End of cold war

Friends Forever
"Like any other regular evening sessions,  the members of Hey! Say! JUMP devoted their full concentration and sweat to practice the dance moves and vocals for their new single Ride With Me. They finally got their well-deserved break after a 4 hour non-stop practice.
"hey yamachan, you okay? you are practicing so hard today." Chinen came over to sit beside Yamada
 
"i'm fine." Yamada answered with his whole body leaned against the wall.
"is it about Umika-chan? the two of you are acting so weird lately. either avoiding each other or quarreling. did you guys have a fight? well, you can always tell me."
"Chinen~" Yamada wanted to tell his best friend about the letter Umika wrote, but in the end he decided to save Chinen from such a complicated problem. "daijoubu, just a little hiccup in our 18 years of friendship. i have it sorted, no worries" he smiled to chinen reassuring him that everything is alright before Chinen went off to the other part of the studio to play with Yuya and Keito. 
 
"if you can't tell Chinen, perhaps I can help solve your problem? I'm not from Horikoshi anyway" Hikaru overheard the conversation and jumped into the seat beside Yamada.
 
Hikaru with his usual upbeat spirit persuaded Yamada to open up. Hikaru is seen as Yamada's neechan and he has always felt that Hikaru is very dependent, very cheerful and matured, and so if there's anyone who could listen to his problems, it's definitely Hikaru. Everything that happened in the past few days were laid on the table for Hikaru and he meticulously listened to Yamada.
 
"hmm.. that's tricky. if you felt the same way as she did before, then the feeling is mutual."
 
"what feeling?"
 
"well, i don't know how to put it, but it's something you need to ask yourself. For a start, relook at what you think of your relationship with her"
 
"friends, very good friends....bffs"
 
"hold on boy. don't be so quick to give a response. think through it properly. follow my advise and you'll be surprised with the results." Hikaru winked before getting distracted by Chinen, Yuya and Keito and joining them.
 
As usual, the innocent boy didn't full grasp the profound advise Hikaru and the older members gave, so he was left in deep thoughts.
 
--------------------
at night
 
"Umika! walk your friend out. it's late at night already."
 
"yeah I will.. Suzuka, you ready?"
 
"hai! lets go babe!"
 
the 2 girls walk along the dark street leading to the bus stop
 
"arigatou Umika. your tutoring is always the best! it's a pity you aren't interested in being a teacher"
 
"nope, never once thought of becoming a teacher" we giggled.
 
"ah Umika, what's wrong with you and Yamada-kun these days? you guys are either quarreling or avoiding each other"
 
"nothing's wrong"
 
"Umika~ you know, I'm always here to listen if you ever need me. we're best friends right" she threw her arm over Umika's shoulder, providing her a sense of comfort.
 
"hi girls!" a middle aged man with a yellow cloak suddenly jumped in front of them.
 
"heh?!" Umika pulled Suzuka away but the man still stood in front of them and block their way.
 
"I've something for you" all of a sudden he removed his cloak and flashed HIS BODY, HIS PRIVATE PARTS!
"omg!" both of the girls screamed but no one came to their rescue. They covered their eyes while the man threw his body over them. his private part rubbed against their trambling bodies, causing Suzuka to cry out loud. Umika, being the braver one, tried to struggle out of his strong grip but to no avail. "!!!"
 
"hey! what are you doing?!!!!" a familiar voice close in on the two girls, and they thought their saviour is here to rescue the damsels in distress!!!!!
 
Umika took a quick glance amid the chaos. he was wearing a pair of sunglasses and a smart causal suit. he looks like a knight~ he's Ryosuke!
"go away or I'll call the police right now, you bastard!" he gave him a nasty punch and he rolled on the floor. at the same time he grabbed his phone, while pulling them behind him. the man ran away immediately.
Suzuka cried loudly as she was badly traumatized.
 
"It's okay, Suzuka. it's me yamada. that mad man is gone." he held her shoulder and spoke gently.
 
he's so comforting that Umika thought if she was Suzuka, she'll calm down totally.
 
Suzuka wiped her tears and looked up. "yamada-kun" and then continued to cry.
 
"Chotto chotto. why are you crying again?" he panicked and looked at Umika for help.
 
"Suzuka, yamada-kun will protect us. cool down" Umika pats Suzuka on her back.
 
"arigatou yamada-kun" he giggled at her response.
 
"er... why not you girls drop by my house first. I'll drive you girls back home."
 
"honto?! yamada-kun, the pop idol is driving me home?!" Suzuka laughed, as if she has forgotten her worries.
 
Ryosuke burst out laughing and said, "you're hilarious Suzuka! I assume you have calmed down"
 
"hai. arigatou Yamada-kun!"
 
"I can walk home though. so I'll leave Suzuka to you." Umika waved to them and was about to leave, but he stopped her.
 
"nope nope. it's at least a street away. it's dangerous. just come along" he grabbed her arm and place his other free hand over Suzuka's shoulder.
 
"yamada-kun, you're really so kind. right Umika?  if only all idols are like you~" Suzuka said.
 
Umika nodded shyly as he continued to hold her hand and his other arm over Suzuka's shoulder. "did he even notice he's holding my hand? It's okay last time, but now when he has a girlfriend, isn't his warm hand reserved only for Mirai?" all these thoughts ran through her mind. Nonetheless, his intimate gestures like this makes both girls feel really safe.
 
"well, that's true. some idols are downright snobbish. but I am proud to say that Jump members are nothing like that." he said proudly.
"who are the snobbish ones?!" Suzuka tried to pry information from him.
 
"(laughs) you're really curious huh. but gomene, it's a secret" he laughed.
 
"anyway, Ryosuke, you just came back from practice is it?" Umika finally spoke something to him calmly after what seems like days of cold war.
 
he nodded. however, both avoided each other's eyes
 
"so... if you girls don't mind, could I take a quick bath before sending you back? I am afraid later when I come home, I'll just collapse on my bed."
 
"(laughs) he is a cleanliness freak" Umika mocked with the intention of dissipitating the awkward tension between them.
 
"hey!" he stared at her and then laughed when Suzuka responded. "of course I don't mind. you must be really tired and yet still offer to help us. we owe you one!" 
 
"don't mind him... he doesn't mind helping anyone. haha so no need return favors" Umika continued to mock.
 
"nande Umika! (he glanced at her again) not everyone I'll help... now I don't feel like helping you." he jokingly pushed her away and let go off her hand. he tugged Suzuka tighter. Oddly, that instant led both their hearts to sink for a moment.
 
"kidding" he quickly returned and grabbed her hand once more.
 
"you girls are my friends. of course I'll help"
 
"I'm really jealous of two of your friendship. you guys are so casual to each other" she looked at Ryosuke and Umika.
 
Both of them looked at each other's eyes, as though they both had alot to say to each other but don't know where to start. Pieces of the letter surfaced in Ryosuke's mind as he looked at her. All these thoughts were interrupted when Umika suddenly pinched his flexible cheek.
 
"yahhh itaiiiii! Itai!!you see, Suzuka, that's Umika's true colours"
 
we laughed. the Cold War between us is finally over, thanks to the flasher ironically. 
 
---
Yamada POV
 
I took a quick shower while Umika and Suzuka sat in my living room. when I'm done with my shower and returned to my living room, I saw the girls sleeping on my sofa. aw... I always find girls very adorable when they sleep.
 
"Suzuka-chan" I gently tap her shoulder to wake her up.
 
"ah gomene. we fell asleep." she was about to wake Umika up but I stopped her.
 
"it's okay. she can stay over in my house. I'll just drop her mum a call. give me a minute~" I dash up to my room and grab a blanket, and pull the blanket over Umika.
 
Suzuka stared at me and smiled.
 
"nande?"
 
"nothing~ just really jealous about how you two are so thoughtful for each other.. having yamada Ryosuke tug you in bed and staying over in your house are probably all your fans' hopes and dreams... Umika has it all."
 
I smiled, "Suzuka, I'm just a normal being too... anyway come on" I brought her to my car and drove off.
 
"Kawashima-san, yamada here." I called Umika's mum while driving Suzuka.
"ah yes, yamada-kun"
"Umika will be staying over at my house today, is it okay?she fell asleep when she's doing her homework"
"of course. thanks for letting me know."
"hai~ oyasuminasai Kawashima-san"
 
I returned to my house and saw Umika still dead asleep on my sofa. I am afraid that if I were to carry her up to my bedroom, she'll wake up, so i decided to just leave her as she is. I squat beside the sofa with her face just an inch away from me and stared at her peaceful face. My heart started to beat really fast. The more I looked at her, the more I have the urge to (...) i brought my face closer to her and my lips even closer, until there's only less than a milimeter away...i was about to plant (a kiss?! on her lips) when she suddenly tossed and turned, facing her back against me.
"what the hell are you thinking, Yamada Ryosuke?!" i scolded myself for the ridiculous act and retreated to my bedroom. I laid down my head down on my table, thinking about what Hikaru said, about the letter, and about my unexplained act earlier towards Umika. It's all so complicated that I couldn't understand at all. Ahhhh, forget it. I collapsed on my bed and shut my eyes, letting the fatigue take over my aching body.
----
next morning
 
Umika POV
 
I opened my eyes only to realise that I'm in Ryosuke's house.
 
omg. I stayed over without telling my mum?!!!! she's gonna kill me!
I looked around and there's no one in the first floor. I ran upstairs and shouted, "Ryosuke!!!! I'm in deep trouble! where're you?!"
 
I see no one in his room so i burst into the bathroom.
 
"WAHhhhhhhhhhhhh! UMIKA, I'm BATHING!!!!get outttttt!" a Ryosuke screamed while he's soaking in the bathtub!
"WAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!omg!!!! Gomen!!!!!!!!!" I panicked and wanted to exit the toilet immediately with my eyes closed. unfortunately I didn't notice a puddle in front of me and I slipped and fell backwards..... falling right into the BATHTUB, on top of Ryosuke!
 
*Splash!!!!
"WAHhhhhhhhhhhhh Umika!!!!!! goodness!!!!!you are really ~ CLUMSY! quickly get out!" he panicked.
 
"omg omg!!! this is so embarrassing" I blushed and panicked so bad I was shaking. I couldn't even get a firm grip of the railing beside the tub, that I fell in once more. this time my hand landed on (?)!!!
 
"WAHhhhhhh UMIKA!!! your hand!!! get it off my ***!!!!! itaiiiii!" Ryosuke jerked.
 
my face is blushing like a hot tomato, realizing the whole episode is just too embarrassing to picture.
 
"Ryo, are you okay? I heard your scream" Chihiro asked from outside the door.
 
"Shhhhh!" Ryosuke cupped my mouth and stopped my struggling, causing me to sit back on top of him in the bathtub. I held his shoulder tightly in, while he wrap me around my waist to prevent me from hitting any sensitive spots.
 
"nothing Oneesan! I just saw a cockroach that's all" I could hear her laughter.
 
"if she knows about this, the whole family will mock me for life"he whispered. Just then we both realised that our face was too close to each other. We looked into each other's eyes, as if mesmerised, and slowly i moved my face closer to his...my lust is activated again in this awkward situation, but his hotness is just too irresistible for my heart and mind to refrain from anything.
 
Then another voice brought us back to our senses. "Oi Ryosuke! Are you coming home for dinner? Mum wants to know" Chihiro shouted to Ryosuke.
 
"No, I have practice!" Ryosuke replied. He sounded frustrated.
 
"face that way and don't peep!" he instructed softly while helping me get out of the tub.
 
"hai~" I was still trembling and too shy to face him after what just happened.
 
by the time he faced me, he's already dressed in his bathrobe. he took a peep outside the toilet and the next moment, he grabbed my arms and sped right across the corridor into his bedroom.
"your clothes are drenched. here, wear this first. He grabbed a plain t-shirt from his wardrobe and a pair of  jeans. you face that way while I face this way, okay?!"
 
I was still dumbfounded that I fail to respond.
 
"Umika? Umika!!!!" he shook my shoulder.
 
"ah okay okay" I quickly responded.
 
"you're seriously~ really clumsy, Umika!" he said frustratedly once more.
 
"hontoni gomenasai. I was just worried that my mum will kill me because I didn't tell her I'm not coming home."
 
"I called her for you already. goodness, it was crazy just now. forget about what you saw, what you touch just now, UNDERSTAND?"
 
"yes sir~"
 
"you better be. and you owe me a favor! a really big favor!"
 
"yes, anything"
 
I can't tell if he's furious about my sudden intrusion which led to this chain of epic events or is he frustrated over something else. Whatever it is, I better agree to everything he asks for now. I'm just not prepared for another cold war. Moreover, my mind is still confused about what i just attempted to do in the bathtub.