Thoughts

What Was Thought to Never Be

Eun Hye wrote in her journal,

I've always wanted to get married at a young age. While I was in my early 20s, I thought every relationship could lead to marriage. But that is not the case, sometimes love is not enough to keep two people together. Especially in this business with so many schedules, scandals, and attitudes. 

Needless to say, I ended up in a position that I couldn't have dreamed of; I am 30 and still single. By the way I think I am going to switch to the international age system for this year and say that I am 29. Scratch that, I am 30 and have no regrets...other than the fact that I am not married. Scratch that, I have no regrets other than the fact that I have not been in a serious relationship in a long time and I have no prospects.

Let's make a list (by us I mean to me and whomever is reading this, but if you are reading my journal then don't confront me about it. Take it to your grave or else I will bury you. So, really us just means God, the silent, and I. I am trying to stop my tangents).  

Being 25+

  1. All the good ones are married.
  2. All the immature ones are mature, but you can't date them again.
  3. All the rest are zooming in on the YOUNGER hot ones.
  4. You may still be hot, but there is now a decade of people younger than you that are also hot, legal, and again YOUNGER.
  5. People tell you that they want a career just like yours, but you are like, "Wait, I am just getting started!"
  6. The opposite, people tell you some other person is better than you or you are limited, because they are too young to remember your accomplishments. I'm like, "I was in Baby V.O.X. and we were kind of a big deal."
  7. You can get drunk, but you cannot look drunk.
  8. You're like, yeah I should be married by now, but the thought of actually producing a child is still something of bewilderment.
  9. You may still be shy, but you don't put up with crap.
  10. You don't sneak out, because you like being at home.

Is this me coming to the conclusion that I need to open up my dating pool. Problems. I have to pick someone who likes my crooked teeth and to be truthful that is somewhat limiting. I love my teeth, they are part of my charm, and they make me more accepting of other people's physical faults. Ugh tangents. Needless to say, let me make a list of bottom line requirements for a my future boyfriend.

Dateable Male Specimen  

  1. Not too handsome, because extremely handsome men are distracting and make you too self-conscious. If I have to think about his perfection, I worry about my imperfection.
  2. Can dance. I like to dance.
  3. Not quiet. I'm shy, so I don't like to talk too much. Don't want to be on an awkward silent date. Scenario
    1. Me: Hey 
    2. Him: Hey
    3. Me: Nice to Meet You
    4. Him: Yeah
    5. Me: It's pretty here
    6. Him: Head Nod
    7. Me: What great weather we are having
    8. Him: Silence
    9. Me: I think I am going to go...
  4. Can sing. I like to sing, so maybe we can do  duets.
  5. Older. I like men that can lead.

Where am I going to meet this dateable male specimen. Church?--> mostly married. Agency?--> small agency. A Party?--> too young of a crowd. I mean I am not trying to date a member of EXO. Wait, what am I talking about, I still love parties. Ugh, but I will still have to love EXO from a safe distance.

Looking at my calendar...I'm going to the Psy concert. Ah, then maybe I will go to the after party. I wanna dance dance dance da-dance!