NY Day 2

What Was Thought to Never Be

Day 2

Modeling is hard, especially when you are a woman. Oftentimes you have to get to the set a lot earlier than your partner for hair and make-up. Tangent—sometimes I just want to get out of the shower and only pat my head for it to dry. I was almost ready to get in front of the camera, when I saw TOP, he went back to a dark brown hair color overnight. Might I say he looked good. In a manly way? Though his boyish charm remained. TOP was starting to get into the way too handsome category and it was starting to make me nervous.

Top had on a dress shirt and jeans. I mean who thinks it’s okay for a man to be fully clothed, while the woman has to be in an underwire? I have pants, but still we’re lying on a bed. Top should at least be topless, but knowing Top we will be lucky to have the shirt ed. The photographer started directing us to our positions on the bed and described the shoot as “forbidden love”? Right, “forbidden love” that’s what she said.  Anyways, I was laying face down on the bed with my head on top of his shoulder and he was lying face up with his arm around me with his hand landing on my exposed back.

I was dying inside and could not move an inch. I wanted no part of any brushing, rubbing, or movement whatsoever. Nonetheless, the director wanted to change the way my hair was falling. I didn’t want to move, so I just hoped that an assistant would fix it, but in came the ever too helpful TOP. He basically caressed my face while moving my hair out of my face. I had an inner scream with stomach-flips.  This was all the while the photographer did not stop taking photos and boom guess which photo was the one selected? That’s right the one with TOP caressing my face/moving my hair.

Luckily, all the shots after that were tame in comparison, just a lot of hugs, back hugs, and solo shots. Eventually, things got more comfortable on the set, and soon the shoot was over. As we were all saying our goodbyes, TOP approached me and said, “Let’s start by going to this great Italian restaurant tonight.”

“I love Italian.”

“Me too.”

“Should we leave from here?”

“If you don’t feel the need to get changed?”

“What I am wearing is okay?”

“Yeah it’s fine,”

“Alright. Let me confirm with my manager that he likes Italian.”

Five minutes later. 

“Actually, I think both of our managers are going to Broadway tonight.”

“I can’t believe he didn’t tell me.”

“Yeah, well I think it’s because my manager got 2 tickets to the show and I didn’t really want to go.”

“Oh. Well then let me just let him know that we’re going to Italian.”

After I talked to my manager we both put on our jackets, sunglasses, and hats and went out to face the big apple. Top was quite impressive, and by that I mean he knew how to hail a cab and tell the driver where the restaurant was. There was a lot of silence in that cab ride, but it didn’t matter when the end result was Italian.

The setting was super romantic with mostly tables for two and trellises emblazoned with lights to create a garden like atmosphere. Since there had been little talking, I asked Seung Hyun what was going on with him. Funnily enough we hadn’t got around to talking about him before. Seung Hyun said that he was working on honing his acting skills. He asked me if I had any suggestions, and in fact I did. I then turned around and asked him if he had any suggestions for me and he did have one and it was to stop being such a good kisser. I giggled and said, “I can’t help it if I was born this way.” He asked me if I would be available from time to time to help him go over his lines and I answered of course.

It was one of those relationship-changing dinners. I thought afterwards we were actually going to be friends, not like he’s my brother’s friend, but my friend. It was surprisingly nice.

By the time dessert was offered, we were discussing what we were going to do the next day to sightsee. I started getting so excited for the next day that I wanted to go home right away just to prepare for tomorrow. TOP asked if I want to do anything else. I replied, “I just want to head back and watch a movie in bed and eat ice cream.”
 

TOP said, “That sounds like fun, I really wanted to watch this movie about an architect who…”

I interrupted, “Me too”

“Let’s go get some ice cream on our way back to the Hotel and watch it when we get back?”

“Yeah, that sounds like fun.” However, I was not thinking about the logistics of what was about to happen next. TOP paid for the dinner, before I even had the chance to object, and then we got up to leave. Of course, I had to thank him in some way. So as we walked back to the hotel, we stopped at the grocery store. I made sure to pay for the ice cream and popcorn. I then offered to watch the movie in my room, so he wouldn’t have to clean up. However, it was selfish on my part, because if I got tired I did not feel like walking back to my room.

When we reached the hotel I started leading TOP to my room, but he said that he would meet me there. I went back to my room and set things up on the table in front of the little couch and TV area in front of my bed. When TOP arrived he brought with him a bottle of wine. I laughed at his gesture, even though I knew it was more for him, then for me. We started watching the movie. However, as soon as I had one glass of wine I realized how exhausted I was, so I left the couch next to TOP and climbed on top of my bed behind the couch.

TOP kept turning around to make sure I was still watching the movie. I tried my best, but was going in and out of sleep. After some time, TOP got up from the couch and asked me if I was okay. He felt my forehead and looked a little concerned. He then climbed on top of the bed next to me and pulled me closer to him. We were in the same position that we were earlier that day, but luckily I was fully clothed. He didn’t say anything to me, but he continued to watch the movie while running his hands through my hair.

I finally found peace in our silence and fell asleep.