Cool

What Was Thought to Never Be

top-choi-seung-hyun

 

 

So I was sitting in the corner on the couch enjoying the music, while all of you were dancing. Eun Hye must have thought that I was looking downtrodden and lonely, because she came over and sat down next to me.  

 

Eun Hye said, "Seung Hyun are you alright?" 

 

I said, "I'm, fine, just sitting and enjoying the music." 

 

"Seung Hyun, sometimes you are just too cool. You don't have to keep that image up all the time." 

 

"What image?" 

 

"The cool guy image. Especially around your friends, since they already love you and will accept you for who you are." 

 

I smiled and said, "I know. It's just that I do a lot of self-contemplation to the point that I get nervous and think that I am not perfect. I want to be perfect. If I reveal too much of myself, I will not live up to people's expectations." 

 

"Even your friends?" 

 

"Even my friends." 

 

"Well Seung Hyun, you know that if you ever need anyone to talk to you can talk to me. I will like you no matter what" 

 

"No matter what?" 

 

"No matter what, even though sometimes you are stubborn, blunt, and argumentative. At the end of the day, I know that you have a good heart and are a good guy." 

 

"Thanks for saying that Eun Hye." 

 

"Whatever Seung Hyun, everyone knows how thoughtful and caring you are, even with that cool guy persona. So, are you going to come dance now?" 

 

"Yeah." 

 

After talking with Eun Hye, I decided to stop thinking about all my worries and just to have fun. I got up from the couch and headed over to my computer to change the song to DOOM DADA. I had started going in to BINGU TOP mode, when after about 30 seconds into the song I heard someone reciting the lyrics through the speaker system. I turned around and there was Eun Hye standing on a couch with a microphone rapping to the best of her abilities. I stopped dancing and just waited and watched while she finished her performance.  

 

Daesung said, "Hyung, I can't believe I missed that." 

 

Top replied, "Me neither. Where were you?" 

 

"I can't really say." 

 

"We will talk about this later." 

 

Daesung sighed, "Yes, Hyung." 

 

After she finished the song, I walked up to her and said, "I thought you didn't like DOOM DADA." 

 

Eun Hye said, "I never said I didn't like it. I just don't like it as much as I like Turn It Up. However, I knew if I did DOOM DADA it would make you happy." 

 

I took the microphone from her and then went over to the computer and changed the playlist, so the next song would be "Turn It Up." When the song came on I stood up on the couch, messing up my furniture, and did a full performance of "Turn It Up." It was worth it because, Eun Hye rushed the couch like a fangirl rushing the stage of a concert. She was my audience staring at me in awe, midway through the song Seungri gave her a BB lightstick. So then she started waving the lightstick from side to side.  

 

When I saw that Eun Hye was consumed by my performance, I couldn't stop smiling. After I was finished, I pulled her on to the fictional stage and she and I started dancing together. At first it was just us dancing and being stupid, but as the night wore on it became more intimate; we started dancing closer together and everyone else had left without saying a word. I think Eun Hye was pleasantly surprised with my dancing abilities, because out of no where she said "TOP you're a good dancer." 

 

I responded, "I know and so are you." 

 

Eun Hye said, "I know." 

 

"You're also a very beautiful woman" 

 

"You're also very handsome." 

 

"Thanks. I am glad that you find me attractive." 

 

"Too bad I can't have you." 

 

"You can have me." 

 

"Are you saying that you will hold me until I fall asleep." 

 

"Yes, if that's what you want." 

 

Eun Hye looked up at me and said, while staring me directly in the eyes, "That's what I want." 

 

Then I helped Eun Hye get down from the couch and led her to my bedroom. I found her some clothes to change in. She went into the bathroom this time to change. I was already changed and laying in bed. When she came out in my t-shirt and shorts. She looked a little startled, but I patted the bed to tell her to come next to me. She followed my nonverbal instructions and then I pulled her into my arms. She closed her eyes and then I kissed her on the forehead and whispered, "Goodnight."  

 

 

Daesung whined, "Well that was uneventful." 

 

TOP responded, "That's all that happened." 

 

"Hyung you are not telling me everything." 

 

"Well neither are you." 

 

"If I tell you what happened last night. Will you tell me everything?" 

 

 Ding Dong 

 

"Dae I have to go. I forgot my Mom was coming over to cook me brunch." 

 

"What are you going to do?" 

 

"I don't know, but I am going to have to think of something quick." 

 

"Don't worry your Mom likes Eun Hye." 

 

"Right."