Connection

Heart Connection

I've gone crazy. I didn't know what to do anymore. But all I know is that i've got to see Baekhyun, I need to find him. "Oh, unnie! one more thing!" Sumin stopped as she hugged me. "Unnie..i'm actually gonna go to fly to the States later. And i'm gonna permanently stay there. I dont know if we'd ever meet again but i'm so glad that I met you again, before I leave. I'm going to miss you, unnie." she sadly said while tightening her hug. I simply smiled as I hugged her back. "I'm sorry, Sumin-ah. In the end, I really couldn't remember you. But I know that you really are someone special to me, deep inside. I hope you'll have safe flight later!" I hugged her for the last time while a tear escaped from my eye. I accepted the pot of flowers, while I bowed and dashed back towards my house. I ran as fast as I can. My legs started hurt, while I started to huff heavily. I can't hardly breath but I didn't mind. I wanted to see Baekhyun no matter what. I wanted to talk to him and release all my feelings. Most importantly, I want him to remain by my side forever...I may be selfish, but I would do anything just to let him stay, to give him another chance to live. I ran and ran, with no stopping. I even exceeded my own limits just to get to Baekhyun. If my hunch IS true.....then if the flower completely wilts, Baekhyun would dissapear as well, and my memories would come back....ANI! I'd rather not have my memories back for Baekhyun to stay! I then ran faster, even faster than anyone, than anything.

I arrived at home just a couple of minutes later. Though for me, those minutes felt like years. I rushed upstairs, hoping to see Baekhyun. Sadly, he still isn't there. I started to panic, as I searched my room once more. I then looked at the pot of wilting flowers. I burst out into tears, as I saw that it's now completely wilted. It's dried out, it's dead. I felt all the strenght inside of me draining out. I fell unto my legs as tears started to fall from my eyes. Baekhyun is gone....he dissapeared.. Is the only thought that echoed inside my head. I then cried my heart out as my sobs grew louder and louder. I felt my soul being taken away. Baekhyun, my first and only love, is gone? I don't believe it! or at least I don't want to. I wanted to escape reality. I want to break free from all the pain I am feeling right now. The feeling of despair and loss. Feelings that could already break me into pieces. I can't handle people leaving me one by one anymore. first, it sunbaenim, and now Baekhyun? I can't....I really can't! He was the one who always stayed by my side, the one who never left me even once. And now he just vanished? is he kidding me? right now, I just hope he is. I hope that all of this was a joke, a big prank. I wanted this to end, I want to wake up from this terrible nightmare i'm currenty having. He's gone....He dissapeared...he's not here anymore.......i'm never going to see him again! "STOP! STOP! STOP!" I shouted to myself, as I burst out into tears. I was filled with one thing: Pain. My heart, the heart which I stole from Baekhyun, is being crushed right now. It's as if it's about to explode once more. I never expected that I would be THIS depressed by the loss of Baekhyun. I could feel my world slowly dying. I am dying. I want to turn back the time when we were still together, when we were still laughing and smiling together. If I could reverse time, what would I do? would I talk more with him? Would I spend more time with him? Would I ...treasure him more? I could only think. But if I really could, i'm sure that I would cherish our times together more. I would make every second meaningful, as possible. I cried and cried for quite a while now. All my memories wite the only Byun Baekhyun flashed through me. All the fun times, serious times, and even times where we didn't even talk to each other. All of those times are dear to me. All of those times holds a significant meaning in my life. At that moment, I suddenly remembered something. Something so important. 

"But wait......I still didn't regain back all my memories yet!" 

I was shocked at my own realizatiion. AISH! Why did I forget something so important as this!....Does this mean that Baekhyun's still here? I asked myself confused. I tried to think harder on where Baekhyun could possibly be. "I checked almost every place her in Seoul, but there's no sign of Baekhyun. where could he be?" I hurriedly think of some places I haven't checked yet. Though my mind was still a mess, I thought the  hardest that I can. "Um let's see.....the restaurant? the pet shop? the mall?........wait...the school?" I stopped as I thought of the last place. "The school..."

"When you dissapear someday.....can I......at least say my goodbyes to you? Can you let me send you off properly?........Can we first watch the sunrise here in this spot before you go?......When I was still alone before, I'd always come here early to watch the sunrise, at this same spot....I want to at least bid my farewell to you here......I want to watch it together with you......at my favorite spot.....can you promise me this?"

My eyes widened, as I finally remembered what I had said to Baekhyun two months ago. "The....T-The small pond at the back of our school!" I said in shock. I jolted out of my room, as I ran as fast as I can. I was really hoping to see Baekhyun. I want to thank him for everything...and most of all.....I wanted to tell him my true feelings. My speed accelerated, as my heart continued to beat fast. Though my sight is a bit clouded thanks to my tears, I still ran anyway. As I finally arrived in front of our school gate, I hurriedly rushed towards that spot, that same place. I bent down and huffed, as I tried to to breath normally. As I slowly looked up, I saw a figure of a person.

Yes, it's Baekhyun.

I saw Baekhyun looking and warmly smiling at me while seated underneath a tree. I cried in relief, seeing that he's still here in front of me. I came closer and sat beside him, while my tears contunued to shed. "Yah! Why are you crying? I'm not even gone yet!" He chuckled. My tears didn't stop, instead it poured more. "Yah! It's not actually the right time to joke! I'm crying because .....because i'm so happy to see you, to hear your voice again. You're .....going to dissapear very soon, aren't you?" I said while continuing to sob. "Aish! This girl knows me so well!" He laughed. "But I did fulfill my your wish didn't I? To watch the sunrise here with you. Soon...the sun will rise." He said while he looked up the sky. " Right now.....I feel like I don't want the sun to rise." I sadly said. "Don't wish for that! Other people need the sun too!" He laughed. My expression remained, my sad expression didn't even change from his joke. " Baekhyun......why didn't you tell me? Why didn't you tell me the truth?" I asked as I looked straight into his eyes. "Truth? What truth?" He smiled. "No need to play dumb, Baek. I know that you died because of me." "YAH!" He shouted, "Never ever think that I died because of you because that's not the case! I died because I chose to, okay?" He said with a reassuring voice. Somehow, after what Baekhyun said, a thorn has been lifted within me. "Wait. How did you know?" He asked. "I met Sumin. She told everything" I said while observing his right hand. "Ah! So Sumin is here! I never expec-" "Your hand!" I cut his sentence off. He glanced at his vanishing right hand and chuckled softly. "Ah, this? Well, you do know that I don't have much time, right?" He smiled. "To tell you the truth, I was supposed to leave without saying anything. But when I passed by here, I thought otherwise." He chuckled once more. It stayed quiet for a while. "I'll repeat my past question. Why didn't you tell me the truth? I need a straight answer, Baekhyun." I asked with a serious face. "I didn't have the heart to do it." He joked. "Seriously, Baekhyun. Tell me " "Just as I said. I really didn't have the heart to do it. I was so scared to tell you the truth. I thought that you'd get away from me once you've figured it out" he looked straight at me. "I'd never do that, Baekhyun! But I won't blame you for not telling me sooner. It really may be hard on your part." I smiled. "I wonder if you'll miss me when i'm gone." He joked. "YAH! What are you saying? Of course I will!" I chuckled as a tear drop fell from my face once again. "Aish! You're crying again? Geez! You're such a crybaby!" He laughed. There was a moment of silence. "Baekhyun.....is there really nothing we can do about you leaving?" I asked while my eyes watered. Baekhyun didn't answer. He just smiled as he shook his head. More tears started to flow. "Hanna. Please don't cry. If you cry harder, it'd only be harder for me to leave....please. I don't want to leave you crying...instead, I want to leave you smiling like you normally do. That way, I'd leave assured that you're going to be okay." He paused. "I know that you'd still be doing great without me. I believe in you Hanna." He smiled. "Can I ask you a request?" He asked. I nodded as I tried to keep my tears from falling. "Please....find a man that will truly love you. A man that will do anything for you. A man that will stay by your side. I was putting my bet on Luhan, too bad he left before me!" He laughed. "YAH! Stop saying things like that? Didn't you hold feelings for me? Why would you do tha-" " I''m asking this favor because I love you so much!.....I-I can't stand to leave sulking alone!" He loudly said. "But what about me? What about my feelings?" I paused as my tears continued to flow. "I love you, Baekhyun! I really do! To the point that I might go crazy! Call me selfish but you're the only one I love and will always be the only one! Please......please don't say that I should love somebody else than you.......please don't say that you'll be happy with me being with another guy.....it really hurts, Baekhyun....it really hurts." I loudly said as more tears flows down my cheeks. Baekhyun sadly smiled at me as he looked at me with the most sincere eyes. "I told you not to cry, didn't I?" He chuckled, "If it really hurt for you, then there's no choice then!" He sighed. "What?" I asked full of curiosity. "I'll just have to go back then! When I come back to you again, i'll make sure that i'll never let you go. At that time, i'll make 'Forever' happen." He smiled. As he said those words, I finally stopped my tears. Though what he just said was the most impossible thing to happen, weirdly, i'll still try to believe in it. I'll still believe that he'd come back for me soon. When that time happens, i'll make sure that we WILL have our happy ending.

little by little, the sun is slowly coming up. "Look Hanna! the sun is rising!" he brightly said. "W-What? Why so soon! Why?" I asked while I tried to sustain my tears. Baekhyun sighed. "So I'll be going after it completely rises, huh?" he chuckled. "C-Can't you stay a little bit more? Please!" I begged. Baekhyun just sadly shook his head, as a small tear drop flowed in both of our faces. "Hanna.....please forget about me, forget about...the times that we were together." he sadly said as more tear drops flowed down his face. "Why? Why should I? All of those times are important to me! And you're far more important to me than anything else, Baek-" "But it will only make you sad!" he loudly said, enabling me to finish my sentence. "It will only make you suffer! I-I don't want you to experience more pain...." he trailed off, as his eyes continued to tear up. "So pleae....can you......forget everything that happened ?" he said as a sad smile appeared on his face. "It's not easy, Baekhyun! to forget someone dear to me....someone I love...." I softly said as I finally broke down into more tears. "I don't want to forget anymore! ....I don't want to erase anyone from my memories!" I loudly said. "Then let's do this.....let me do a special spell to erase all your pain....to erase all the sad moments, just like now" he softly smiled. "Huh?" I asked while my eyes were still filled with tears. "close your eyes and don't ever open them before I finish my spell." his voice cracked. I then remembered that dream I was having. So it was Baekhyun after all......  "But before I perform this spell......I want to sy thank you.... for all the love....for all the times we've been together....Hanna...I love you! even if death do us apart.." he trailed off. My eyes continued to release more tears. I also started to sob loudly. At that moment, I could feel Baekhyun hugging me. "Hanna, repeat what I say......Leave it, forget it. Don't think about it. Goodbye......Goodbye ......May you never again come by..." as he said those words, I really can't stop myself from crying. "YAH!" "Please...Hanna.." Though it really hurts for me......I knew that i've got to do it.

 

"Leave it......Forget it"

...No.........

 

"Don't think about it...."

...Please...

 

"...Goodbye...Goodbye.."

...I...I-I.....i'm begging....

 

"May you never again........come by..."

......Don't leave me....

 

As I said the  chant, I was drowning myself with my tears.  I opened my eyes, hoping to see him with his usual smile.....but then I finally realized....

 

"He's gone..."

 

At that moment......I've lost the most important person in my life...

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

A year had past since Baekhyun dissapeared. After that scene with him, I DID regain all my memories. Though, there's nothing much that had changed, since he left. Kai, Mari, and I were still hanging out, as always. I've also gotten contact with Sumin and all of my friends back at our old place. How am I? well I'd say that i'm doing fine. Though at first, I didn't attend school for a week, but that's all in the past. Ofcourse I haven't forgotten about Baekhyun. I mean, how could I? he's still the only one I love. Right now, i'm working at the same flower shop Sumin and I met. My boss is really kind, but it's kind of hard for only the two of us to work here. The store is really quite big. I was spraying some water to some flowers, when someone came to me..

"Do you like those stargazers? they're actually my favorite" the man said. "Nice to meet you! it's good to have finally found you, Hanna. It's weird how I can't remember anything, besides you." he chuckled.

As I was about to turn to him, I accidentally sprayed my eyes with water. "Aishhhh!"

He then laughed at me. "Oops, I forgot to tell you! i'm actually your guardian!" he smiled.

My eyes widened as I finally saw his face...

"Hi! my name is Luhan!" he brightly said. 

I dropped the sprayer in shock, as I ask myself if I was dreaming.

"Oh, there you are Hanna! I want you to meet our new employee!"  Mr.Park brightly said while signalling someone to come in.

My jaw dropped once again, as a small tear drop escaped from my eyes.

"Hello! my name is Byun Baekhyun! I just transferred in this area. It seems like we'd be going in the same school. Nice to meet you, hoobae!" he brightly smiled.

I was really REALLY shocked at first, I can't believe that the tables have turned! But I then realized that i'm not dreaming! I then flashed them all a bright smile. "Nice to meet you,too!" I chuckled.

 

At that time, I thought to myself that fate isn't cruel at all.

It just needs a right time and a right place.

In the end, we will all meet each other again.

It's simply because..

We are all connected!