Good Morning

What Was Thought to Never Be

Yoon eun hye

 

 

After hanging up with Daesung, TOP rolls over to the other side of the bed and whispers, “Eun Hye, it’s time to wake up.” Eun Hye doesn’t wake up. Then TOP attempts to wake her up by nudging her shoulder, in response Eun Hye tosses her body to its other side and groans. Finally, TOP pokes Eun Hye on her cheek to wake her up, but Eun Hye responds by swatting TOP’s hand from her face and burying her head back into the pillow.

Following that last failed attempt, TOP decided to meet his Mom downstairs. Unbeknownst to him, TOP’s Mom had already found her way inside and was outside his bedroom door. Thinking that Tabi had forgotten to wake up for their weekly brunch, she decided to surprise him. Before TOP could get out of bed, TOP’s mother was in the doorway of his bedroom starring at TOP and some girl.

Startled TOP yelled, “Umma!” As soon as Eun Hye heard those words, she sprung out of the bed. Eun Hye, thinking that she was , immediately took the sheets off the bed to cover her body. After realizing that she was fully clothed, she would never be in a situation like this, and was with “gay” TOP, she stopped trying to cover herself and threw the sheets back on to TOP.

TOP’s mother chuckled and said, “Eun Hye, it’s been so long since I’ve seen you. How is your brother?”

Eun Hye replied, “Ban Seok is great. Ms. Choi I missed you so much. You’re still as beautiful as ever.”

TOP’s mother smiled with glee and said, “You always were so sweet.”

With that Eun Hye exited the room with TOP’s Mom in tow, whereas TOP was now hiding underneath a pile of sheets and covers. Once TOP got his bearings, he made his way downstairs where he found his Mom and Eun Hye in the kitchen making brunch.

TOP asked his mother, “Umma are you okay.”

His mother answered, “Of course I am son.”

Eun Hye interrupted, “I was just explaining to your mother that I was too tired after the party last night to return home and fell asleep here. It was really nice that we had a chance to catch up and talk, right Seung Hyun?”

TOP said, “Uh, yeah.”

TOP’s mother interceded on TOP’s behalf and stated, “TOP I’m not worried. I’ve known Eun Hye forever and I trust her. Plus, she was fully clothed.”

TOP smirked and responded, “Thanks Mom.”

But TOP’s mother went on, “Additionally, I know she already knows how stubborn you are and how you won’t give up when there is something that you want.”

TOP acknowledged his mother’s perspective and declared, “You’re right, when there is something I want I don’t give up.” TOP made his way around the kitchen island and put his arms around both of them and said, “So, when is this going to be ready?”

When TOP’s Mom left the room, TOP stopped Eun Hye from plating the breakfast and expressed his unease with the situation. TOP asked,”Eun Hye is this okay? Are you comfortable with this?”

Eun Hye replied, “With what?”

“My Mom”

“I love your Mom. She’s great.”

“You know that she thinks that we are in a relationship?”

“What do you mean? She just said that she knew we weren’t.”

“She says that, but I know she is just trying to make us feel comfortable about this whole situation.”

“So your Mom is pretending like she doesn’t know?”

“Exactly.”

“You know you should really tell your Mom”.

“Of course, I will tell her right now.”

“Well, why don’t you wait until after I leave, because she is probably going to need some time to digest the situation, even if she already knows the truth at a subconscious level.”

“Wait what are you talking about?”

“I knew it wasn’t the right time to let you know that I knew. However, I will pretend like I’m your girlfriend until your Mother leaves.”

“So you actually think I am gay?”

“You’re not?”

“Were you thinking that when you kissed me last night?”

“Well, I just thought you would appreciate it, since you were being all touchy feely… I asked Bom if you were gay, but she really didn’t say it… But, you are so fashionable… And you didn’t try to do anything when we were in New York… It just didn’t seem like you were straight.”

TOP walked over to Eun Hye and placed his hands on her shoulders and said, “Are you serious? Eun Hye, are you afraid to admit that you like me or is it just that you really are that dense?”

After pausing for a few moments,Eun Hye dropped to her knees and covered her face and said, “Oh my God, I can’t believe I have feelings for him.”

TOP’s Mom entered into the room and upon seeing Eun Hye asked, “Are you okay?”

Eun Hye replied, “Yes, but I just realized I have a schedule, so I won’t be able to stay to eat.” Then, Eun Hye grabbed her shoes by the door and headed out from a place that she thought she would never return. But, she forgot it was freezing cold outside.

Rather than freeze, she promptly rang the house from the gate. Eun Hye was buzzed through the gate again. TOP opened the door and said, “Do you just want a coat or do you want me to drive you home?”

Eun Hye replied, “I want a…”

TOP interrupted, “I’ll drive you home.”

TOP’s Mom came to entryway to see what was going on. However, TOP explained it all away when he said, “Eun Hye got her schedule mixed-up, it turns out she can stay for brunch.”

Eun Hye frowned.

TOP grinned.