Happy days

Last.. Goodbye

3 years ago;

You were in Starbucks, legs crossed, with a book in your hand. There were two cups of beverages on the table in front of you, one of which is almost empty. You look at the time on your phone and let out a tsk sound. You pulled out the ear phones from your ears and turned your iPod off. You shut your book and threw it on the seat beside you. You finished your drink and lean back onto the cushioned seat, with your arms across your chest.

“You better not arrive, or else I’ll pull your hair out. What? I’m on the way? I’m reaching? Bastard, it’s almost an hour. I’ve waited for 3 hours. My book is almost finished, my frappe has melted, and you’re still not here. You idiot.. How could you let a girl wait?” You mumbled under your breath. Despite being so fed up, you found yourself still waiting.

“My hair is yours to pull..” You heard a familiar husky voice behind you.

You turn around and saw a tall guy in sunglasses with his head down. You almost smiled but you suppress it by biting onto your lower lip. You turn away, ignoring him. But in fact, your stomach is filled with butterflies. You let your smile show as your back faced him. He hugged you from behind.

“Sorry, I know I’m extremely late. I know I kept you waiting for too long and your book is almost finished. I’ll buy you another one to read okay? I was held up on the way. I’m so sorry, I’ll let you pull out my hair, okay?” He whispered into your ears. You elbowed his stomach.

“Sit down..” You hissed at him, while he pout at you, rubbing his stomach.

“So violent... Is this mine?” He took the cup of already melted Iced Americano. He sat down, but he was careful not to sit on your book because he knows that books mean more than anything to you. Once he accidently stepped on your book and you yelled at him so loudly he almost got a heart attack. After that, he learnt his lesson.

“I’m violent, but you’re the cause of it. And, do you see a third person here?” You answered back rudely. Instead of getting offended, he found it cute.

“Aigoo... My baby is angry? Ahh sorry sorry sorry sorry... Come, pull my hair out.” He took your hand and put it on his head. You smack his head instead.

“Owwww....” He made a crying face at you.

You laughed. He always manages to make you smile, or maybe you’re just a little bias when it comes to him. You notice a few stares and pointing fingers coming from the people around. You were sensitive when it comes to this because you did not want him to get noticed. It happened once and it was a hell of a week for the both of you. Reporters crowded at your doorstep, fans hated you to the core. But luckily for the both of you, his company and group members were supportive.

You pulled the drink away from him and grab his hand.

“Let’s go.” You pulled him along, totally forgetting about your book.

“Aish this girl.. Some sort of book lover?” He mumbled as he took your book and shoved it into his back pocket. Yes, you may love books like crazy, but you tend to leave them everywhere and he always has to clear them up for you.

You pulled him along for God knows how far. He did not complain or ask where you were leading him to. He kind of liked it when you lead him along. You stopped suddenly, shoving the straw into his mouth.

“Drink..” You said with authority. He laughed and took the drink from you.

“What?” You asked, annoyed at the fact he was laughing, obviously at you.

“Nothing. So sensitive, this girl.” He looked away, smirking to himself.

“YAH!” You slapped his arm.

“OWW! OMO WAE!? You mean I can’t laugh!? My girlfriend is so cute, therefore I’m laughing!” He rubbed his arm, shocked from your violent gesture.

Your cheeks turned red almost instantly. You tried to hide them away but he caught it even before you could turn away.

“Aigoo.. Someone is embarrassed? Let me cool those cheeks down for you..” He put his cup onto your cheek.

“Ahh go away! I have not forgiven you yet!” You pushed him away.

“Ahh.. So petty... Even if you want to get angry, you should keep yourself warm. The heat from your anger is not enough to keep your body warm you know?” He said as he put his scarf over your neck.

“Eh don’t.. You’re just wearing a freaking shirt! I have my jacket on..” You tried to take the scarf off but he wouldn’t allow you to.

“Like this, I’m warm enough.” He said, putting his arm around your shoulder.

The both of you walked along the street. It was a cold Wednesday night. The streets were almost empty and the temperature should be really low, judging from the cold. It was unusual for the start of winter to be this cold, but you were warm in his arms.

“Let’s sit there..” He pointed to an empty bench in the park.

“NO LET’S GO TO THE SWING!” You pushed his arms away and raced towards the empty swing, ignoring the cold air hitting against your face.

“AHHH BE CAREFUL! LOSER HAS TO BUY ICE CREAM!!!” He ran passed you.

You were taken by surprise. You felt that it was unfair, his legs were much longer and he was definitely fitter than you in any way possible. You resorted to dirty methods, being as competitive as he was.

“AH!!” You fell onto the ground.

He stopped and turned back. He saw you on the ground, his heart almost stopped.

“Omo! ARE YOU OKAY!?” He ran back to you. He held onto you and check your body for injuries

“Where are you hurt!? Say something!!” The worry in his eyes made you feel so guilty for what you’re plotting to do next. But you did it anyway.

“Sorry!” You pushed him away and ran towards the swing, laughing your head off.

He was caught off guard, he fell backwards, looking at you run off. It took him awhile to digest the situation.

“AISH YOU CHEATER!!” He got up and ran to you. He held onto the swing you were on, preventing you from moving.

“YOU CHEATED!” He yelled into your face.

“I HAD TO! YOU WERE BEING UNFAIR! YOUR LEGS ARE LONGER!” You screamed back.

Just like that, the two of you screamed at each other, as if you two were the only living human on Earth.

“GO AWAY!!” You pushed him and went off to another swing.

He sat on the sand, arms crossed, glaring at you. You ignored him and continued swinging for about 15 minutes.

“Aish! What a petty man!” You got off your swing and went towards him, stretching your hand out.

“Sorry sorry! I’m sorry for tricking you!” You said, insincerely.

“Hmph!” He turned his back to face you.

“Aigoo!!! Big baby!” You squat down in front of him.

“Sorry Baby Choi.. I’m wrong, forgive me, please..” You apologized sincerely this time, adding a little aegyo in because you knew he couldn’t handle it. And true enough, he couldn’t. You were never the type to apologize easily or do aegyo in front of anyone, but for him, you willingly do everything.

“AHH WHATS WITH THE AEGYO!?” His smile gave his anger away.

“Hehe I won... Get up!” You pulled his arm, but he pulled you down instead.

Your cheek was on his chest, close enough to hear his heart beat.

“W..What...” You stuttered.

“Let’s stay like this.. See, the stars are so beautiful tonight..” You can feel his chest go up and down as he breathed.

“But.. What if someone sees us?” You asked.

“AISH WOMAN! WHO IS GOING TO SEE US AT 3AM IN THE MORNING!?” He yelled into your ears, irritated at the fact you spoilt the moment.

“AHH FINE DO YOU HAVE TO SHOUT!?” You kicked his shin.

“Hahaha.. Sorry..” He pulled you close to him.

You two stayed like this for quite awhile. He did not bother about his hair and clothes getting dirty by the sand neither were you bothered by the fact it was getting colder. With him, every day was like a fairy tale. You were hated by many, because they were jealous. But you couldn’t be bothered, neither could he.