NY Day 1

What Was Thought to Never Be

 

Eun Hye, jetlagged slowly makes her way back to her bed and opens up her nightstand drawer. Eun hye puts her pen down to paper and recounts her wonderful trip to NY.

My manager and I boarded the plane. I was just getting comfortable in my seat, which was really more like a pod, when TOP and his manager appeared sitting right across the aisle from us. Luckily, I did not have to say anything more than a quick hello, because I was in a window seat. However, my manager, TOP, and Top’s manager got into a very deep conversation about furniture!!! Whereas, I was happy to be looking out the window over the sea, listening to music, and reading a vogue magazine. It felt like bliss.

Events changed quickly when TOP said he was tired and asked if he could switch seats with my manager, so that the managers could continue their conversation. Top turned towards me, smiled, put on his earphones, and then promptly fell asleep. The only problem was that I started to notice that I was watching him sleep. It was so creepy, I was that creepy person who watches a guy fall asleep. He looked so peaceful that I couldn’t help looking. There was no way that this was the same guy threatening to kick me out of his car. This was a puppy that I wanted to cuddle… That may have been too much, but whatever it was, it got me to the point where I swear my eyes were boring into his skin. I thought he could feel it due to all of his movement in his sleep. Every time he moved, I had to quickly look away and the managers started to think something was wrong with me.

Thank God I found my sketchbook to distract me, but about an hour a half in to that I thought about drawing sleeping TOP. That’s when things became really difficult. From then on it was clear that I was staring at TOP while he was asleep. What was I to do? It was all so alluring; there was a pen, a pad, and a beautiful man. Yup, after drawing him, I admit that he is beautiful. You will never get me to speak these words out loud though. As alluring as it was, in the end, I got tired and put my pad down and fell asleep.

I must have been asleep for a very long time, because when I woke up my manager was nudging me. TOP and his manager had already gotten off the plane. I picked up my sketchbook and there was a post it note on it that said, “I like it a lot. Let me know when you want to finish. Sincerely, Seung Hyun.” Mortified of the thought that TOP was probably awake while I was sketching him and on top of that probably saw me slobbering in my sleep, I put on my sunglasses, a scarf, and a very big hat. I walked out the airport and got into a car as if no one could see me.

When we reached the hotel, I started to get dressed for the event where Jung Woo Sung was going to be. I decided on a look that said mature with a bit of y, meaning a wrap dress with a deep v. I wore my hair down, so it was long and sleek, with a few pieces of jewelry, including a statement necklace. I wished I could go boho chic, but after In Young’s comment those clothes are staying in the back of the closet for a while. Moreover, that night was not a success.

We were on the way out of the hotel, when in the lobby I saw TOP in a suit with his manager getting into the car ahead of us. I said great, now he is following us… or we are following him… either way we will all be in the same place. All I could say was that I hoped that all too helpful TOP will not show up and try to keep me away from Woo Sung.

When I arrived there was no TOP in sight, but a direct path led me to Woo Sung. He greeted me as soon as our eyes met and I became elated. I started touching my hair and covering my mouth like a little girl with a secret. However, he kept talking and smiling, so I kept nodding and listening.  Eventually he seemed like he was getting tired, but thankfully a deep voice interceded on my behalf.

Unfortunately, that voice belonged to Seung Hyun. The conversation started to get really personal. These two must be good friends, because it became like I wasn’t even there. Just when I thought I should walk away and let them have their own fun, Woo Sung’s manager pulled him away. Top turned to me and said, “So that is what you look like when you like someone, like a rabbit in the headlights.”

I was thinking at what point is this humiliation going to stop, but then I thought I have to take control of my life and get the type of man that I want. So instead of shrinking, I said, “Yeah, find out if he likes me, and if so give him my number.” I could tell TOP was shocked, but couldn’t let me see it. He once again put his hand around my shoulder and led me to the couch.

As if reading my mind Top snickered, “It’s New York, no one is looking. I don’t want your feet to start hurting, so I think we should sit down.” I smirked, but then he went on to say, “Woo Sung is in love with someone else.”

I was slightly heartbroken, but there are more fish in the sea and he really did not have all the factors on my list anyway. I knew this was not the worst outcome, so I put on my best smile. Seung Hyun grinned and told me, “I like your dress. It’s very womanly. I am sure if Woo Sung could get over his love for someone else, then he would see how pretty you look tonight.”

I replied, “You look quite dapper yourself.”

“I know”

“Ugh, so ungrateful.”

“No, it’s just that I know I’m handsome.”

I gave him silence. I wanted him to live in it. However, as I was administering the torture, I realized it bothered me more than it did him. So then I moved the conversation along and I asked, “Have you done anything in New York yet?”

“No. I haven’t really had the time, between this and the shoot tomorrow, I guess my only day left to explore is Sunday.”

“I guess you are right, Sunday is the only time to sightsee.”

“Do you and your manager want to come with me and my manager on Sunday? I mean the likeliness we will get caught is low and we can walk the streets.”

“Yeah that would be fun.”

“Cool. Excited about the shoot tomorrow?”

“Yeah, I like modeling, but my only advice to you is to tape it down.”

Top looked appalled, but I stood up and said goodnight knowing that I had one this battle.