Thank you

Heart Connection

As I stand there looking at the girl who stood up for me, I still can't believe that someone would actually defend me against the gossip queen! and on top of that, They're friends!!

"That's too much, yuna! can't you just give her a break?" the girl said as she looked straightly at 'yuna', or what seems to be the girl's name. "Are you really going to defy me, Mari?" she paused. "After accepting you to our group, this is what you'd do to me?" she said as if Mari is really grateful to her. "I-Its just-" Yuna didn't let her finish her sentence, "No other explanations allowed, Mari! remember rule number 12?" she said sternly. 'Mari' just stayed quiet, she didn't even utter a single word. "Mari, who would you rather choose? me and the group or this wierdo?" she asked while fuming in anger, a deep silence ensued throughout the whole class. Suddenly, her sad expression earlier changed into anger. She grabbed my hand and she started to drag me along with her, away from Yuna. "Mari! hey! where are you going? we're not finished!" Yuna shouted. Mari stopped and turned around, showing much anger on her face. "You know what? I just realized. I'd rather hang out with a wierdo like her, than a loser like you!" she angrily stated. Yuna walked out of the classroom, filled with anger. While Mari was dragging me away, she noticed that I have a bruise in my arm.She stopped and asked "Does your bruise hurt?" I answered shyly "I-I probably got it when she pushed me on the ground.". She was about to check my bruise closer when our professor came in. We had no choice but to return to our proper seats. Our professor then started to discuss.

"Your plans failed, Baekhyun" I whispered. I looked at him with my what-the-heck face. "Are you sure about that?" he asked me mockingly. "what do you mean? No person would want to be my friend after the commotion earlier!" I whispered as quietly as I can. Lucky for him, no one could hear him, besides me. "Hmmm, let's see about that." he then lightly chuckled. Class ended peacefully, It's now time for our short break.

I was seating quietly in my desk, staring at the window beside me. I could totally feel the others' glares at me, but I ignored them. Before I realized it, I'm back to my old state again. No one to talk to (besides Baekhyun), no one to hang out with, no one to eat with. It was all practically the same, though i'm guessing my reputation got worse though. Then suddenly, "Hey, is your bruise okay?" the girl 'Mari' asked me with a worried expression. "O-Oh this? yeah it's fine." I said hesitantly. "Oh please! just let me check it!" she carefully grabbed my arm and checked my bruise. "Hmmmm, seems okay though, but i'm still gonna put medicine just incase it would get infected" she said while getting a first aid kit in her bag. She took out some kind of medicine for bruises, She carefully applied it to my bruise using a cotton. "Ow!" I said in shock, "Oh sorry! but you need to bear with it for a while" she said while continuing to put some medicine. I just nodded in agreement. 

"There! all better!" she then smiled full of beaming joy. I thought Baekhyun is the only one who could smile like this. Looks like i'm wrong.I lightly smiled at myself. "Th-Thank you" I said shyly at her while smiling. "Neh! it's okay. I'm not a daughter of a doctor for nothing!" she then grinned at me."Hi, my name is Shin Ma Ri. just call me Mari! I'm now 18 years old, nice to meet you!" she said gleefully. "H-Hi, I'm Seol Han Na. Thanks again earlier." I said with a faint smile. She just laughed and said "well, Yuna just totally crossed her line. I just have to, you know, step in" she then showed me a wide smile. "But aren't you both friends?" I asked "hmmmm, well she was MY friend. I don't think that she even think of me as her friend. Heck! she doesn't even treat me like one!" she stated. "Is it true that you're not friends with her now?" I asked worriedly. "Well, I was the one dumb enough to actually want to be her friend!" she somehow expressed a sad smile. "Back in my old school, I was always bullied because I was too quiet and shy. So yeah, I kind of know what you feel." she said. "When I finally transferred here, i wanted to change. I didn't want to be bullied anymore." It suddenly became silent, her expression also became more serious. "So I decided to be more lively and happy. I tried to befriend everyone. At that time, I looked up to Yuna and the group, They were ,and they still are, popular in the campus. I did everything I can, just to become a part of thier group. They treated me like a slave for the past year, just for me to become part of them."she continued. "When I was finally accepted in the group yesterday, I heard that they were gonna do something to you . I tried to object to thier plans but they didn't listen to me. I should've known sooner that they weren't worth my time" she then smiled sincerely. I was touched by what Mari had told me. I could totally see that she is a really good person inside and out. We then continued to talk until the break time's over. She promised to hang out with me this weekend and she also promised that she'd introduce to me a good friend of hers. Though the friend she was talking about was actually our class rep, Kim Jong In. Though I haven't really talked to him or seen him much cause of his busy schedule, Mari said that he is really kind. After she had invited me, it seems that I can't stop smiling the whole time! For the first time in so long, I can't wait till weekends! 

When we arrived at home, I hurriedly did my homework. Without me noticing, Baekhyun has already dozed off. I watched him as he slept like a baby. I observed his petite face's flawless features. From his angelic eyes, 'till his red rosy lips. I came closer to his face and whispered to his ear. "It seems that your plan DID work!" I smiled. "Thank you, Baekhyun...."

A/N: Thank you to all that subscribed! (totally forgot to mention) XD. Of couse, thank you also who reads my story <3 I hope you would continue to read DX Thankies again~ Saranghae!~