Umbrella

If you were not here...............

Bomi's POV

 

" Don't worry anything, Bomi unnie. I will take care of everything here. Go home now"

Naeun said to me and I nodded. Eunji padded my arm as a cheering up.

" Don't worry, Bomi-ya. They can't do anything with this unfully evidences. I will tell paparazzi tomorrow."

" Thanks you, Eunji-ya. And Naeun-na."

i said and they just smiled at me.

* phone ringing *

I took out the phone in the pocket and checked who is calling. I almost dropped the phone when I saw the caller.

" Chorong unnie."

I don't think she is really calling. So I stared at the screen with wide eyes. Eunji looked at thr screen over my shoulder and she giggles.

" Hey, pick up the phone before it is hanging up."

" Oh, yes. I should."

I inhaled and slide the green line. I know why she is calling. I will be super happy when she calls me on normal days but for today, I am not happy. I don't want to face unnie now.

" Hello??? "

" Bomi-ya."

Her cute voice enters my ear and hit the eardrum producing melodelic sounds which cam be the most beautiful rhythm of this earth.

" Choring unnie??? "

" Yah, where are you??? "

Awww, I think she already knows everything. I sighed and tell her the truth.

" I'm at the police station. But I am done here. I will be home in half an hour."

" Bomi-ya."

" Hmmm "

I love to hear her calling me like this. So cute and I felt being loved.

Oh, I didn't mean she is loving me. I mean being called like this makes me to fee that I am not lonely. I can think like I have someone who cares for me.

" Are you ok??? "

She asked and I kept quiet. How can I answer this question??? This kind of questions have no answer. I hang down my head and she said to me softly.

" Bomi-ya, just come back home now."

" Yes. Arasso."

Why this is awkwarded to talk unnie with phone. We don't have to say anything. And there are gaps between one line and one line.

Finally, she told me she is hahnging up.

" I will hang up now."

" Yes. Thanks unnie to call me."

" Yah, calling has no need to be thanked."

" But you never calls me. And so I am happy."

" It's not the time to say like this. Come back quickly."

" Immmm."

Here we go again. The gap formed again and she hanged up first after a few seconds. I looked at the phone screen for no reason and smile before I slid it back to the pocket.

" Bomi-ya, Chorong unnie?? "

" Immm."

" Wae?? Is she worried for you?? "

" Yeah. I think so."

" Hmmm. That's can be said as Good in the middle of the Bad. Chorong unnie seems she does care for you."

Naeun said and I smiled only. Eunji worriedly looks outside and tells us.

" Yah, it is raining and you don't bring your car, right?? Come in with our car. We will send you off at your house."

" No. I want to walk alone. I need to cool down my mind. I have to prepare for tomorrow. And my house is not far from here."

I said and reject their offer. They don't like my decision but they know to follow my words is the best so they let me to go by myself.

I said goodbye to 2eun and walked out of the police station. Thanks to god that no paparazzi knows that the police called us. If not, there will be a sea of people in front of this building.

The sneezing rain falls onto me and I become wet when I walk for about five minute. I saw many people running to the shelters or taking out umbrellas on the road. But the rain is not that much heavy.

I walk to my house with zombie steps and I was near to my house after about thirty minutes.

* phone ringing *

My phone vibrates again and I takes out to check the caller.

" Chorong unnie."

Ahhh, I have waated so much time on the road so she must be worried for me. I answered the phone.

" Hello unnie?? "

" Where are you?? How long will you take to reach home??? "

" Huh?? Wae?? "

I turned around the corner and spot a figure in front of my apartment with an umbrella. Awww, unnie, what are you doing in the rain???

" Ani. I am waiting for you . You will be home soon?? "

" No. After thirty minutes later."

I said while I walk closer to her. She doesn't see me and that's lucky for me.

" Really?? I get out too early??? "

" Wae, unnie?? Where are you?? "

" I'm in the room, of course."

I smiled at her cute white lie. I walk closer and closer. Now I can heard voice clearly.

" You really ok?? Why you can't come home now?? Should I come to you?? But it - "

She was cut off as I hug her from the back. She was frightened and about to scream but she realised that it was only me.

" Yah, what are you doing??? "

She said and about to run away from me but I hug her more tight.

" Unnie, please. One sec."

" Yah, it's embrassing!!! "

" But you waiting for me in the rain is so touching. Let me stay like this for a few minutes. "

I said and put my head on her shoulder. The umbrella in her hand dropped to the ground as she holds onto my arm which is hugging her by her shoulder level.

" You ok?? "

She whipered softly and I shook my head.

" No. I'm not."

I said and snuggle to her more. She sighed and padded my hand lightly.

" You know, everyday is not a sunny day. But we have to face many rainy days in our life. The only thing we need is an umbrella. We can wait under the umbrella till the sun comes out again or go to the destination we want to. Be patient Bomi-ya. This is still not the end."

" I know, unnie. I know."

I said and closed my eyes, sharing the warmth coming from her body. I felt bad for her as she is now wet too because of me.

" Unnie, you are wet. Sorry."

" No. It's ok. I'm ok."

She said and we stand in the rain for a few more minutes. Finally, I release her and face her.

" Let's go unnie. You will get a cold."

" That's what I should say to you. You just get well and standing in the rain for so long. I can't let you to fall sick again. Let's go inside."

She said and pulled me into the building. I don't forget to pick up the umbrella again before being dragged into the building. The securities look us with curious eyes. We are wet although there is an umbrella in our hand. We must be strange in their eyes.

I smile at them and we go back to our apartment.

 

 


Chorong's POV

 


Aish, where is she??? Why she has not come back yet???

I was worried so much for her. It has been thirty minutes that we talked on the phone. But where is she??

I hope nothing happens to her. She can't be in danger, right??? She can't be. But she should be at home right now.

I look outside and notice that it is raining. Oh, Bomi.didn't take her car. But I think she will come home with Eunji's car.

Wait, if she even comes with Eunji, she has to walk into the building in the rain. I have to wait for her.

I think and went down with an umbrella. The rain is not that much heavy but she is just get well so she should be careful.

I open the umbrella and walk outside. There is no sign of Yoon Bomi. Immm. I should call her one more time. If not, I can be burned by the flame of worry in my mind.

I dialled her number and she answers immediately. * Sigh * I'm relief now.

" Hello unnie?? "

" Where are you?? How long will you take to reach home??? "

" Huh?? Wae?? "

Wae??? Cause I am worried for you, pabo-ya. But I have to lie.

" Ani. I am waiting for you . You will be home soon?? "

" No. After thirty minutes later."

Ummm?? So I have to wait for her more?? Immmm, it's ok.

" Really?? I get out too early??? "

" Wae, unnie?? Where are you?? "

" I'm in the room, of course."

Why she has to ask me this question??? Well, I have to lie again. Aham~~ Aham~~

" You really ok?? Why you can't come home now?? Should I come to you?? But it - "

I was nearly dropped the phone and umbrella when something cold preased my back. And arms went to my shoulder level and hugged me by the neck. I was about to scream but I realise that it was Bomi.

So she is lying to me??? Wait, this is not the time say this. Why is she hugging me??? No. Ahhhhhh, my heartbeat!! My heartbeat!!! My heartbeat!!!

* du gun du gun du gun *

Focus Chorong. Focus. She is sad for the god's sake.

" Yah, what are you doing??? "

I said and tried to turn around and face her but she tightened her hug.

" Unnie, please. One sec."

" Yah, it's embrassing!!! "

" But you waiting for me in the rain is so touching. Let me stay like this for a few minutes. "

She said and put her head on her shoulder. Oh, no. She is snuggling to me. The umbrella in my hand dropped to the ground as I was so excitement and nervous. And I have to hold onto her arm to calm myself down.

No, Chorong. Comfort her. Comfort her.

" You ok?? "

I whipered softly and she shook her head.

" No. I'm not."

Poor Bomi. Why people can't leave her alone?? I sighed and padded her arm.

" You know, everyday is not a sunny day. But we have to face many rainy days in our life. The only thing we need is an umbrella. We can wait under the umbrella till the sun comes out again or go to the destination we want to. Be patient Bomi-ya. This is still not the end."

" I know, unnie. I know."

She said and her warm breathe passes my neck whenever she says a word. I totally love this moment. I don't care even I am now getting wet, both from the rain and from Bomi.

" Unnie, you are wet. Sorry."

" No. It's ok. I'm ok."

I said because I still want to stand in her arms more. So we stand in the rain for a few more minutes. But she released me and turned me towards her, ruining my bless.

" Let's go unnie. You will get a cold."

Oh, yes. I nearly forget. She is still not too well.

" That's what I should say to you. You just get well and standing in the rain for so long. I can't let you to fall sick again. Let's go inside."

I said and pulled her into the building. She picks upbthe umbrella and follow me without complainting. The securities look us with curious eyes. But we smile at them and enter the elevator and back to the apartment.

" Yah, Bomi-ya. Go shower quick. You are wet from head to toe."

" Yes, unnie."

I said and I walk into my own bathroom. I shower quick and change as I have to check on this kiddy gangster. When I get out from my room, she is already sitting in the living room. With wet hair???

" Yah, Yoon Bomi. Why you don't dry your hair?? Come. Come."

I said and pulled her into my room. I dried her hair with a hair dryer first and then gently dried with a new towel.

" Are you a five?? Why you can't even dry your hair??? "

" But I don't need to if I have you, unnie."

" Yah~~~ "

She said and I lowered my head in blush. She turned around to me and asks.

" Unnie, the things you say earlier, the umbrella on rainy day. "

" Imm?? "

" Can you be my umbrella?? "

I was surprised by her words. I looked at her without blinking and she explains quickly.

" No. No. Unnie. Please don't be mad. I didn't mean anything. I mean... I mean... You cared for me and I think... no... I hope... "

" Yes. I love to."

" Yes??? "

" I will be your umbrella if it is a rainy day for you. I will be a power source for you if you are weak. I will be a shoulder for you if you need one to lean on. So don't be so talkative. This is so annoying."

I said and a huge smile appears on her face. The next thing I know is that I was wrapped in her warm embrace.

" Thanks you, unnie. Thanks you."

" It's ok, Bomi-ya."

I said and I hugged hee back while hiding my smile in her shoulder.

I am happy that I can confort her. I am happy when she is happy too. Yoon Bomi becomes my inspiration before I know.


Bomi-ya, the words I just said really meant.

But I didn't say one thing.

I will say it when you ask me.


That is...

 

 


I will be your one and only lover who will be by your side till the very end.