Concert

What Was Thought to Never Be

Knock Knock

Ban Seok yelled, "Noona are you ready?"

Eun Hye went to the door of her apartment and yelled though her door, "No. Do you know how much time it takes to look effortless and look like you don't care?" 

Eun Hye then walked to the back of her apartment to peruse her closet again. Eun Hye started talking to herself, "Sometimes, it is really hard to get dressed when no one is telling you what to wear." 

Knock Knock

Ban Seok yelled, “Noona, I knocked on your door because I wanted to be let in."

Eun Hye responded by yelling, "I haven't opened the door, because I am not ready to let you in."

Ban Seok stated, "You don't love your little brother?"

Eun Hye replied, "Of course I love you. It's just that I am trying to get dressed and you are of no help in that department. All you want to do is talk and I don’t want to be late. Give me 15 minutes"

Then, Eun Hye artfully picked out what could only be described as a Boho chic outfit. Something that she thought was understated, casual, and old enough for her not to be confused with someone trying to attract a young cool guy, but someone serious. The night before, Eun Hye dreamt and decided that she wanted someone who was not an entertainer, but a businessman.  

Eun Hye finally made her way back to the door to address her brother’s presence.

“Hey, Ban Seok”

Ban Seok, then started his one sided conversation, “Noona! What have you been up to? Thanks for inviting me to the concert. I am so excited for the after party. My friends from high school G-Dragon and T.O.P. will be there. Your friends are going to the after party too. I mean se7en, Han Byul, Tablo, and 2ne1. Didn’t you say that In Young was going to meet us at the concert? I still think In Young is terrifying…”

Eun Hye interrupts, “Seo In Young is one of my best friends and has been by my side through the good times and the bad. I know sometimes she can seem ostentatious, but in reality she is forthright, which is really hard to find in the entertainment world. Ugh, let’s just go”


 

In Young screeches, “Eun Hye!” Next, In Young stands back and looks at Eun Hye’s outfit and snarls, “What is up with this outfit?”

Eun Hye shrugs and states humbly, “I think this is my trying to find a mature datable male specimen outfit.”

“Don’t you know this is a Psy concert, i.e. a YG concert, you have to look street chic, not boho chic?”

“It’s too late. I am already here.”

“How are you going to meet any cool guys that are not hipsters? You know Seoul doesn’t really have a large hipster population.”

“In Young-ah! I am looking for a mature guy. I mean… when guys get past 30, they care less about fashion.”

“You mean they care less about their own fashion. They still care about the way their woman dresses… Anyways you know BigBang is going to be there.”

“I admit I love BigBang and they have been my favorite boy group for a while. However, offstage they are my dongsaengs and my fan girl heart palpitations stop. Don’t forget those are my brother’s friends and more importantly, I am looking for a mature guy that is not an entertainer. You know my issues with antis.”

Ban Seok breaks in, “So which member of BigBang do you like the most on stage?”

Eun Hye goes into ceiling eyes mode and answers, “G-Dragon of course. So much charisma on stage, he sings, he dances, he raps, he’s fashionable, and he’s a composer.”

In Young smiles, “So it’s G-Dragon then.”

Eun Hye grins, “Who doesn’t like G-Dragon?”

In Young grins back, “We are going to the after party right?”

Eun Hye replies, “Of course, I want to dance and meet a mature dateable male specimen.”

In Young smirks, “Stop saying mature dateable male specimen. It’s repetitive and makes you sound neurotic, which… you kind of are. Shh, you can’t let people know.”

 


 

Eun Hye, In Young, and Ban Seok all reach their seats just before the show starts.

Ban Seok thinks, “Great. I thought I was going to be able to enjoy myself. Now, I am going to spend the whole night trying to keep In Young from putting Eun Hye and G-dragon together.”

In Young thinks, “This is going to be so much fun. Eun Hye just needs to date someone to get her back in the game. G-dragon is great. Eh, actually, I think G-dragon is too much for Eun Hye. Eun Hye would be more compatible with someone like Taeyang.”

Eun Hye thinks, “This concert is amazing. I hope G-dragon or Taeyang make a special appearance on stage.” A few minutes later, “Did I take this outfit too far? No, I am an actress I should be able to attract a guy who is over 30 and not an entertainer, but still caring, kind, loyal, and gentle… That’s right I’m f’ing Yoon Eun Hye. Wait what does that mean? Stop being conceited Eunnie. Whatever, I’m thinking too much again. This concert is amazing! I love Psy!”