Flavor 6: Chance

Ice ♥ Cream
~ Yunhee's POV ~
 
Two weeks have passed since the day I went to J.Tune Entertainment building. I've met MBLAQ members twice in the last two weeks to discuss about their requests for the lyrics.
 
The problem is I lost my inspiration somewhere. I haven't written any new lyrics lately. It's kind of frustrating me.
 
I've tried to pay a visit to a library, watch movies, listening to music, but I still can't write great lyrics that fit to MBLAQ's requests.
 
What should I do now?
 
"Yunhee-sshi," Joon calls me slowly. He is wearing a white shirt, drenched by his sweat. Looks like he's just done with the dance practice.
 
I am waiting for MBLAQ for another meeting, hoping I will get some inspiration after the meeting, at one of the meeting rooms in J.Tune Entertainment building.
 
"Annyeong, Joon Oppa," I smile to him and he starts to blush again. He is a really shy person, isn't he?
 
"They are still practicing," he mutters. "Seungho told me to accompany you here."
 
"I'm fine," I chuckle. "You can continue your dance practice."
 
"It won't take long for them," he says. "I think we can start the discussion first."
 
"If you say so," I shrug and grab my notes from my bag. "About your request first then..."
 
"Ne," he suddenly cuts in, "can I ask you something?"
 
"Hmm?" I tilt my head, waiting for his question.
 
"Are you and Gikwang...," he stops for seconds. "Are you in a relationship with Gikwang?"
 
I hold my laughter and change it into a smile, "Do you see it that way?"
 
"Yes!" he responds quickly.
 
"Eh?" I am confused now. "What made you say so?"
 
He rubs his head nervously, "It just... I feel so."
 
"He is my best friend," I smile. "I thought I've told you before."
 
"Really?" somehow he has brighter smile. "Just friends?"
 
"Just friends," I giggle. "I'm the one who listened to his story about his past girlfriends, you know."
 
Joon sighs in relief, murmuring vividly, "I still have a chance then."
 
"A chance?" I repeat his words. "What chance?"
 
He stands up quickly from his seat, covering his mouth with his hand as if he just said something he shouldn't say.
 
"N-n-nothing," he stammers. "I-I'm babbling!"
 
 
~ Joon's POV ~
 
I can feel butterflies on my stomach when she said that she's only friends with Gikwang. The feeling of uneasy called jealousy have been aroused within my mind since the day I saw Gikwang holding hand with Yunhee.
 
I find it is a little bit ridiculous. I just met Yunhee two weeks ago and I fell for her immediately. Thanks to her cuteness and lovable attitude.
 
I always wait for the day when I can meet her, even if it's just for works. I've tried to hold myself from asking her about her relationship with Gikwang but I couldn't hold on anymore.
 
Each time I look at her eyes, I feel like I fall for her deeper and deeper. Each time the scene of Gikwang held her hand comes up in my mind, I can feel that my heart is aching.
 
I can feel my heart is melting whenever I see her smile.
 
I'm such a fool for speaking out loud my thought. I am thinking about my chance to be with Yunhee, as someone she will love. Can I?
 
"Are you alright?" Yunhee stands up, trying to check my condition.
 
Not again.
 
She steps closer, reaching out her hand to touch my forehead so she can check my temperature. I step backwards until I am stopped by the cold wall; I hit my head to the wall.
 
"Aigoo," she rushes to my side and pats my head gently, "Don't hurt yourself."
 
I can feel that my heart is beating uncontrollably now. She is standing right in front of me. Standing really close to me. She looks incredibly beautiful with her pink blouse and black casual pants.

Photobucket
 
I force myself to look at her beautiful and cute face yet I can't hide my burning face. Her face is only inches away from mine.
 
It's too fast. It's too sudden. It doesn't make sense.
 
I know. But I can't stop myself.
 
I lean closer to her until my lips touch hers.
 
 
~ Yunhee's POV ~
 
I think Joon is really tired. He is so careless that he could slam his own head to the wall. I pat his head gently, hoping it will lessen his pain.
 
I was going to ask his condition when I feel his lips on mine.
 
He is closing his eyes. He kisses me gently yet I don't kiss him back, partly because I'm too surprised by his action.
 
He parts from my lips and looks at me with flushed pink cheeks. He then murmurs slowly, "A chance to be loved by you."
 
I don't respond with a word, instead I have my eyes widens upon his words.
 
"If Gikwang is only your best friend, I have a chance to be loved by you," he continues. "I have a chance to be your lover."
 
I know my reaction is too plain. I don't even blush. My heart doesn't even beat faster. Well, it beats faster, but not in the way you can feel butterflies in your stomach, or so people said.
 
A sudden memory strikes me. It's not my first kiss.
 
 
~ Yunhee's Flashback ~
 
"Thank you for your help, Oppa," I smiled to Gikwang. He was helping me with my stuff since I just moved to the new apartment.
 
My family left to USA this morning, two days after my graduation. My father let me live by myself so I could continue my college life at Seoul.
 
He patted my head gently, "No sweat, Yunhee ah. Your place is closer to our apartment now. I can pay some visits often, can't I?"
 
I nod, "I will be really happy to have you as my visitor!"
 
"Ah, come to think of it," Gikwang took out his phone from his pocket. "We will have our debut soon and our manager told me about us and lyricist for our songs."
 
"Ne?" I tilted my head as usual, waiting for the continuation.
 
"This is our manager's number," he gave me his phone so I could write down the number. "I thought you want to try to be a lyricist as your part-time job."
 
"Can I?" I couldn't hide my happiness. I'm always love to write lyrics since I listened to all kind of music since I was a kid. Gikwang knew this.
 
"All the way for you," he smiled. He took back his phone after I saved the number in my phone.
 
After around fifteen minutes, we're done with unpacking all my stuff. I only needed to set up my pile of clothes in the other room. I told Gikwang that I would do it by myself soon.
 
"You know," Gikwang muttered when we're sitting side by side on the main room of my apartment, "you can call me whenever you're feeling lonely."
 
"Thank you," I smiled and then remembered something. "How are you and...?"
 
I was curious about his relationship with his last ex-girlfriend. He always told me about girls around him. He just broke up with his last girlfriend.
 
He told me that she started to lock her phone one day and didn't pick up whenever she was getting a call. When Gikwang finally went over to her house, he found she was with another guy. Therefore he stopped contacting her.
 
"Enough with the past," he caressed my cheek gently. "I think we're just not meant to be."
 
"Oppa...," I couldn't help myself to put a sad expression. I could feel that he was actually hurting inside.
 
"Stop that face," he pinched my cheeks playfully. "You're too cute with that face."
 
"You will find someone better than her," I tried to cheer him up. "I'm sure you will."
 
He pulled me into a hug, "I have her already."
 
For the first time in my life, I felt my heart skipped a beat because of his words.
 
"I thought I can move on my feeling with having relationship with another girl," Gikwang mumbled. "But I was wrong."
 
What did he mean?
 
He let go of me and kissed my forehead, "Having you is the best thing in my life."
 
"Stop being so sweet to me," I managed to make an awkward smile. "Save it for your lover someday."
 
He put his forehead on mine, muttering slowly, "The day I graduated, you told me that I'm your best friend. That day I decided that my feeling is only one-sided feeling. That's why I tried to move on. But I just can't do that."
 
He closed his eyes, "You are the only one I ever love."
 
I stayed still and the next thing I knew, his lips were already locked with mine.
 
That was my first kiss.