NY Day 3

What Was Thought to Never Be

When I woke up Seung Hyun was gone. I didn’t know how I felt about it. It’s not that I liked TOP, but when I woke up I felt abandoned.  There was no note, no text message. But it didn’t matter, because it wasn’t like TOP had feelings for me or vice versa. Although, the fact that I knew I wasn’t sick the night before and my head wasn’t hot gave rise to my suspicions regarding the cuddle session.

While I was sitting in bed perplexed, my manager walked in and told me how good the “Book of Mormon” was. I whined, “I wanted to see that show.”

Manager stated, “You should ask TOP, he gave us the tickets.”

“Really?”

“Ugh, yeah. Anyways, TOP and his manager are waiting for us downstairs. We’re supposed to be going on one of those sightseeing buses and to the Met.”

 I got dressed frightfully fast to meet TOP and to figure out what was really going on. However, when I saw him in the lobby there was only a faint smile. He asked me if I was ready to go. I replied that I was and then we were all on our way.

I was having a great time seeing all of the sights like Times Square, the World Trade Center, and the New York Public Library. After we finally finished with the sightseeing tour, we were headed to the museum. We jumped in a car that took us to the Frick Collection. I said, “I thought we were going to the Met.”

TOP smiled and said, “There is something I want you to see.”

TOP led me through the museum and to “The Girl with a Pearl Earring.”

“Oh my gosh this is amazing. Thanks for bringing me here. It’s beautiful.”

“It reminds me of you”

 “Hmm”

“I mean it is simple, yet cleverly sophisticated.”

“Hmm”

“All you can say is hmm?”

I was speechless. I zoned out, because I couldn’t capture the meaning of the moment. I mean how was I supposed to respond to that. Unfortunately while I was slowly coming back to life and searching for a witty response, our managers had caught back up to us. So there was no more time to extract any more information from TOP, whether the answers to my inquiries were accolades or just more curious pronouncements.

I tried to concentrate on the rest of the art in the museum, but couldn’t because I was attempting to decipher TOP’s secret message. All the while, I felt like TOP was secretly laughing at me, because he knew I was trying to determine whether he liked me more than as a friend.

After our extended tour of the museum, we were close to missing our flight. In the rush to make it back on time, I forgot about the words TOP spoke to me. The moment completely escaped me.  On the flight back we weren’t sitting next to each other and then we quickly parted ways at Incheon Airport. I guess I’ll never know what he meant.

Sitting here in my room, I feel as if I’m even more lost. What to do? What to do? That’s right make a list.

Does TOP Like Me?

  • He took me out for dinner? Yes, but he likes Italian.
  • He watched a movie about architecture with me? Yes, but he likes architecture.
  • He acted as though I was sick in order to lie next to me? Yes, but he has always been touchy feely and didn’t try anything.
  • He took me to a museum? Yes, but he likes art.
  • He said I was simple, yet cleverly sophisticated? Yes, but he said I was simple and it’s as if the sophistication was a surprise discovery to him. I mean it’s easy to see that I’m a worldly girl, right? Come to think of it that was such a backhanded compliment.
  • Conclusion: OMG TOP’s gay.

What a relief. Although, I still have to confirm with Bom. Aww, I always wanted a gay BFF!


Bom didn’t answer her phone. So, Eun Hye decided to send her a text instead:

Eun Hye: Hey Bommie! I tried to call you, but I know you are in Japan, so I figured you must be busy. Still, I have something to ask you.

            Bom: Hey! What’s up?

            Eun Hye: I don’t know how to say this

            Bom: Just say it Eun Hye

            Eun Hye: Is TOP gay? Because, I’ve always wanted a gay BFF

            Bom: LOL, you’re hilarious Eunnie! Go ahead and make TOP your gay BFF.

Eun Hye: Yes, I’m so excited! I didn’t want to ask him directly and make him feel uncomfortable. He probably doesn’t have a lot of people he can talk to about his feelings. Don’t worry. I won’t let him know that I know. I’ll just try to be a good friend and I’m sure he will tell me when he feels comfortable.

Bom: LOL, I’m sure he will reveal himself when he is ready.


After Eun Hye cleared up the matter of TOP’s uality. She then realized that she didn’t know if TOP would actually be a good gay BFF for her. Eun Hye once again opened her diary.

Qualities in A Gay BFF and Does TOP Meet Them?

  • He likes to do the same things I do? Yes, we both like art, music, and acting.
  • He will give me sound fashion advice? Yes, he dresses really well.
  • He will tell me the truth? Yes, he had the audacity to confront me about how he didn’t like "Missing You” as much as “Coffee Prince.”
  • When I feel tired or exhausted, he will cuddle me? Yes, even considering the fact that he leaves me in the morning.
  • He makes me laugh? Yes, BINGO Top cannot be missed.
  • Conclusion: TOP is qualified to be my gay BFF!

Eun Hye’s phone vibrates. Text from Bom:

Bom: I didn’t know if Ban Seok got a chance to tell you yet, but we are having a surprise birthday party for Minzy’s in a couple weeks. You have to come.

             Eun Hye: Of course ;).

Text from Eun Hye to TOP:

            Eun Hye: Are you going to Minzy’s B-day party?

            TOP: Yeah. Are you?

            Eun Hye: Of course. I’m so excited. I’ve already narrowed down what I’m going to wear.

            TOP: What are you deciding between?

Eun Hye: It’s between a black collared mini-dress or leather pants with a silk semi-transparent blouse. What do you think?

TOP: Are you going to send me pictures?

Eun Hye: No, I’m too lazy right now.

TOP: Leather pants with the see-through silk blouse please.

Eun Hye: Yeah you’re right, that’s more sophisticated.

TOP: Sure

Eun Hye: Thanks for your help

TOP: Anytime

Eun Hye: Can’t wait to see you

TOP: Me too