After the Party

What Was Thought to Never Be

Yoon Eun Hye rushes into her room, slams her door, lies on her bed face down, and screams into her pillow. Then, Eun Hye reaches for the drawer on her nightstand to grab her journal.

Eun Hye quickly jots down in her journal:

OMG. Tonight’s events went very very wrong. Now, I am at home and further than ever from finding a mate. Let me start from the beginning.

There I was in the lounge for the after party talking to Han Byul and In Young, about where to go next in our careers, when Tablo came up to us. In his normal teasing manner, he said, “Eun hye what was your favorite part of the concert?”

Of course I answered truthfully, “When Psy, G-dragon, and Taeyang were all on stage.”

Tablo chuckled, “Yeah Ban Seok told me that he's had to stay close to G-dragon all night, so that he could ensure that you guys didn’t…”

“What!”

“Yeah, Ban Seok told me that In Young had plans on getting you two together. You have a crush on G-dragon, right?”

I side-eyed In Young.

In Young gave me the “I’m innocent” retort.

Then I countered to Tablo, “Ugh I don’t like younger guys, guys! I’m here to find a grown man!”

Next thing you know Daesang arrives with Taeyang right behind him. Daesang said, “Hey guys!” I swear at the same time Daesang was talking, Taeyang gave me a wink.

We were all like “Hey…”

Daesang gives his angelic smile and chortles, “Eun Hye you’re looking for a grown man?”

At this point I could only whimper, “Yes.” But, then I thought I should be more confident about it and yelled “YES A GROWN MAN!” Apparently I was lost in my mind between the first and second yes, because when I reawakened everyone was staring at me silently. One of those awestruck people was Psy.

Psy pulled me over to the side and said “Eun Hye you are finally ready for me, too bad I’m already married.”

I laughed and answered, “Psy it is so good to see you too. Your concert was amazing.”

Psy uttered, “Eun Hye, if you are ever looking for someone to date. I know plenty of suitable guys that would love date you.”

“Thanks Oppa”

“No problem. You know the best way to find someone is to be yourself. You’ll know when you have found the right one when they can see you for who you really are. Anyways, I’ve got to mingle, but let me know.”

Embarrassing. Now, everyone knows about my mission to save myself from loneliness. It was at that point when I decided to save myself from further embarrassment. I headed to the dance floor, so that I could avoid blurting out anything further and prevent others from approaching me to try and set me up.

 I found a spot in the corner and just started dancing by myself. I had a few drinks and I was finally starting to feel the music. It was fun because eventually all the artist from YG came to the dance floor and the whole crowd started to really enjoy the party. Minzy was killing it. Then Minzy and Taeyang had a dance off. I have to admit Taeyang is really attractive when he dances…too bad he is too young. Then, there is also the fact that I am too tall. 

I had my eyes on Taeyang. He was in the middle of a handstand when a man moonwalking across the dance floor interrupted the dance off. The moonwalking man made Taeyang lose his balance. I started giggling. I saw my brother right behind the man giggling and pointing with G-dragon at Taeyang lying on the ground

When the man turned sideways, I realized it was TOP. I will never understand how a person that looks so serious could become such a childish comedian. While I was watching, still laughing from the corner, G-dragon came up to me.

“Noona! Seungri, being the gossiper that he is, told me that Ban Seok has been tailing me around all night, because he is trying to prevent In Young from hooking us up. Personally, I find it to be hilarious, since you’ve been friends with most of my girlfriends and know too many of my faults to even think about dating me. But let’s keep Ban Seok on his toes, so give me a hug.”

I gave Jiyong a hug knowing that Ban Seok had his eye on us and whispered in Jiyong’s ear, “You’re right it’s not going to happen. If you hurt anymore of the people I know I will break you into pieces.” As we broke apart I told him, “I love you no matter what though, Jiyong.”

Ban Seok must have flew from across the room, because right when I was saying, “I love you” Ban Seok was listening from behind me.  Ban Seok took one look at me and knew that I had had one drink too many. I wasn’t drunk, but you could always tell when I had a few drinks, because I was extra happy, but at the same time mean-nice, which would explain the straightforwardness in my conversation with Jiyong.

Ban Seok hinted at his dissatisfaction with the situation and retorted, “Eun Hye you have a schedule tomorrow, maybe it’s time for you to go home.”

Doesn’t he know that he is my younger brother? Nonetheless, logically, I knew he was right, so I told Ban Seok to take me home.

G-dragon looked at Ban Seok and said, “You’re going to take her home when Minzy is still here?”

In Young popped in, “Taeyang can take her home.”

I was perplexed, but Ban Seok wasn’t. Ban Seok scowled at In Young, and countered, “I’ll ask TOP, since they live in the same neighborhood”

Ban Seok walked back across the dance floor where TOP and Psy were talking. A few minutes later, Ban Seok and TOP came back across the dance floor. TOP grabbed me by the shoulder and said, “Let’s go home.”

I was tired and kind of out of it, so I just followed his lead. However, on the way out I swear I overheard In Young say to Ban Seok and G-dragon, “You know we are all going to have to hear about this tomorrow and for several days to come.”