Something New...

What Was Thought to Never Be

It was dawn and the light from Eun Hye's window finally reached her face. 

Eun Hye moans and begins to encourage herself, "Ugh! Back to the drama lifestyle... coffee...coffee... I need life."

"Just get yourself to the shower and you will wake up."

Eun Hye takes a quick shower picks up a new t-shirt and some jeans and begins to do her hair and makeup.

"I just don't understand why they schedule these script readings for 9 A.M. Do people not know how much time it takes to get ready for a press that can vilify you even it is just for being slightly late."

Eun Hye begins to pinch her cheeks, "When will I be old enough to dare people to say something about my lack of promptness."

Ding Dong

Eun Hye walks to the front door and looks at the CCTV feed.  No surprise,  it's her manager.

Eun Hye says, "Hey, I am almost ready."

"Okay. I will just wait here. Let me know if you need anything."

 "Alright. I'll be quick."

Ready, Eun Hye praces back into the room and cheerily announces, "I'm ready!"

Manager, a little thrown off, states, "Wow aren't you bright today..."

"Yes, manager.So happy today. I am going to meet Kang Ji Hwan. Have you seen him with his shirt off? He's fantastic."

"LOL. I knew there was something."

"I mean he is too handsome for me personally, but I can appreciate the physical form. Right?"

"Yes, Eunnie. Now, let's go meet the man."

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

The director's assistant hands Eun Hye the most recent version of the script.  Eun Hye sits down in her chair at the long table they've set up for the script reading and rapidly reviews the latest edition of the script for episode one. Then, Eun Hye hears the clicking of a man's dress shoes entering the room. She looks up and there he is. A handsome man dressed in a translucent white button down and white jeans.  

Ji Hwan sees Eun Hye and faces her with a too white smile.  Unknowingly, Eun Hye smiles back and thinks to herself, "He is so cute."  Ji Hwan extends his arm and says, "So, nice to see you Eun Hye." 

Eun Hye replies, "You too" and continues, "let's do well."  Eun Hye returns her head to her script as he sits down across from her. She begins to hold her script up to her face so that she can get a better view. She peeks her head over her script to see Ji Hwan and he is starring straight at her with another darling smile.  Then, the second female lead enters, Jo Yoon Hee. 

Ji Hwan stands up and greets Yoon Hee as if they were old friends. Eun Hye senses their immediate attraction to each other. Her ego is blown in a millisecond.  Her feelings go from sheer excitement to why aren't you looking at me??? Only puppies could challenge the look of imminent peril on her face. Eun Hye quickly recuperates and says to herself, "Oh Well. Things could be worse. I could have fallen in love with him while he was falling in love with her." 

Eun Hye stands up and bows to greet Yoon Hee. This is the first time Eun Hye has seen Yoon Hee up close. Eun Hye admits that Yoon Hee is really pretty and acknowledges any guy would fall in love with her. Yoon Hee fits the bill, like several other slender, dainty, cute, and modelesque actresses.  Eun Hye admitted that she was jealous, but had to remind herself not to judge Yoon Hee. Some of these modelesque actresses were her friends Jun Ji Hyun, Shin Min Ah, and Yoona. In the end, everyone has a type, and this was apparently Ji Hwan's type.  Eun Hye also quickly surmised, that must be hi​s type too.

Ji Hwan turned his attention back to Eun Hye this time his smile was more eager.  Eun Hye also smiled but it was bit strained since she just saw the smile he gave Yoon Hee. Thankfully, the director announced that they were ready to begin.  

After Eun Hye tossed the potential Eun Hye-Ji Hwan romance in the wind, the script reading went swimmingly, just as she had predicted it would.  Ji Hwan and Yoon Hee would make great co-stars.  She would have a great time.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

There was lots of fervor in the air the morning of the press conference. In the morning, the press was invited to the set. Later, in the afternoon, a press conference would be held to introduce the cast.  Yoon Hye was on her A-game; daring anyone to say that she wasn't the most beautiful woman in the world.  It had been a few weeks since the kiss at the gate and Eun Hye was firmly holding her ground by not communicating with Top.  Eun Hye was finally moving on.  Over the past few weeks, Eun Hye watched as the texts and phone calls gradually declined. Since last week, Eun Hye had not heard anything from Top at all. That was until the day of the press conference. 

Eun Hye was on set when her manager handed her her phone because it had been vibrating.  Eun Hye unlocked her phone to see who the text messages were from.

At first she smiled when she saw it was Top. It must have been because she was surprised that he still cared for her and hadn't forgotten her.

Top @ 10:00am: Have a great day today! I heard today is your press conference. 

She laughed to herself as she read his second text message.

Top @ 10:03am: By the way, I know the reason you haven't called or texted is because you have been really busy.

By the third text, Top had broken past Eun Hye's last barrier of defense.

Top @ 10:11am: Yeobo call me today to let me know how things went.

She had not talked to him in three weeks, yet he was calling her Yeobo and demanding that she called that evening. Eun Hye began to daydream and reminisce on the almost relationship between her and Top.

As she began to reply, Ji Hwan strolled over and interrupted her. 

"Why I've never seen that smile before."

Eun Hye answered abruptly, "Really? I wear it all the time."

Ji Hwan the charmer said, "Good, can't wait for you to show it to me in the future."

Then, there it was, the same smile Eun Hye had for the text message.  She tilted her head to the side and started to play with her hair.  She was now in full on flirt territory. The text message to Top was long forgotten. 

"Oh really.  We will see..."