The stargazer

Heart Connection

I laid down inside my tent, after sunbaenim carried me. Sunbaenim applied some medicine for my sprain, before he left. After a few minutes, I dozed off without me noticing it. I slept comfortably at ease. No nightmres, no bad dreams. It's just perfect! After quite some time, I felt that someone sat beside me. The person was mumbling something, as if he was talking to me. Judging from his voice, the guy was probably Baekhyun. I didn't bother to get up and talk to him properly. Instead, I just went back to my lovely peaceful slumber. I'm guessinng that Baekhyun was only trying to annoy me, at that time.

I slept once again in peace. I dozed off for hours and hours. Suddenly, I woke up in the middle of the night. I sat up and grabbed my phone to check the time. To my surprise, It was already 2 AM in the morning. I sighed as I glanced at Mari's sleeping face. She even looks like an angel when asleep! And now, i'm wondering why doesn't she belong in any of those famous girl groups. Seriously, this kid has the looks! Though I do remember Kai warning me that I should never let her hold a microphone.........Ahh!.....now I know the reason.... I smiled and laid down once again. I closed my eyes hoping to get another sleep. Unfortunately, my mind won't allow me. My brain was completely awake and alert. No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't go back to sleep. I sighed and sat up once again. I was frozen for a few minutes, until I finally decided that I'd take a short walk. I got up and went outside of the tent. As expected, everyone were fast asleep. I observed my surroundings, checking if there's still someone awake. Sadly, It seems like I was the only one awake at this hour. I walked around the camp site and inhaled some fresh air. I streched my muscles as I started to hum. Unconsciously, I ended up walking towards the lake we saw earlier. The water beautifully glistens under the radiance of the moonlight. I was amused by its beauty and the serenity. As I came closer to get a better view of the lake, I noticed that someone was laying down on the green vibrant grass. I sneakily checked who it was, and coincidentally, It was sunbaenim. "Sunbaenim? what are you doing here? Isn't it a bit late for you to be here?" I asked curiously, Sunbaenim turned to me a bit shocked. "I could ask you the same question! What are you doing at this hour?" sunbaenim asked me with a worried expression. "I asked you first!" "I....I-I just needed some fresh air." he said while giving off his usual warm smile. I turned quiet for quite a few seconds. "What about you? why are you here?" he continued, "I couldn't sleep, that's all.." I explained. Sunbaenim smiled and signalled me to sit down beside him. I nodded and gladly took his offer. Silence ensued for a few minutes. "The night sky is great isn't it? The stars really radiates it's beauty. One of the reasons why I came here is for the stars. The stars tonight are too beautiful for me to miss!" he brightly said. I lightly chuckled as we both stared at each others' eyes. I turned away and blushed, as he turned away as well. I quickly chuckled for a bit and shrugged off what happened earlier. "Y-Yeah! The sky IS beautiful! Uh- hey sunbaenim! are you struggling in your studies?" I asked, "Hmmm...not really!" "Why not?" I asked with curiosity, "Because i'm just TOO smart!" he teasingly said, as I laughed and smiled. Though I know he's lying that he's not struggling in school, but sunbaenim IS really smart, and that's a fact! He has the HIGHEST scores recorded in his batch! I smiled widely as I laughed with him.

 "Isn't that polaris?" I asked in amusement. I looked up into the sky and observed every star I could see. "You're right! I see you've researched alot about stars!" He exclaimed. I shook my head and turned toface him. "I didn't research about it. Perhaps,I learned it from you, sunbaenim! You're the best teacher when it comes to stars!" I grinned widely while giving him a thumbs up. He smiled and simply patted my head. I sat there confused as he carefully caresed my head. "In the end, we didn't finish reading 'that' book together." " what's 'that' book?" I questioned, " The book that started our friendship" he brightly said. "Ahhh! You mean that book about stars?". Sunbaenim nodded in agreement. "You're right!" I chuckled as I finally realized what he was talking about. "Why don't we finish it together sometime?" I offered. Sunbaenim only showed me a sad smile. "Hey......Hanna.." he called, "Yes?" I asked a bit confused. "Do you believe in peter pan?" He asked, "Hmmm, to be honest, I really don't know. But for me, I find him really amazing!" "Why do you say that?" He asked, " Because he never ages! And he can fly whenever he wants. Isn't it cool how he lives inside a star?" I reasoned. Sunbaenim simply nodded. "You do have a point. He IS cool!" He smiled. "But......" "But?" "I somehow feel sad for peter pan." I stated. "Why? A while ago, you were complementing him about how awesome he is." Sunbaenim said a bit confused. "Well......isn't it a bit sad how he never ages? He'll always be left out, he'll be the only one alone eternally...... but.." I trailed off. "But..?" " Still, I find him a somewhat model for me. Even though he knows that he'll be left alone in the end, he still kept on smiling and enjoying his life. Somehow.....I want to meet my 'real' peter pan. A 'real' peter pan who will always smile and laugh with me. A peter pan who will always stay with me until the bitter end." I smiled brightly. Suddenly, sunbaenim's expression became serious. "Can I be your peter pan?" He asked. "What?" I laughed, "Good one, sunbaenim!" I complemented his joke. His serious expression didn't change. We became silent for a few minutes. It suddenly became awkward between us. What's gotten into sunbaenim? Why is he suddenly like that? Is something wrong? 

"Hanna...." he paused, " i'm gonna tell you a story." "What kind of story?" I asked full of curiosity. "It's about a stargazer and a star...... Once upon a time, there was a stargazer who was always alone. One day, the stargazer found a beautiful star. He wanted to get that star no matter what, so every night, he would always look out his window just to see the star. After a long time of always looking at the star, a miracle happened. The star was finally within his grasp. He took good care of the star and kept it within his arms. Suddenly, he made a mistake which caused the star to vanish, without him knowing it. He searched and searched for the star everywhere. Unfortunately, it was nowhere to be found. He was deeply devastated and he felt in deep despair." He paused. " The stargazer really did like the star....... I somehow pity him, even though he's just from a story." I said a bit sad."But wait, the story doesn't end there....another miracle occured in his life." "Eh?" " When he finally started to lose hope in finding the star, another caught his eye. Though he tried his hardest to avoid any attachments to the star, he couldn't help it. He'd always find himself looking at the star every night. Though he's scared that the star would dissapear, just like his star before, he still took the plunge and decided to yearn for the other star. When he tried to reach the star, it seems too far away. No matter how hard he tried, he just couldn't seem to fully grasp it. Even though it looks so near, it just seems so far. Right now.......the stargazer is struggling to reach the star.....do you think......the star would accept him?" Sunbaenim ended while gazing into the night sky. I just sat there, not knowing what to do. The story that sunbaenim told me seems really deep. But still.....would the star accept the stargazer?...... even I don't know the answer. We became quiet for a few minutes. "I-I don't know.....maybe the star will!" I brightly said. He just warmly smiled at me while looking straight into my eyes. He suddenly pulled me closer to him, leaving me so shocked. My eyes widened as his arms wer wrapped tightly around me. I can clearly feel my cheeks flushed red. "U-Uh......sunbaenim? What are you doing?" I asked him. "Right now......imagine that i'm not your 'Sunbaenim'......right now, i'm just Luhan........ A normal guy who laughs, a normal guy Who hates, a normal guy.......who loves.." he looked at me with the most sincerest eyes. "W-What do you mean, sunbaenim? W-wha-..." I asked confused. 

 

"I love you..."

 

I froze as he said those 3 words. My eyes widened in shock as I felt myself almost fainting. I was happy.....I was really happy...

 

"......"

 

"Can you be mine?" He asked.

 

huh?......why can't I say anything?........I loved sunbaenim for a long time now.........but....why? ......why can't I simply say yes? Why....do I feel my chest hurting?.......i'm happy.....i'm really happy.....but.....why do I feel that something isn't right. Why..can't I say........that I love him back?