1

The Ice Princess
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 1

 

 

 

The snow fell delicately as it touched the cold ground in defeat. The whole city was filled with 10inch snow. An extra layer of clothing wasn’t aiding them much as the wind continuously blew harder and harder.  Few humans were walking, more like hiking their way up the hill. "Faster!" The witch, Hanbyul sneered pulling a few towards her direction. They cursed in annoyance as the witch didn't allow them to rest for at least a minute. "We don't have all day. They will shut the main gate if we don't reach in time!" Her voice getting louder by the words.

 

 

She was dressed all in black, a favourite colour for witches. She was too pretty to be a witch but her attitude made everyone think otherwise and torment her. Her eyes quickly counted the number of gifted humans she had found; worried she may have lost a few on the way. It was her job to find gifted humans scattered around the world and take them to The Keeper. The Keeper was the name of the oversized building that sat at the top of the hill. The destination they were heading for. It was then the king’s job to choose a few of the gifted human that he had found favourable and take them in. Inside they were trained to heighten their power and strength for their rivals.

 

 

"Will you two hurry up please?" Another groan of annoyance escaped the human’s mouth hearing the witch. Her voice was so high pitched, it wasn’t a complimentary sound when they were starving and freezing. Their eyes landed at the back, following her dark black orbs. A girl with a cloak and a scarf wrapped around her face didn’t look up. She knew the witch was pointing to them. Her hand was holding onto a little boy who was having difficulties in climbing therefore leading them to slow down a bit.

 

 

Finally what took years they reached The Keeper. The gates were opened so they invited themselves in. The guards of course knew who Hanbyul was. A smile towards their direction they headed deep into the castle. Lights of each and every room were switched on. The new arrivals eyes scanned the whole area, already feeling welcomed by the heat that greeted them once they entered into the front yard.

 

 

A loud knock was heard throughout the whole castle, notifying the king and it's helpers that accompany has arrived. They knew who it was so nothing worried them. "Ah the wicked witch of the west is here. Hello." Hanbyul glared at the figure that opened the door ready to pounce him with her poisoned nails. Pushing him out the way, her eyes spotted the King heading towards her. The glare disappeared instantly, replaced with a smile. Bowing her head towards him, he gave her a slight nod. He was dressed correctly for the weather. A bear like coat, which embraced his small frame.

 

 

"Bow humans!!" She shrieked at the breathing flesh behind her. They followed her order instantly. "I have bought what you have been seeking for King." She smiled.

 

 

"Yes yes. I see." He nodded his head in approval. His eyes scanned the 10 gifted young adults stood right in front of him in a line. They were all avoiding his eye contact which only made his ego grow a bit. Clearly showing him the dominance and power he had.

 

 

"Take your pick master." Once again nodding his head, he slowly gazed at their faces until it landed on the last figure. His eyebrows furrowed in surprise. Why was she covering her face? The witch noticed his behaviour and quickly glared at the young girl. The girl however tightened her grip on the little boy’s hand. She was feeling extremely frightened of this whole situation. She didn't even want to end up here but live her life normally.

 

 

"Get rid of the scarf girl!" Hanbyul snapped. The girl took a big breath before removing the scarf around her face. Everyone just stopped and stared. Blinking a few times to see if they were hallucinating. "Youu...." The witch was lost for words.

 

 

The girl bit her lip knowing why they were gawking at her. She was beautiful as her mother termed when she was young a goddess. Her milky white skin was rare that matched well with her blonde hair. Her bro

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter