Broken

Heart Connection

The sun is now shining bright. The four of us are now eating our lunch. Luckily, Kai was so kind to prepare us some food. I grabbed the ham sandwich that Kai made. I took a bite and to my surprise, it was incredibly delicious! I didn't know that Kai was THIS good at cooking. I could only imagine how good his fried chicken would taste. My eyes widened as he showed me a container full of fried chicken. YASSS!!! MARRY ME. NOW. I hurriedly grabbed a piece and took a large bite. I could almost cry at how good it tastes. I'm sorry, sunbaenim. I just really need to marry Kai right now so he can cook me chicken 24/7!!! Can't I marry him? No? Okeh. "WOW! Kai, this is delicious!" I brightly said while taking enormous bites from the chicken. "Hehe, thanks." he said while lightly blushing. "How can you cook this good? Why didn't you cook for us before?" I asked, "Kai was really good at cooking, ever since we were kids. Cooking was actually his hobby. Even though he's really good at cooking, he's too shy to cook for other people other than me." Mari stated while forming a smile on her face. Kai shyly smiled while blushing brightly red. "This is really good, Kai! Thanks!" Sunbaenim said as he came closer and gave him a thumbs up. Kai just smiled brightly as we continued to eat in peace. After we ate, we decided to stroll around outside the tent. As we were heading out, a senior came up to talk to us. "Please gather around at the wide space over there. Our teacher is going to make an imortant announcement regarding the activities we're supposed to do today." the senior hurriedly said and walked away afterwards. We decided to follow her instructions and went to the empty area. Students started to gather around while Mari was still munching some of her cookies. Baekhyun was humming some tune to a somewhat familiar song. I thought hard on what song he was humming to. Suddenly, I remembered that the song was Mari's ringtone. Ahhh~ it must be a song from her favorite boy group, Exo. Wait, why does Baekhyun know this song? Hmn... Must be from the award show he was watching late last night. AISH! I came closer to Baekhyun and whispered. "Yah. Byun Baekhyun. Why are you suddenly humming that tune?" I asked. "Oh, this? I heard it from the award ceremony last night! It's awesome, isn't it? Exo is the JJANG! Chanyeol oppa is so cool~ " Baekhyun brightly said while grinning like an idiot. If ever Mari gets to know Baekhyun, i'm 100% sure that they're gonna be SO close! They're just too similar! While I was having a short chat with Baekhyun, the head teacher was already in front of the microphone. "Good afternoon, students! Thank you for participating in our short school trip. What i'm about to talk to you about today is regarding the activities we're about to do in a short while. Later on, the students asigned will give you the schedule of those activities so please don't leave just yet! Just remeber to be careful and have fun!" the teacher said as she exited the scene. Not too long, a student handed us the schedule for the activities. 

  • 1:00 - 2:30 PM : Fishing competition 
  • 3:00 - 5:00 PM : Treasure hunt ( by pairs)
  • 5:00 - 7:00 PM : Bug catching

Seriously? Bug catching? I'd rather let Baekhyun annoy me for a whole year! Why does it have to be bugs? It could've been um- fried chicken eating! I'd guarantee that I'll get the gold medal! I sighed as I looked at the third event. "EHHH!?!? BUG CATCHING?!?! I don't wanna!!!" Mari whined while pouting. "They said that if you finish all three events, you can raise your grade in a subject you'd like to-" "OKAY! Let's do this! I ain't failing math this time!" Mari said energized as she interrupted sunbaenim. O~h boy! It looks like i'm gonna need to do this! I need to raise my Math grade as well! I don't think I did well in my last Math test. "So you guys ready to fish? There's not much time until our first event." sunbae said. We all nodded and followed the map in the paper. It says that there's supposed to be a wide pond somewhere on the east. We walked for a few minutes, searching for the 'pond'. We stopped as we saw the wide blue sparkling pond infront of us. It looks like there were already students who came before us. Kai took out his camera and took a picture of the nice scenery. While sunbaenim and I were fixing our fishing equipments, Mari was still busy taking selcas with the pond as her background. After taking selcas for about a thousand times, she dragged Kai along to take pictures with her. Kai resisted at first, but gave up as soon as Mari did some aegyo for him and called him oppa. Sunabenim and I laughed at how cute they were together. Seriously, WHY AREN'T THEY BOTH A COUPLE?! They look so perfect together! I think Kai really DO love Mari, but Mari is just too dense to realize. She's too hung up about Chanyeol!... Hmn... I should really order Barkhyun to steal Chanyeol away from Mari! Yup! Imma really do it! Kekeke..................I should really arrange an appointment to a psychologist.. After finishing their pictorial, Kai and Mari started to help preparing the equipments. Each of us grabbed our own fishing rods and sat on the river banks. After being patient for the whole 20 minutes, Mari finally snapped. "AISH! Why aren't there any fishes biting?" she said while pouting. "Just be patient! They'll surely come soon!" sunbaenim said while giving off a warm smile. Mari sighed while she tried to make herself comfortable. Suddenly, Mari's rod caught something. "W-W-What should I do?" Mari asked while panicking. "Calm down first, Mari. Just try to reel it!" I said, hoping that it would calm her down a bit. " A-Alright." she said as she tried to do what I said. Mari struggled at first but started to get the hang of it. In the end she caught 2 fishes in total. I, as well, caught 2 fishes, while Kai caught 3 fishes. Sunbaenim caught a total of 8, thus making him the winner for this competition. WOW! Sunbaenim is no joke! I wonder how many chickens- erm I mean, fishes can he catch in an hour?

It was finally our break. We took a rest under the shade of a tree. Sunbaenim brought us some fruit juices for refreshments. We practically just chatted for the whole half an hour. Mari was cracking some jokes, while the rest of us laughed. Surprisingly, even Baekhyun was laughing. It's funny how the gang actually consists of five people, and i'm the only one who knows it.

After our break, we proceeded on the next event. According to the game leader, we could choose our own partners on our own will. Mari immediately chose Kai while winking at sunbaenim. Sunbaenim was a bit shocked at the turn out of the events. "Uh... Sunbaenim? Can I be your partner?" I asked, "A-Ah, yes. Sure!" he brightly said. Our quest was quite simple. We just need to find three flags and we're good to go! The first three pairs to finish will receive a special gift. As soon as the game master said go, all the pairs, including us rushed to find the nearest flags. We ran until we finally lost Mari and Kai. Without me noticing it, it was only sunbaenim and I that were left alone. I lightly blushed but I shoved it off. We were both too busy finding for flags. Too bad Baekhyun isn't here. He could've been a big help.... But that would be cheating! ...I wonder what's he up to right now? ......AISH! There's no time to think about Baekhyun right now! FOCUS! I Said to myself while making a 'hwaiting!' pose. I could hear sunbaenim chuckling, but I disregarded it. After a half an hour, we finally found a flag hanging on a tree branch. With the help of Luhan sunbaenim, we finally got a single flag. We wandered around the forest for more flags. We searched left and right but we still couldn't find another flag. We then tried to head north. To our surprise, there IS a flag hanging on the branch of a tree. Suddenly, another student came and noticed the flag. He rushed to get the flag first, so I ran as well. "YAH! Hanna! Slow down!" sunbaenim shouted but I ignored his warning. On a blink of an eye, I tripped on a root of a tree. As I fell down, I could feel the pain running through my veins. I had sprained my left ankle. As the guy took the flag and ran, sunbaenim rushed to my side with a very worried face. "Hanna, are you okay? Can you walk? Does it hurt here?" sunbaenim asked while pressing against my left ankle. I groaned in pain while sunbaenim quickly stopped pressing my ankle. "I-I'm sorry! I didn't mean to hurt you!" sunbaenim asked for forgiveness, "I-It's okay! Though i'm guessing I won't be able to walk for a while. You can leave me here, sunbaenim. Look for more flags! We only have an hour left!" I stated while giving him a thumbs up. "NO! I won't leave you here! It's too dangerous, now that it's becoming late!" "E-Eh?!? But ho-" sunbaenim cut me off as he carried me on his back. "S-Sunbaenim! You don't need to do this! I'm okay!" "No! I can't bear to leave you alone here in the woods! So just rest on my back, I will handle the rest!" he said while brightly smiling. " But I'll just be a burden!" "You were never a burden, Hanna! Just go to sleep! Trust me, i'll finish this for you". I just smiled and closed my eyes. Without me noticing it, I had already fallen asleep comfortably at sunbaebim's back.

After a long while, I woke up a bit confused. I was searching for sunbaenim, but I can't see him anywhere. Somehow, I found myself sleeping at a bench, near our campsite. I sighed as I glanced at my wrist watch. "Aish! It's already 6 PM?" I sighed once more as I tried to stand up. Unfortunately, I still can't stand or walk much. "Yah! Just sit down and rest!" a voice said behind me. I turned around to look at the person. Surprisingly, it's none other than Mr. Byun Baekhyun. "Oh, it's just you. Sorry, but I need to complete this mission to-" "Raise your grade in Math?" Baekhyun interrupted. I softly nodded at Baekhyun. "Don't worry! Luhan completed your mission before bringing you here." "Really? .... I see.. But the third event-" "You don't have to do that." he said with a reassuring smile. "But it's done individually!" I expained. He just smiled and showed me a jar full of fireflies. "I told you, didn't I? That you don't have to worry about anything." Baekhyun smiled while he handed me the jar. "B-Baekhyun, I-I-.... Never mind.." I smiled while lightly bushing. "Now, rest! Luhan will soon come to carry you back to your tent!" Baekhyun said with a sad smile while he dissapeared from my sight. I stared at the jar full of fireflies as my eyes twinkled in amusement. "Thanks, Baekhyun...." 

 Baekhyun's POV

As I left Hanna's side, I tried to search for more fireflies since it's the only bug that isn't really scary looking for Hanna. At this time, I hated myself. I hated myself for not being able to help Hanna when she sprained her ankle. I hated myself for not being able to carry her back to her tent. And most importantly, I hated how this is the only thing I could do for her. 

After a while, Luhan arrived to where Hanna was and carried her back to her tent. I quietly followed them. Even though it's still 7 PM, the sky was already dark. Luhan carefully placed her in her tent and told her good night. Luhan talked to the head teacher before approaching Kai and Mari who were sitting by the camp fire. He then walked by to them with a serious expression. I came closer to hear their conversation...

"Hey, oppa~ is Hanna okay now?" Mari asked, "Yup! She's fast asleep in your tent." he smiled. Both Kai and Mari sighed in relief. "Uh hey.... Um..." "What is it, Hyung?" Kai asked a bit worried, "I-It's about Hanna..." he paused. "What about Hanna?"Kai asked. There was a sudden long pause.

"I-I love her! And I just want you to know this before I tell her.."

The three of our jaw dropped as Luhan confessed his feeling for Hanna in front of us. Both Kai and Mari were left speechless. Before they could even say something, Luhan said something intriguing once more. "I'm going to confess.... Before we leave tomorrow." Luhan stated while his voice was shaking. Our eyes widened at the sudden turn of the events. Instead of questioning Luhan, Mari gave him a hug. "Hwaiting!~" "Good luck!" Kai and Mari said in unison. Luhan just nodded and smiled.

I left the scene and walked away. I was still confused on what am I supposed to do. Should I stop him? Should I tell Hanna? Should I let it be? I didn't know. My head was still a mess while I felt myself being crushed. Something inside me was hurting, and I didn't know why. My feet unconsciously dragged me in front of Hanna's tent. I went inside and sat beside her. I was staring at her sleeping face while I softly cares her head. Little by little, tears began to flow while my heart sank. At this time.....I knew..... I was broken.

"Hey, Hanna.." 

"...Would you think i'm greedy if I told you that I don't want you to be with Luhan......?"

"Would you think I'm greedy if I told you that I can't love anybody else but you?..."

".....Though I know it's impossible...."

".......Though I know that I-I should just.....be happy for you....but.."

".....Would you think i'm greedy if I told you t-that..."

"....I want to go back?...."

".....back when I was still.....  the only one in your heart...."