The greatest gift

Heart Connection

Luhan's POV

"What? It's Hanna's birthday tomorrow?" I said loudly with a mixture of a shocked and confused expression. "Umm YEAH!! Ugh! I can't believe you don't even know her birthday! You're both always together 24/7!" Mari said with a sarcastic voice. Mari suddenly called me just a little while ago to ask me what my gift for Hanna is. Unfortunately, I had no idea that it's her birthday tomorrow. "Well, she never told her birthday date to me." "Well that's because you don't ask her, oppa!" She explained. Well, she does have a point. "AISH! Never mind! Just don't tell her that we'll throw her a surprise party, okay?" "Uh, yeah" i said a bit hesitant. "Thanks, oppa! Come to the party tomorrow! It'll be held on Hanna's house. Her aunt and uncle allowed us to have a birthday party in their house. Don't miss it! Bye~" she happily said as she hung up her phone. So it's her 19th birthday tomorrow huh? I'm gonna make this special! Yeah hwaiting!!! Hmm..... But what gift should I give her?..... A year worth of chicken?..... Hmmm..

Your POV

Finally, it's morning! I woke up and started to do some stretching. It has been two weeks since Kai's soccer match. As usual, we still hang out in the library. The weather outside became colder and colder! I can really feel that it is really winter. Well, there's no use in thinking about silly stuff like these right now. According to my aunt, today is my birthday! Today is the day that I was born in this world. I can't  even remember how to celebrate a birthday. How did I celebrate my birthdays? How did my parents celebrate my birthdays? What do we do during birthdays? -that, I could not answer. Sadly, both my aunt and uncle are busy throughout the whole day and night so we can't celebrate my birthday today. Though they already gave me their gifts last night. My aunt gave me a snow globe and and a penguin plushie, while my uncle gave me matching scarf and mittens with a big teddy bear. They really DO know me. They both gave me stuffed toys! I laughed to myself while hugging the stuffed toys. I scanned the room to look for Baekhyun, my so called 'guardian'. Unexpectedly, I can't find him anywhere. He's probably getting some fresh air outside, i guess. I wish he'd atleast leave a note or inform me where he's going, so I won't have to worry about him too much. Wait... Why should I be worried? He's just Baekhyun, right?...Or maybe he really is in big trouble right now!.. AISH! Just forget about him, Seol Hanna! He'll just come back when he feel like it!............but.......but still....hmm

Baekhyun's POV (A few hours ago)

I wandered around the room, thinking about what to give Hanna for her birthday later.I think harder, hoping that I'd soon find some answers. Sadly, no answer was given. After thinking for some time, I decide to go out for some fresh air. Before I walked out the door, I took a last glance at Hanna's sleeping face. She was curled up comfortably on her bed, while her hair is scattered everywhere. I smiled as I held the door knob. "Happy birthday, Hanna..." 

Your POV

I went to school alone, after a long time. I'm still a bit worried about Baekhyun, though I disregarded it. I went into my class and saw Mari and Kai talking to each other. I was rather confused because it seems as if they're secretly hiding something. I went closer to greet them but they didn't notice my presence. "So Kai, just act normal and- AHHH HEY! HANNA!! GOOD MORNING!!" Mari said loudly, as if she has seen a ghost. "Umm.. What are you guys doing? Why should Kai act normal? Is something wrong?" I asked a bit worried. "Uh well... Um you see Hanna.. It's-" "I found someone I love a-and she's giving me advice!" Kai interrupted Mari while she was explaining. "EH?! Really? Who's this lucky girl?" I asked with amusement. "U-Uh uh- it's um...-" "IT'S ME!" Mari said, interrupting Kai. "EHHHH?!?!? Really? But- but why did you seek advice from Mari if she's the one you love?" I asked a bit confused. "Ah-ah well .... SHE REJECTED ME!" Kai said loudly. "EEHHHHHH?!?!? But why?" " I-I like somebody else!" She said panicked. "OMO! Who?" I asked curiously. "Um uh....umm L-Luhan OPPA!" She hurriedly said. "EEEHHHHHHHHHH?!?!?!? SUNBAENIM?!?!?" I shouted as all of our classmates were eyeing us. "Uh...uh yeah! B-but I gave up! I-I like ...um..... EXO's Chanyeol!!" She said a bit unsure. "EXO? Isn't that a popular boy-band? You like one of them?.......but....but what about Kai and sunbaenim?" I asked, "um well... Chanyeol oppa is the only one I love! He's the only one for me!" She said. "Mmm well.... I guess I can't argue with your feelings..." I said a bit dissapointed. I came closer to Kai and whispered..."It's okay! I'm sure Mari will love you back someday!". I then smiled at him brightly while he just showed me a poker face. With that, our homeroom finished without anyone greeting me a happy birthday. I won't blame them though. I only told Mari and Kai my birthdate once, when we first became friends. 

It's finally break. We decided to go to the library together. When we arrived, sunbae was already reading the same book I wanted to borrow when we just met. "Hello, sunbaenim!" I said brightly, He shifted his eyes to us and gave us a warm smile. We then sat beside him and talked about anything and everything! The bell rang, signalling that we better go back to our classes or we'll recieve some scolding from our uptight teachers. As we hurriedly went out the library, I noticed that sunbaenim had a worried face. I was about to ask what was wrong, when suddenly, Mari grabbed my arm as we dashed through the halls. I wonder what's bothering sunbaenim? Judging sunbaenim, he'd never inflict somebody else his problems. Though I wish that he'd atleast tell us.

I was about to go home, since school is finally over, when..."Hey,Hanna!" Kai called me with a big smile. "Kai? What's up?" I asked, "Um...wanna drink some bubble tea with me?" "Uummm...why?" "Yah! That's unfair! Whenever Luhan hyung asks you out, you'd quickly agree! What about me then?" Kai pouted. AISH! Even Kai's pout is cute! Wae? "Well... Fine then!" I said while smiling. "Yes!!" "Yah! It's your treat!" "Eh? Fine!" Kai said as we walked together towards the bubble tea shop near the school. I hope Baekhyun won't worry about me. Seriously, why can't guardians have their own invisible phones?!?

Luhan's POV

"What would she want?" I asked myself while standing in the middle of the shopping district. "According to Mari, Kai will distract her for about one to two hours. So I have exactly an hour to look for a present for her. But what should I give her?" I pondered to myself. I went to every possible store I could enter while scanning all the items. I looked around the whole district, but sadly, nothing caught my eye. I was about to give up, when suddenly a jewelry store caught my attention. I entered the store and obsereved the jewelries. I then saw a necklace with a diamond star pendant. Its dazzling under the light with its silver chain. "May I help you, sir?" The middle aged man asked me. "Oh! I'm just looking for a present." "If it's for your girlfriend, that necklace you're looking at is actually a couple necklace. She would surely love it if you'd both wear it together." The man gave me a warm smile. "Oh! She's not actually my girlfr- um anyway, can I look at both the necklaces?"I asked, the man nodded and showed me the pair of necklaces. It was surely beautiful and dazzling. I decided to buy the couple necklaces for me and Hanna. It was a bit embarassing for me to buy a couple necklace, since we're not actually a couple. I thanked the man and went straight home to fix myself for Hanna's birthday party which Mari is preparing right now. I'll someday wear this necklace, Hanna. I'll wear it once we actually become a couple. Until then, please take good care of this necklace I'll give you.

Your POV

Kai and I were seated on our chairs in the bubble tea shop for about an hour and a half already. "Kai, shouldn't we go now?" I asked, "Uh why? Aren't you having fun?" He asked while covering his sweat with a smile. "We finished drinking our bubble tea an hour ago!" "Do you want another one?" He asked, "Uh no. It's getting a bit late now. Don't we have to study for our Biology test tomorrow? Come on, let's go." I said as I stood up. Kai grabbed my arm quickly and said..." NO! Uh- I mean, let's stay for a bit more, please?". I sighed as he begged. "Fine!" I said as I sat down. At the same time, Kai's phone vibrated, meaning he recieved a text message. He read the message quickly and turned to talk to me. "You know what? You're right! It IS getting late! We should get going" "Um, but you said we should stay for a while.."Oh! I was just kidding!" He said while fake laughing. What the heck is he up to? Anyways, I hope Baekhyun didn't actually search for me. His guardian instincts sometimes acts up! 

Kai offered to walk me home. I just nodded and thanked him. When we finally reached the house, I can sense that something weird is going on. I turned to Kai to ask him but he just simply smiled. When I opened the door, all the lights were off. "Uh, hello?" I said, waiting for any answers. When suddenly, confetti started to fall above my head as the lights . "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" Mari and Luhan sunbaenim greeted me in unison. I smiled widely as tears of joy escaped from my eyes. "YAH! So that's why you said to Kai that he should act normal 'cause you were about to throw me a party!" I grinned, "Yeah!" They both harmonized. "AISH! I really had no idea! I thought you guys didn't know when my birthday is!" Why wouldn't we? We're not bestfriends for nothing! Though there is a person who didn't know coughLuhancough." Mari said while looking straight into sunbaenim's eyes. He just smiled shyly while I let out a loud chuckle. "So yeah! Everything about me confessing to Mari is a lie!" Kai smiled, "But me loving chanyeol isn't a lie! CHANYEOL OPPA IS MY ONE TRUE LOVE!!! I ship ChanRi!! CHANRI 4 EVER!!!" Mari said loudly as she squeeled at the top of her lungs, causing us to cover our ears. We laughed and decided to eat afterwards. The food was delicious! My aunt specifically told our chef the food he needs to prepare, without me knowing it. Ofcourse, the glorious Chicken is present in the table! We played some games and watched a movie after we ate. I opened the presents they gave me with a very wide smile. Mari gave me a set of plushies of the cartoon we both love, Kai gave me a GIGANTIC panda bear who is so called as 'Tao', and sunbaenim gave me a diamond star necklace! It's so beautiful and shiny! I LIKE SHINY! and it looks expensive! I refused at first but gave in after he insisted. Time passed by fast, without us noticing it. They bid their farewell while giving me one last hug. I waved them goodbye and proceeded to go to my room. I'm happy.....but deep inside...something is missing. I closed the lights and laid on my bed. I can't help but think about Baekhyun. I am seriously worried about him and at the same time, i'm kind of sad that he wasn't at the party earlier. Even though the rest of the gang can't see him, i'll be more than happy to see him beside me. I felt so uneasy. I want to see him. I NEED to see him. Why do I suddenly feel like this? At first, I wanted Baekhyun to dissapear. But now......I....don't think I ever want that to happen....

Baekhyun's POV

I didn't notice the time, I arrived so late at night. I peeked at Hanna's room to see how she's doing. I just smiled at how she's curled up again. I closed the door quietly to avoid any noise. In the end, I didn't give Hanna any gift. I was so dissapointed in myself for not even giving her any present. I headed to the music room a few steps away from her room. Luckily, her aunt and uncle haven't come back yet from work. The maids' room is also far away from it, so That means I could play the piano without scaring anyone. I run my fingers through all the piano keys. I sat down the leather chair and started to play a song while I sing to it. A song that is most precious in my heart. A song I wrote which carries all the emotions i'm feeling inside....

 

 
This moment feels like I was born as a child who knew nothing
I closed my eyes again in case it would be a dream
You were standing in front of my desperate self and praying
Just once, I want to walk side by side with you
 
Taken by the soft wind to your world
You asked me brightly where I came from to your side
And I told you that It was a secret
Wherever we walk together
Will be paradise
 
You are an eye-blinding entity compared to Michael
Who would remember you, I will not forgive it
Like the beginning when stepping into Eden
Believing you every day from the bottom of my heart
I alway want to protect you
So that even the small things won’t tire you out, I’m eternally in love
 
As your guardian, I will block the stiff wind
Even though people turn their backs to you
If I could become the person
Who can wipe your tears on a tiring day
It will be paradise
 
I, who has fallen in love with no other place to
Go back, my wings have been talen away 
Even though I lost my everlasting life, the reason to my happiness
You are my eternity Eternally Love
 
Your POV
 
As I was laying down on my bed, I heard the sound of the piano coming from music room. I quickly got up and left my room. I peeked at the music room and to my surprise, Baekhyun was singing while playing the piano. I was mesmerized by his beautiful voice. As I was listening to his beautiful song, I somehow felt nostalgia. I felt so nostalgic just by listening to the song. I can feel his emotions by the sound of the piano keys, by the sound of his voice. Without me noticing it, tears started to flow through my face. The song was somehow engraved into my heart. I felt as if my memories are about to come back to me. The song left me crying and sobbing while I felt my heart melting.
 
It's not because of the meaning of the song.....
 
It's not because of the nostalgia i'm feeling....
 
It's because.... I feel uneasy...
 
I feel that i'm forgetting something....
 
.......something so important...
 
......that I may not be able to forgive myself....
  
A/N: Thanks everyone for reading!!! Please do continue to read ^^ The angst is just about to start! ;) And if you guys wanted to ask, the song Baekhyun sang is the english translation of their song "Angel" :)) please subscribe~
 
Pease leave some feedbacks~ Imma give you some cookies! :3