Flavor 2: First Time

Ice ♥ Cream
~ Gikwang's POV ~
 
"Ne?" Yunhee answers my call. "I'm on way back there."
 
"I'll be waiting then," I smile. "You know where to find me."
 
I close the line and turn around to see the other members. They are sitting, leaning to the mirror in the dance practice room. I sit next to Dongwoon and they look up to see me.
 
"Yunhee?" Yoseob asks me.
 
I nod and then they start teasing me again.
 
"Gikwang and Yunhee," Junhyung grins. "Such a sweet couple."
 
"I told you we're not couple," I sigh. "She thinks of me as her best friend."
 
"But you don't think that way, right?" Doojoon strikes me.
 
"You know me well enough," I force a fake smile. "We're done with this conversation before."
 
"I just don't get it," Hyunseung frowns. "I mean you two will make a great couple. You care about her, she cares about you."
 
"You know her for two years now," I laugh. "I think you know now why it is really difficult for me to be her lover."
 
"She doesn't change since high school," Yoseob speaks out. He went to the same high school with me and Yunhee. "She was kind of popular back then."
 
I smile when I remember those moments. She was actually popular enough at our high school even though she never think so.

 
~ Gikwang's Flashback ~
 
I was late. Really late. I ran quickly pass the main gate to the hall. There would be an opening ceremony this morning and I was late. All students should be there to greet the new students.
 
I stopped my steps when I saw a girl was standing, leaning to the big old tree in the school yard, looking up to the beautiful morning sky. She was holding a paper and a pen. Since she wasn't wearing the school uniform yet, I assumed that she was a new student.
 
What should I do? Should I leave her? Should I approach her? I looked at my watch; I was already late for thirty minutes. Well, ten minutes more won't make any big changes.
 
"Excuse me," I walked closer to her.
 
She looked at me and gave me a really cute smile, "Morning."
 
"Why aren't you at the hall?" I tried to control myself not to blush; she's really cute with her long black and shiny hair.
 
She wore a blue shirt and a cardigan plus black jeans. She' s around 160 cms, I guess.

Photobucket
 
"Ah," she looked at her watch, "it's already this late?"
 
She put the paper and the pen in her backpack. She looked at me and tilted her head, giving me a smile, "Thank you."
 
"I'm going there too actually," I rubbed my head, trying to stay cool.
 
"Ah, are you a new student too?" she tilted her head the other way, unsure because I was wearing an uniform.
 
"I'm second year," I smiled. "But don't be all formal with me."
 
She smiled and reached out her hand to greet me. "My name is Cho Yunhee."
 
I shaked her hand, "I'm Lee Gikwang. Nice to meet you."
 
"Gikwang Oppa," she said out my name, making me blushed. Did she always act like this to everyone?
 
We walked to the hall together. She had a smile along our way there. I looked at her and smiled when I noticed she has a really innocent expression on her face.
 
She noticed my eyes on her and tilted her head, "Is there something on my face?"
 
She stopped and touched her own face with her fingers, checking if there was something on her face. She puffed her cheeks and cupped her face with her hands.
 
Aigoo... she's really cute!
 
I laughed because of her cuteness.
 
"Sorry," I tried to hold my laugh by covering my mouth with my hand. "There's nothing on your face. Really."
 
"That's good then," she smiled at me and continued her steps to the hall.
 
I followed her behind until we arrived at the hall. I bid her goodbye and sneaked in my class line. Lucky me, the teacher didn't notice my late appearance.
 
The day passed quickly. The second year students only needed to attend a class to know who their class teacher was. We needed to introduce ourselves to our new classmates before we're allowed to go home.
 
I decided to wait for Yunhee in front of the main gate. I didn't know why though but something about her was really attracting me.
 
The school was starting to be empty. One by one new students had left the school. They should be; it's already past noon. They didn't have too much schedule for the first day.
 
Where's Yunhee?
 
I leaned back to the gate, looking up to the sky. It's kind of hot today.
 
"Gikwang Oppa?" a voice called my name.
 
I turned around and surprised when I saw Yunhee was standing in front of me. Her hair was messy, her clothes were dirty, and her left arm was bleeding.
 
"W-what happened to you?!" I walked closer to her. I tried to take away the leaves from her hair.
 
"Nothing," she still managed to give me the cute smile, as if nothing happened.
 
"Don't lie," I knew I sounded really worried but I did really worried about her. I checked her arm; it's bleeding because of something sharp.
 
"It's not hurt," she told me cheerfully. "I'll take care of it when I'm home."
 
I just realized the her right knee was bleeding too. I thought she tripped over something.
 
"It must be hurt," I frowned, looking at her wound.
 
"I'm fine," she tried to convince me by jumping up and down a little.
 
She stumbled after a few tries. I caught her and she just laughed because of her carelessness.
 
No way I would let her go home like this.
 
"Sorry," I muttered and then I carried her on my arms. "Hold on. We're going to the school clinic."
 
"You don't need to," she said but I ignored her.
 
I walked to the school clinic carefully. I put her on the bed after I asked the teacher who worked for school clinic to take care of her. The teacher asked both of us about what happened but Yunhee said that she just tripped over because of she didn't look at her steps.
 
"There you go," the teacher was done with her wound.
 
"Thank you," Yunhee bowed as her gratitude. She stood up and gave me a smile, telling me that she wanted to go home.
 
"What happened?" I asked her while we're walking outside. "Don't tell me you just tripped over. I don't believe it."
 
"It's just some girls. They are seniors who wanted to know me better," she answered me after seconds passed. "They told me to be humble as a new student."
 
My eyes were widened when I heard her answer. What were those girls thinking?
 
"Why did they do that?" I frowned.
 
"Because they thought I was too arrogant when some seniors from basketball club approached me when I was on my way to leave the school. I think one of the girls has a crush on the basketball club member," Yunhee explained with a smile on her face as if she's already get used to it. "They asked me to follow them to the backyard. There are many stones there. I guess that's what caused me to bleed."
 
She stopped her steps when we reached the main gate, "Well, thank you, Gikwang Oppa."
 
I stood there, not moving. I looked at her; her white cardigan was all dirty because of the soil. How could those girls be so mean to her?

She tilted her head and looked at me with puzzled expression.
 
"I walk you home," I said. "Come on."
 
"Eh?" she asked. "Why?"
 
"Because I want to," I smiled. "Besides we can know each other better if I walk you home. Is that fine with you?"
 
She paused for a second but then she nodded happily, "Sure."
 
That was the first day I walked her home. Her home was not far away from mine so I told her that I would picked her up in the morning and waited for her after the school. She asked me the reason and I told her that I just wanted to know her better.
 
"You're really sweet," she smiled.
 
My heart skipped a beat when I saw her smile.
 
We exchanged phone numbers before she bowed to me and then bid me goodbye. I watched her until she entered her house before I finally walked back to my own house.
 
That was the start of my friendship with Yunhee.
 
 
~ Gikwang's POV ~
 
"Earth to Gikwang," I feel Dongwoon's hand is waving in front of my face and I snap back to reality.
 
"Sorry," I mutter. "Well, I'm doing my best now."
 
Before we could continue the conversation, Yunhee enters the dance practice room after she knocked at the door.
 
"Good day, everyone," Yunhee greets us.
 
There she is with her cute smile.
 
I can't help myself to smile when I see her.