16

The Ice Princess
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 16

 

 

 

Dara was busy humming away to a tune as she collected few vegetables and fruits she needed to cook for hers and Harang’s meal today. She rested hearing the gossip team. They would always scatter around here and Dara would constantly be nosey and eardrop. Some news was entertaining whilst others were too gruesome for her to hear. "Have you heard the latest news?" One of the mothers at the groceries started as she spoke to her gossip team. "The Keeper with all those kids is under attack. It's been all over the city and countryside." The bag of fruits on Dara's hand fell onto the floor as she heard the words escape the elder lips.

 

 

"Did you just say The Keeper?" Dara asked cautiously in case she heard wrong. Her heart beating erratically fast. Her palms started to get sweaty as she fiddled with them. Please not be true. Please not be true. She chanted in her mind.

 

 

"Yes. The building with the gifted kids." The lady responded. Dara stood immobile as the words bounced around.

 

 

She took a step back as she tried to take in the new news before sprinting back towards their home. Her mind was in chaos, whether she should travel back to The Keeper or inform Harang first. "HARANG!" Dara shouted but before she could head into the pathway that lead her to their house, a figure appeared from nowhere making them both bump into each other. "Ugh." Dara groaned feeling her body slam against the hard floor.

 

 

"Dara?" Her eyes turned the other direction hearing someone voice out her name.

 

 

"Minzy? What are you doing here?" Dara stood up, helping Minzy stand up too.

 

 

"We need to talk. It’s important. Can we go somewhere quiet?" Minzy smiled as Dara nodded. Although the place they were currently at was quiet, Dara decided to follow along. She was befuddled seeing Minzy here. How did she even find her? Nobody knew where she went unless they did their research or sniffed her out but Minzy wasn't capable of all that. Dara was busy walking ahead as she played around with her fingers, Minzy following closely behind. "I'm sorry Dara." She heard someone whisper.

 

 

"Did you say some....?" Before Dara could finish her sentence, Minzy had banged her head with a pipe making her lose her conscious.

 

 

-------

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter