Chapter 6

87 Steps to Kim Jongdae

 

 

 

 

 

Eunsol was a little too early for their first class. She wasn’t really able to sleep well last night. Why? She couldn’t wait for school. And it’s all because of a certain guy.

 

Kim Jongdae.

 

And she suddenly wondered why she’s thinking about that annoying guy. Well, he’s not really the annoying type that you’d actually want to strangle in the neck. Instead, he falls into the type of annoying persons who are annoyingly pleasant to be with, if ever that kind of type existed.

 

He was a bit arrogant. But not too much. Maybe he has his daily intake of self confidence. Eunsol chuckled at the thought as she watched her classmates enter the room one by one. And she was getting disappointed as the face that she’s looking for doesn’t appear.

 

So he comes to school late?

 

She glanced at her watch. “5:30.” She read as she impatiently tapped her fingers on the table, waiting for him to come.

 

Today, what side of him will she be able to see?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jongdae hummed a song quietly as he stood a few meters away from the school gate, watching everyone who goes in. He was waiting for Eunsol. And Jongdae thought it’d be a good idea to wait for her at the school gates so that the first thing that she’ll be seeing in the morning will be no other than him. Jongdae unconsciously smiled. He can already imagine what would happen if Eunsol showed up anytime soon and saw him.

 

First, she’d be surprised. If I say something, for sure she’d be rolling her eyes at me while shaking her head. If not, maybe Eunsol would---

 

“Chen-ah!” a cheerful voice caught his attention. Jongdae turned to the person calling him and saw Luhan pacing towards him with a wide grin. “What are you doing here at the gates?” Luhan asked him.

 

“I’m a part time guard here in case you’re not informed. And I’m busy doing my work. Now, shoo.” Jongdae lightly pushed him away with a straight face trying to act all tough and mighty, just like a real guard.

 

His friend didn’t seem to enjoy his joke. Like the usual. “Seriously. What are you doing here? Are you waiting for someone?” Luhan asked totally ignoring the fact that Jongdae actually mentioned a joke earlier.

 

He simply nodded. “I’m waiting for Eunsol.”

 

“Eunsol?” Luhan’s brows furrowed. He was thinking about where he heard that name. It seemed awfully familiar to his ears. He just don’t know who mentioned it. His thoughts were interrupted by the light push Chen was giving him. “Go now or you’ll be late Hyung.”

 

“What about you? You’re going to be late too if you don’t----“

 

Chen smiled as he patted his chest arrogantly. “I’m a transfer student. I’ll just say that I lost my way here inside the campus and had trouble finding my room. I think I can use this excuse for about 2 weeks. Isn’t it cool?” He asked smiling cheekily at his friend.

 

Luhan shook his head disapprovingly at him. “Abuse of power.”

 

Chen chuckled heartily in response. And Luhan smiled in return. “About what Tao did yesterday, we’re s---“

 

“Don’t mention it. It’s fine.” Chen interrupted him the moment he brought it up. Luhan didn’t look convinced. He was about to say something but Chen placed his hand over his shoulder. “Really. It’s fine.” Chen added.

 

Luhan gave him a small nod not wanting to prolong talking about it. “Okay. I’ll be going now.”

 

Chen nodded back at him and watched his friend walk away. And then he remembered his reason why he stood near the gates for almost 45 minutes now.

 

Park Eunsol.

 

“Just when will she arrive?” He was getting tired. He fished out his phone from his pocket and texted her, asking where she is right now. He was about to press ‘send’ but then he realized something.

 

He doesn’t have her number.

 

Great. Jongdae groaned thinking if he should just go to class or continue waiting for her. Suddenly, the school bell rung. And that means he doesn’t have any other choice but to go to class even if it was against his will.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jongdae entered the room and was surprised when he saw Eunsol on her seat talking to a random classmate. When did she arrive? He frowned as he walked towards his seat beside hers.

 

“Why did you go to class without me?” was the first thing that came out of his mouth the moment he was near her.

 

Eunsol looked up to him, a little bit confused of what he was saying. “What?”

 

Chen sat beside her with a scowl. “I’m asking you why you went here without me.” He repeated his question as he squinted his eyes at her.

 

She studied him. He seemed annoyed. Scratch that. He was beyond annoyed. “I …came to school early that’s why I’m here.” She answered him carefully.

 

“Early?” Jongdae closed his eyes as he deeply sighed. He seemed like he was about to explode.

 

Just what is he so mad about? Eunsol thought.

 

“Do you know that I waited for you at the gates for like 50 minutes?” Jongdae muttered like a 6 year old kid throwing tantrums around. His high pitched voice was going up.

 

Eunsol stared at him. “Why did you wait for me?”

 

“To see you what else?” He was still annoyed and he didn’t even notice that Eunsol was blushing because of what he said.

 

“But you’re going to see me here in the classroom. Why did you wait for me at the gate?” She couldn’t help but ask.

 

Jongdae made a face at her before turning away. “Forget it.”

 

 Eunsol just stared at him in silence. He’s absolutely mad. And he’s behaving like a kid. What’s more is she finds it cute. How is that even possible?

 

Suddenly, Jongdae turned to her.  “I waited for 50 minutes near the school gate. I was looking carefully at everyone who’s passing by just to check if it was you. I think I even memorized their faces because I was intently looking at them. Some even glared at me thinking that I’m some kind of ert. But I’m not! And it was cold! I didn’t have any jacket or coat. I thought I was going to die due to severe freezing. And now you’re telling me that you went to school early? What kind of reason is that?” He ranted on and on.

 

And that’s when he heard Eunsol chuckling. With wide eyes, he turned to her, still couldn’t believe that she was just laughing at his misfortunes. “Are you laughing at me?”

 

Eunsol nodded at him. “Kind of.”

 

He rolled his eyes as he shook his head. Unbelievable. She’s really unbelievable. He thought. Jongdae just took out his phone and handed it to her. “Punch in your number.” He demanded her, still he’s not facing her for he’s still annoyed.

 

“No.” Eunsol answered flatly.

 

He looked at her as if he really wanted to do something that he couldn’t. “Why not?”

 

“I have this weird feeling that you’ll be taking control of me once you have my number.” She mumbled quietly but loud enough for him to hear.

 

“Ha!” Chen laughed mockingly at her. “I don’t need to know your number to control---“

 

“Exactly! So stop asking for my number okay?” Eunsol grinned at him fakely and then grabbed her things from her bag. Classes was about to start in 5 minutes so she better get ready.

 

Chen frowned. What was so hard about giving me her contact number? He thought as he eyed her from the corner of his eyes. ”Just wait Eunsol-ah. I’ll have your number before this day ends.” He mumbled to himself with a determined look on his face.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Eunsol-ah!” Jongdae ran towards her who was still arranging her things in her locker. Eunsol turned to him. He was clutching his chest as he panted. Beads of sweat are trailing down the side of his forehead and he looked panicky. It’s obvious that he ran all the way to her. And he looked like he needed help. And it seemed serious.

 

“What is it?” She asked curiously.

 

Jongdae stretched out his palm, still catching his breath. “Can I… can I borrow your phone? An emergency happened and my phone’s out of battery. My friend was -----“

 

“Here.” Eunsol immediately handed him her phone as soon as she heard the word ‘emergency’. Jongdae tried to stop his smile from coming out by biting his lips together. “Thanks.” He eyed her as he took her phone and started dialing a number. His number.

 

He dialed his own number just to get Eunsol’s number.

 

“What? Why isn’t anyone picking up?” Eunsol asked him worriedly when she noticed that no one’s picking up. She really believed that it’s an emergency.

 

Jongdae simply ended the call and handed her back her phone. “He must be asleep.” He reasoned out with a shrug. “Thanks for letting me call him by the way.”

 

Eunsol blinked. “That’s it? I thought it’s an emergency? You should call him again!” She insisted.

 

Jongdae shook his head with a smirk. “No need. It’s okay. I already got what I need.” He patted her head as he flashed her a smile.

 

“Thanks Eunsol-ah.” With that he walked away with a satisfied smile. He grabbed his phone from his pocket and saved Eunsol’s number.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Happy Valentine’s Day! <333

tumblr_n0tl7hYO0Q1sxaoh9o2_r1_250.gif

tumblr_n0tl7hYO0Q1sxaoh9o5_r1_250.gif

tumblr_n0tl7hYO0Q1sxaoh9o3_r1_250.gif

To those who doesn’t have a date, don’t worry. You’re not alone. Hehehe.

 

Did you guys listen to 'The Ballad' album? My favorite was 'A day without you' and Chinese ver of Breath. :DDDD Chen's voice is really perfect. ^^

 

I wil miss EXOST. :(

 

 

 

Yay for 100+ subs! Thank you guys. <333