Flavor 7: It's Only You

Ice ♥ Cream
~ Gikwang's POV ~
 
I hit the send button to send the text message to Yunhee. I know she's currently attending a meeting with MBLAQ now so I don't want to bother her with a phone call.
 
"Is Yunhee here?" Yoseob steps in the dance practice room.
 
"No," I reply without looking at him. The other members are in the shower room; we're just done with our dance practice. Looks like Yoseob is the first who done his shower after me.
 
"Now that is unusual," he sits next to me. "Where is she? I haven't seen her since morning."
 
"She had an midterm exam this morning," I answer. "She's at J.Tune Entertainment building now to meet MBLAQ."
 
"Ah, MBLAQ," he mutters. "I remember. You told us that you picked up her when she's with Joon, right?"
 
I don't reply. I still remember the day I met Joon two weeks ago. His eyes on Yunhee... does he fall for her?
 
"Hey, Gikwang," Yoseob tilts his head, "I still don't get it."
 
"What?" I look at him, wondering about what his question is.
 
"You and Yunhee," he says. "Didn't you tell me that you've confessed to her?"
 
"I did," I reply simply. I know where this conversation is going to.
 
"From how she treats you, I don't believe she rejected you," Yoseob rubs his head with confused expression. "I don't get it."
 
Yeah, I confessed to her two years ago, two days after her graduation from high school.
 
I even still remember what she wore that day. The gray long sleeves and a white short pants. I think she will never lose her fashionista side, thanks to her mother.

Photobucket
 
~ Gikwang's Flashback ~
 
She always worried about me, especially when it came about my ex-girlfriends. I didn't want her to worry anymore.
 
On the top of that, I was wondering if she ever been jealous about them. Deep inside, I was hoping that she would love me back.
 
It's not that I was playing with other girls' feeling. I did have feeling towards them, treating them as if they were my world, but I guessed it's just not enough.
 
Maybe that's why they broke up with me; I was just too boring for them. Yunhee never said the same to me. She always said that she enjoyed every single moment with me.
 
I gave up on her even before I confessed to her on my graduation day. She promised me that I would always be her one and only best friend. I was hoping that I would be more than a best friend.
 
Looking at her eyes that day, I knew that I didn't have any hope to be loved by her. She looked at me as her best friend, nothing more.
 
"You will find someone better than her," she tried to cheer me up after she brought the topic of my ex-girlfriend. "I'm sure you will."
 
Something crawled up inside of me; I pulled her into a hug, "I have her already."
 
I couldn't hold in anymore. Would she ever know about my feeling if I never told her? She's a really insensitive person when it came to love. I wanted her to know, to realize how I felt for her.
 
"I thought I can move on my feeling with having relationship with another girl," I told her my thought. "But I was wrong."
 
I released her from the hug and kissed her forehead gently with my racing heartbeat, "Having you is the best thing in my life."
 
"Stop being so sweet to me," she gave me a smile. "Save it for your lover someday."
 
I put my forehead on hers. Couldn't she see what I was trying to do here?
 
"The day I graduated, you told me that I'm your best friend. That day I decided that my feeling is only one-sided feeling. That's why I tried to move on. But I just can't do that."
 
A hesitation hitted me but I thought all over again and I knew that I must confessed my feeling to her. Now or never.
 
"You are the only one I ever love."
 
Right after I said that, I leaned closer to her and kissed her lips.
 
I didn't know whether she could hear my heartbeat or not because I couldn't control it anymore. I knew that it's her first kiss. A feeling of guilty did hit me when I did that, for stealing her first kiss when I didn't even know whether she loved me back or not.
 
I parted the kiss, looked at her in the eyes. I swore I could melt because of her eyes. Her lips felt cold yet really sweet. I couldn't describe it.
 
"Oppa...," she murmured with a really surprised expression all written on her face.
 
She didn't look angry or sad or else. It's just... shocked.
 
"Cho Yunhee," I encouraged myself. "I love you. I never love anyone else but you. I tried to move on because I know you won't return my feeling. But I can't. Because it's only you."
 
For the first time since I met her, this was the first time I saw her blushed cheeks. Her cheeks were flushed pink now.
 
It's not because of her shyness. I knew there were many boys who have confessed to her at high school. She was popular at high school because of her good grades and cute attitude.
 
"I...," she didn't look at me, instead she's staring at the floor. "I never think of you the way you look at me."
 
My heart was crushed by her words. I should have seen it coming, I know, but it did sure hurt enough when I heard it coming from her own mouth.
 
"I don't think I'm in the state to be someone's lover now," she continued. "I just think of working my best for college for now."
 
"I understand," I forced a fake smile. "Just pretend you never heard my confession."
 
She looked up to see me with guilty expression, the expression that made me want to hug her and told her that I would always be with her, no matter what would happen.
 
"Could we just be best friends?" she asked with doubt.
 
I felt that my heart skipped a beat, aching because of her question.

"Sure," I murmured vividly. "For now."
 
 
~ Gikwang's POV ~
 
She was serious. She doesn't treat me as something more than best friend, even after the kiss. Well, for days, she was blushing from time to time when we're together but then she managed to control herself.
 
And here we are now. In the line between friendship and love.
 
My feeling hasn't changed. Not even a little. I still love her.
 
Having her by my side, even when she only thinks of me as her best friend, I must be grateful for it. Partly because I am the only man who close enough to her and I'm sure she's not going to fall in love with another man. She never think of lover for the past few years.
 
Or at least I think so.
 
"Have you consider to confess again to her?" Yoseob asks another question. "I mean it's been two years since the last time you confessed to her, right?"
 
"She doesn't need confession," I smile weakly. "She just need to be assured that someone does lover her with all his heart. She's way too insensitive when it comes to love."
 
"You've showed her your care all the time!" Yoseob squeaks. "Even we can see through that since the day we saw both of you together."
 
I smile, "I guess all people around me know how much I love her till this moment, except herself."