10

The Ice Princess
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 10

 

 

 

"Why do you have to go to The Keeper now? I don't think the King is taking any more gifted human until next semester." Han Byul muttered, annoyed that a young girl ruined her peaceful rest insisting she had to go to The Keeper. Only few people knew the route and everyone knew what Han Byul's role was. That's why it was easier for her to find gifted humans, as their parents will always inform her about any of their children. Gifted humans were rare and only few possessed high powers. For people who weren't gifted, accepted them and labelled them as superheroes or protectors.

 

 

"I wouldn't say I'm gifted or a shifter. I believe he will take me in once he knows who I am Han Byul." Her voice gave Han Byul the shivers and she felt strange being next to her. Something about the way she looks made Han Byul uneasy and she didn't know whether she was making the right decision for the first time. "You will get the money once we arrive."

 

 

That's right. She was doing it for the money. She doesn't care about anything else but the money. Han Byul gave the girl a small smile before walking ahead.

 

 

"Jiyong I hope we start off well." The girl muttered, touching the pendant placed firmly on her neck.

 

 

------

 

 

Bom and CL cuddled themselves in one corner of the room as they tried to keep themselves warm. It was cold in the room and the only person who wasn't bothered by it, was Dara. She was walking aimlessly around the room as she gawked at the 5 books. She was busy reading them hoping someone would come by and get them out before King Jiyong comes back and finds out. Bom still remembers the day, how he harshly told them they are banned from entering or even walking down that corridor. Although they all wanted their questions answered, nobody asked worried their life was at risk.

 

 

"What are you reading Dara? Just come here and let us borrow your warmth." CL shivered as she hugged herself tighter. Dara chuckled before heading their way.

 

 

"It's about the golden three. I want to know about King Jiyong's kind." Dara spoke up as she read through the never ending paragraphs.

 

 

"Look at her researching about her love!" Bom winked.

 

 

"Shut up!" The girls laughed before it grew silent again. "How did his parents die?" Dara questioned hoping the girls would know.

 

 

"King Jiyong's father had a terrible illness which weakened him and sooner or later he passed away. That's why King Jiyong had to take over such a young age; he's doing a great job though. Everyone is scared of him. They are all from the Royal family and their fathers fell in love with humans. Humans who aren't gifted are weak when they fall pregnant, and giving birth to a golden is hard. The mother dies once given birth." Dara gasped hearing CL. So Jiyong grew up all his life without a mother. Dara at least remembers few memories with her mother when she was young and once her mother left, she felt like her life was turned upside down. But growing up without a mother was another thing. She felt sorry for the golden three.

 

 

"So be happy you are gifted Dara you'll be alive seeing yours and King Jiyong's kid run around." CL teased earning laughter’s once again.

 

 

"Can you two stop teasing me?" Dara pouted gazing back at the book.

 

 

"No" Bom replied.

 

 

The smile on Dara's face vanished instantly reading the next paragraph. "The

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter