14

The Ice Princess
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 14

 

 

 

"You're the ice princess Dara, we need you here." Hyori spoke up noticing Dara's trembling figure. The frightened girl was busy clutching onto Harang, looking for any kind of escapade, any warmth to calm her down. She felt hot inside which was new. She realised it was due to all her emotions conflicting together. She knew it was wrong for her to just escape like that but for some reason she felt weaker than before. Seeing Harang’s state, Kiko’s immobile figure and Jiyong’s face.

 

 

"I'm sorry." Dara continued to whisper. She had no idea what else to say. She was confused. She didnt even know if she was making the right decision and for once she wished her mother was here by her side showing her the right path.

 

 

"How can you just leave? Everyone needs you here!!" Everyone froze hearing the King's sudden outburst. "Stop being so selfish!!" The heavy breathing of Jiyong only made it harder for him to voice out his words.

 

 

Tears continued to stream down her face as the words stang her heart. She shook her head continuously before speaking. "I'm not being selfish King Jiyong. I can't continue to fight. I can't do it. After what happened to Harang, I can't accept what will happen in the near future. They're getting stronger. Please I can't."

 

 

Jiyong clenched his fist as he witnessed the scene. "You're the ice princess for goodness sake! ing act like one!!!"

 

 

"Jiyong calm down." TOP muttered resting his hand on Jiyong's shoulder and giving it a light squeeze. But the latter was consumed with anger, pain and all sorts of foreign emotions. He shrugged TOP's hand away from his shoulder before heading towards Dara with long strides.

 

 

"We can protect Harang. Nothing will happen to him. I promise you Dara, just don't go. You can do this we all believe in you. You’re not alone. You have the whole of the keeper. You have the masters. You have me." Jiyong softened his voice as he scanned her face, stained with her continuous tears. His heart clenched at the scene and all he wanted to do was pull her into an embrace but stopped himself. She was his student. Nothing more or less.

 

 

"It's not just that...I can't stand watching...." Dara paused realising what she was gonna say next. It was inappropriate and would just create more problems. Taking in a large intake of breath she changed her words and continued. "Kiko is hurt because of me King. The first time it was Bom and CL. One after another I keep watching them get hurt....I can't stay any longer."

 

 

Jiyong shut his eyes as the words bounced around his head. His fingers clenched as he tried to remove the anger that was starting to increase. “Dara…” Jiyong mouthed slowly.

 

 

“I’m sorry King Jiyong. I’m sorry.”

 

 

"FINE! LEAVE! Get out from here! Guards take her away!" With one last look Jiyong swiftly turned away. He wanted to burst. He wanted the burning feeling inside to disappear. But to his dismay it only worsened. Dara's sobbing increased and it only pained everyone.

 

 

"No Dara!" Bom yelled as she eyed the guards take both her and Harang towards the main entrance. "Don't

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter