his tears away.

He nodded. You left the toilet to let him wash up. He suddenly pulled you back.

“Now what, happy boy?”

“I love you..” He smiled, the exact same smile that melted your heart the first time you saw him. The exact same smile that never fail to send butterflies go crazy in your stomach. The exact same smile you fell so badly for. The exact same smile you would not trade anything in the world for. His smile, Choi Seung Hyun’s smile, your boyfriend’s smile, that smile so precious to you.

“I love you too.. Now GO WASH UP!” You smack his cheek.

You unconsciously smiled to yourself. You never understood what he was saying, but was it important? What is more important that he is with you now, alive and well, that is more important, isn’t it?