Flavor 13: Dark House

Ice ♥ Cream
~ Yunhee's POV ~
 
Joon walks me around the amusement park, asking me to accompany him from one attraction to another. He looks like a little kid, as if today is his first time at amusement park.
 
"Let's see," Joon stops to look at the amusement park map. "We still have five favorite attractions to visit."
 
I walk to his side and take a look at the map. My eyes lock at the label of 'Dark House'.
 
"Dark House," I mutter. "It's been a while."
 
"Eh?" Joon turns to me. "You want to go to Dark House? Isn't it a spooky place?"
 
"Ah, no, it's not like that," I chuckle. "I'm fine if you don't want to go there. Looks like you don't like spooky place."
 
"I-I...," he stammers. "If you want to go there, I'll be perfectly fine."
 
I shake my head and tell him to take a look for another attraction. I don't really like Dark House too; I just remember something about that place.
 
It's my third time to this amusement park. The first one is with my family when I was only ten years old. The second time is with Gikwang.
 
Gikwang asked me to go out with him two years ago, on his 20th birthday. He was really busy those days with his preparation for debut as AJ.
 
 
~ Yunhee's Flashback ~
 
To begin with, amusement park was not my favorite place to visit. I'd rather go to library or cafe to spend my free day but since Gikwang asked me to go with him, I didn't want to refuse his request.
 
I picked white dress with black ribbon around the waist and blue coat to prevent me from cold. I picked a white shoulder bag and a pair of blue shoes for my outfit.

Photobucket
 
Gikwang has waited for me in front of my house. Once he saw me, he told me that I could count today as his early graduation gift for me.
 
"You look beautiful today," he patted my head, "as usual."
 
"Thank you," I smiled. "I haven't graduated you know. Don't you think it's a little bit too much?"
 
"You can count it as your gift for my debut or my present for your graduation," he grinned. "Sounds good to me anyway. Your family will move to USA after your graduation, right?"
 
I nodded while we walked away from my house, "Looks like we just need to enjoy today as fun as we can."
 
"Sure," he smiled to me.
 
Once we arrived at the amusement park, we played the most favorite attractions there. Time went by pretty fast when we're enjoying our times.
 
"It's almost 7 PM now," he looked at his wristwatch. "I can't believe 3 hours have passed."
 
I giggled, "Anywhere you want to visit again?"
 
He tilted his head, thinking deep until he muttered, "Dark House."
 
"Dark House?" I frowned. "What kind of attraction is that?"
 
"I heard a staff told me that Dark House is pretty much good," he offered his hand to me. "Why don't we check it out?"
 
I took his hand and we walked to the Dark House.
 
I had a really bad feeling once I looked at the outer appearance. It's creepy, spooky, and definitely something like a mystery house.
 
But I thought it's true that this attraction was popular; the queue was really long.
 
Gikwang kept holding on my hand while the line started to decrease. I could hear screams from inside and there were even some girls cried after they got out from the attraction.
 
I wondered if I could handle it.
 
I wasn't scared of things like ghosts but I did avoid those kind of mystery stuff. I just didn't like it too much.
 
"Our turn," Gikwang said to me and we stepped inside the Dark House, still with our hands tied together.
 
Even the door was scary enough. I could see dragons, gargoyles, and all kinds of scary statues.
 
"I'm here," Gikwang embraced my hand tighter. "Come on."
 
I could feel my heart almost stopped beating once in a while because of the pranks made for the attraction. There were many creatures, obviously machines, popped out from everywhere when it's really dark inside.
 
Gikwang never let go of my hand. Sometimes he jumped because of the suprises as well, but he only laughed awkwardly and trying to comfort me with making some jokes.
 
Finally I could see the end of the tunnel; there was a light behind the curtain.
 
I was stepping first to get out from the attraction but then another machine with bats form appeared from nowhere with annoying sound, making me jumped and turned around.
 
Since my hand was still in Gikwang's, I bumped to his chest automatically. I clutched his shirt and he hugged me, trying to calm me down.
 
"Now what did I say about waiting for me?" he laughed and patted my head. "I'm here, don't worry, Yunhee ah."
 
I looked up to see his face and he looked down to see my face as well, making our faces were only an inch away.
 
For the first time in my life, I felt my heart was beating faster. What was this feeling?
 
We freezed like that for seconds before we heard sounds from behind; other visitors were already catched us.
 
Since we shouldn't stay like that longer, I walked out from the attraction, still leaving my hand held by him.
 
That was the last attraction we went to that day.
 
And somehow I didn't want to let go of his hand.
 
I convinced myself that it's because of his warm and caring personality.
 
That's all.
 
 
~ Yunhee's POV ~
 
"Thank you for accompanying me tonight," Joon bows to me.
 
We are standing at the exit gate of the amusement park. He bought me a cup of hot chocolate before we leave the amusement park.
 
"And I'm sorry I can't help you with the present," I smile. "Maybe I can help you figure it out later."
 
"Ah, about that," he rubs his head nervously, "what kind of present do you think a girl will like? She has everything. I don't know what kind of perfect present for her."
 
I tilt my head, "She has everything, eh? Then maybe you can try to give her something made by yourself."
 
His face is brighter now, "Really?"
 
"Yes, I'm sure she will like it," I assure him.
 
"I see," he nods slowly. "Well, let me take you home now."
 
"Ah," I just remember about the time. It's almost 9 PM now. I check my phone and there are two missed calls plus three new text messages.
 
All from Gikwang.
 
I read the text messages and then look at Joon, "I will wait for Gikwang Oppa here. He said he's on his way here since he's done with the radio interview."
 
Suddenly, I don't know why though, Joon's smile fades away.