Flavor 9: Kisses

Ice ♥ Cream
~ Yunhee's POV ~
 
Finally a free day.
 
It's Sunday and I've done with my midterm exams. I've worked on the lyrics for MBLAQ as well; I can only hope that they will be satisfied with my works.
 
It's almost three weeks since Joon kissed me. Something makes me feel uneasy; not about Joon, but about Gikwang.
 
Last week, he told me at the rooftop of Cube Entertainment building that he is still in love with me. I thought he had forget about his feeling for me, that he would think of me only as a best friend.
 
I don't know why I don't want to be in a relationship though. I just think that it's not the right time yet. I need to concentrate with my study and work; that's all.
 
Plus, I don't really believe in love. Sometimes I think it's lust. I don't remember well, but I think there are already more than thirty boys who had confessed to me since junior high school.
 
I rejected them one by one; Gikwang even knew who the boys in high school who confessed to me. Two of them were only putting a bet on me, whether I would choose one of them or not.
 
I don't understand why they did that kind of game on someone else. If the girl was actually fell for one of them, it must be really hurt.
 
But Gikwang is different. I know that.
 
He stays with me even after I told him that I only think of him as a best friend. He cares for me with all his heart even after he has his heart crushed by me.
 
His words that he would be fine as long as I don't fall for Joon or other man keeps looping on my mind. It's the first time I think of Gikwang like this.
 
What is this feeling?
 
My phone vibrates, taking my attention from wandering around.
 
It's a new text message from Gikwang. He said that he wants to come over to my apartment to talk about their new mini album.
 
I reply his message with a 'yes' answer. I get out from my bedroom and pick new clothes my mother sent to me yesterday.
 
It's only ten in the morning and I'm only wearing simple plain white t-shirt and short pants. I pick out the off-shoulders top and black pants, quickly changing my clothes.

Photobucket
 
After around ten minutes, I hear the knocks on my door. I rush to the door and find Gikwang is standing with two cones of ice cream in his hands.
 
"Ice cream!" I squeak happily when I know he brings my favorite dessert over.
 
Gikwang has a blank expression written in his face. He just stands there with the ice cream, without saying anything to me.
 
"Gikwang Oppa?" I wave my hand in front of his face. "What's wrong?"
 
"Eh?" he blinks. "N-nothing. Here, have an ice cream."
 
He hands over the chocolate ice cream to me and then steps inside my room. We walk to the main room and sit side by side, just like what we always do.
 
"Is it new?" he mutters. "Your clothes."
 
I nod while enjoying my ice cream, "My mom just sent them yesterday. Why?"
 
"Well," he rubs his head nervously, "I think you shouldn't wear it when you're outside."
 
"Eh?" I stop eating my ice cream. "Is it that bad?"
 
"No, not that," Gikwang looks panic. "It's perfect!"
 
I tilt my head, don't understand what he is trying to say. Gikwang finishes his ice cream quickly and looks at me with blushed cheeks.
 
"I just don't want other men to look at you," he murmurs without looking at me. "Because you're too attractive with that outfit."
 
"Thank you... I guess," I chuckle. I think it's a compliment, isn't it?
 
He smiles and pats my head, "Finish the ice cream. I want to show you some recordings of our dance practice."
 
 
~ Gikwang's POV ~
 
After some topics about BEAST's new mini album and watched some recordings of BEAST's dance practice, Yunhee tells me about the lyrics she had written for BEAST and MBLAQ. I read through all of them and tell her that she did a great job.
 
"Really?" she looks really happy. "Good to hear that."
 
I wonder how much her cuteness can increase. She is way too cute and beautiful in the same time.
 
I don't know what she feels to me now; she doesn't make a distance with me even after I confessed my feeling again to her.
 
Come to think of it, does she think that I'm not serious? Because of my jokes when I'm being an MC at Inkigayo with IU? Aish.
 
"Yunhee ah," I decide to ask her. "What do you think about IU?"
 
"IU?" she tilts her head. "She is talented and really cute. Why?"
 
If only you know that you're way cuter than her in my eyes.
 
"Just random question," I smile and move closer to her. "Do you think that I was flirting with IU when we're hosting Inkigayo?"
 
"Maybe," she frowns with a cute expression. "Why?"
 
"Just another random question," I shift closer again to her, reaching out my hand to move away her long hair that covering her neck. "Does your heart beat faster when Joon kissed you?"
 
"I don't think so," she doesn't move at all, letting me touch her soft cheek. "Why?"
 
"You really love to ask for my reason, eh?" I hold my laughter and caress her cheek gently. "You know that I don't have an answer for all your 'why' questions."
 
"What kind of question that you can't answer?" she asks innocently while I let go of her cheek and start to trail her long hair with my finger.
 
"Like...," I think of an example while I lean closer to kiss the tip of her hair, "...why do I want to be with you?"
 
My heart beats faster now. Something inside of my head keeps telling me that I shouldn't be happened to be alone with her because my feeling for her is getting stronger.
 
Since I knew that Joon has kissed her, I think I can't let her be just like now. If I don't want to lose her, I need to make sure that she has me as the one who loves her truly.
 
I move over and kiss her cheek quickly, muttering the next sentence, "Like why do I want to hug you?"
 
I hold her hand which is trying to prevent me from getting closer to her with my another free hand. I let my hand keeps holding on her long and soft hair while my lips are only an inch away from her face.
 
"Like...," I look at her deeply, "why do I love you?"
 
After the words, I kiss her on her lips, feeling her cold and sweet lips once again.
 
I'm not sure if it is true or not, but I can feel she kisses me back slightly. She is closing her eyes and she has stopped trying to push me away.
 
"I wonder if you know the answers for my questions as well," I mumble after I parted the kiss, ignoring the fact my heart is beating beyond my control now.
 
"Like what?" she murmurs. Her cheeks are slighly flushed pink now; something I rarely see from her.
 
"Why do I always feel that I can't take my eyes off of you?" I put my forehead on hers. "Why do I can't take you out of my mind?"
 
"I...," she freezes for a while, "...don't know."
 
"Yunhee," I look at her eyes. "Does your heart beat faster because of me?"
 
She doesn't answer me or look at me, but she nods slowly, making my heart almost jump out because of happiness.
 
But the happiest moment of my life is ruined by the ringtone of her phone. She quickly stands up and receives the phone call.
 
"Ne," she says to the caller. "It's me."
 
I look at her, waiting for the caller to end the conversation. The caller is totally destroying the perfect mood. Aish.
 
"Oh, I think so," Yunhee speaks. "Give me fifteen minutes. I'll see you there."
 
She nods and then ends the phone call. She puts down the phone back on the table and turns to me with a shy smile, "I need to meet Joon Oppa. He just called me."
 
Joon?!