Flavor 11: Obstacle

Ice ♥ Cream
~ Gikwang's POV ~
 
"Where are you going, Yunhee ah?" I ask her when she is going to leave the cafetaria.
 
"Joon Oppa just texted me to meet him at the library. He said he want to make some changes in the lyrics," Yunhee answers.
 
I frown at her words.
 
Joon is only making a lame excuse. Is he trying to get every chance he can? He is taking an advantage with Yunhee as the lyricist for his group.
 
"I'm going with you," I stand up but Doojoon stops me by grabbing my hand.
 
"No," he looks straight at me. "We have meeting in thirty minutes."
 
"I'll be fine, Gikwang Oppa," Yunhee steps closer to me. "Don't worry."
 
Tell me how to stay calm when a rival is obviously making a move on someone you love.
 
"Come here," I tell her, releasing my hand from Doojoon's grip.
 
Yunhee follows my instruction and I lean closer to her, land a kiss on her forehead softly, "Call me when you're done."
 
I can hear the members gasp because of what I did. I ignore them and pat Yunhee's head, "Promise?"
 
Yunhee nods with her usual sweet smile, "Sure."
 
She bids goodbye to all of us and leaves Cube Entertainment building.
 
"You sure have a courage to do that in public!" Junhyung looks at me with shocked expression.
 
"Don't tell me you two are already...?" Yoseob frowns.
 
"No, we're not in a relationship...," I sit again, "...yet."
 
"What make you act so different now?" Hyunseung tilts his head. "You're supposed to be the conservative guy around Yunhee."
 
"Joon," I answer simply. "Yesterday I met him with Yunhee. He is totally have a crush on Yunhee."
 
"Now that's a hot news," Junhyung whistles. "Gikwang BEAST versus Joon MBLAQ."
 
I laugh at the joke but Doojoon cuts in the laughter, "Don't make this a joke for public. You know they can write every single joke into a truth. You better be careful with your move."
 
"I know," I nod slowly.
 
Doojoon is right. Anything is possible to happen.
 
Aigoo... how can I prevent Joon from making a move for Yunhee? To be honest, I just need Yunhee to realize her feeling for me. With that, I don't even need to worry anymore since Yunhee is too insensitive when it comes to love.
 
Joon, you better be careful as well.
 
Or else.
 
 
~ Joon's POV ~
 
I hope Gikwang will not come here again with Yunhee. I want to be Yunhee alone, not with Gikwang as her accompany. I still haven't confessed to her properly!
 
But should I even confess to her?
 
Yesterday we departed awkwardly after telling her with a lie that I received a phone call from my manager so I canceled the discussion. I came up with the same alibi today and Yunhee agreed to meet me at the same place as yesterday, the library.
 
Thanks to Seungho, the only member who had Yunhee's number for communication, I can contact Yunhee via phone now. I just need to make a plan to win over Yunhee's heart now.
 
Which is totally difficult, considering Gikwang has more chances to be with her.
 
"Oppa?"
 
I turn around and see Yunhee in apricot colored blouse and white long skirt plus long knitted cardigan. She has a yellowish brown bag on her right shoulder.

Photobucket
 
"Sorry for waiting," she sits on the chair right next to me. "I was meeting BEAST for their lyrics just now."
 
My heart sinks immediately; so she was with Gikwang before now.
 
"So," she takes her note from her bag, "which one you want to change?"
 
I clear my throat and I know I can't step back now, "Your heart."
 
"Hmm?" she looks through her note. "I didn't write that title. Is that new?"
 
This girl needs a serious treatment for her insensitiveness. But why can I get angry at her? Aigoo...
 
"No," I hold her hand without a warning. "I mean you. You, Yunhee. Your heart."
 
"What's wrong with me?" she tilts her head.
 
I wonder if she is only acting innocently or she is actually way too innocent.
 
"Yunhee ah," I take a deep breath, "That day when I kissed you. I wanted to tell you that I'm in love with you. I fall in love with you."
 
She blinks.
 
This is not a kind of reaction I've predicted. This is the first time I see a girl reacts like this after a confession.
 
"To put it easier," I still hold her hand firmly, "I want you to be my girlfriend."
 
She tilts her head, "Aren't you my boy friend?"
 
My eyes are widened because of her words. She thinks of me as his boyfriend?!
 
"I will be happy to have more boy friends, Joon Oppa," she smiles sweetly. "You don't need to ask me about that."
 
A harsh reality hits me: she doesn't understand what I was saying.
 
"Yunhee ah," I start frustrating, "I mean I want you to be my lover. Not girl friend. Girlfriend, as if a lover. Got it?"
 
I won't kiss every girl friends I have. Why doesn't she get it?
 
"Ah," she finally understands. "I see."
 
Finally.
 
"I'm so sorry, Joon Oppa," she smiles sadly to me, "but I don't want to be in a relationship for now."
 
"Why don't you try first?" I embrace her hand. "You never had a boyfriend before, right?"
 
"I don't think so," she mutters. "You don't know me well enough, Oppa."
 
"That's why I will try to know you better," I try to convince her. "You can know me better too by times."
 
She pouts, "I don't know."
 
"Please?" I beg her, lifting her hand near to my lips.
 
She looks at me directly and sighs. I'm sure enough that she will agree with me.
 
But I'm wrong.
 
"You better focus with your works," she gives me a comforting smile, "You shouldn't be dating someone."
 
I freeze.
 
Somehow I understand why Gikwang is still not in a relationship with Yunhee.
 
This girl is too difficult to be approached.
 
"Well then," she pulls away her hand from mine, "shall we start the discussion about the lyrics?"
 
I'm speechless.
 
Gikwang is not not the only obstacle in my way. He maybe is the biggest rival for me.
 
But the most difficult obstacle for me is Yunhee herself.
 
It will be really difficult to win over her heart.
 
Aigoo...