Say something

THE ROYALS
"what?"
 
Kris takes his hands away, and puts them inside his pockets. "you heard me"
 
Chanyeol knows all the risk on going somewhere with Kris. It would only cause more rumors, and right now Chanyeol's names is in everyones mouth. And not in a good way. "give me your cell phone" Chanyeol blinks as he obeys Kris orders. He gives him the cell phone. "call me when you have a answer" Kris gives the cell phone back to Chanyeol, he ruffles his hair too before he leaves.
 
Chanyeol stands there confused. Kris just asking him out, he was back to the sweet boy he knows Kris can be. Now he feels he understands the world alittle. Or maybe neither.
 
 
Chanyeol sits in the patio as he reads one of his favorite book. But his brain couldnt comprehend the words. He wasnt even looking at the book, his eyes are down and from afar it does seem his looking at his book. But his eyes are just above the words. "hey what are you reading?" Chanyeol feels a small hand in his shoulder, he closes his book and looks at Suzy who takes the sit next to him.
 
"oh just bedtime story" Suzy takes away the book away from Chanyeol, to look at it closely. Chanyeol freaks out seen other person touching his book. It was really special to him. "goodnight moon, my nanny used to read me this" she gives the book back to Chanyeol, and Chanyeol right away puts it on his bagpack. "you have a free period too?"
 
"im the president, i walk around doing errands for teachers" Chanyeol nods. Suzy looks at him, but Chanyeol has a thing of not looking at people in the eyes. So i again it looks like Chanyeol is looking at Suzy, but his only looking above her. "like your mom" "yeah, we are the heirs after all" he has heard that everyday of his life.
 
"so your going to be a lawyer like your dad?"
 
"i dont know"
 
Suzy snaps her fingers remembering something, "or are going to take care of your grandpa's company?"
 
"i dont yet....and you?"
 
"my dad wants to marry me the son of his vice president, my mom wants me to take care of her investments"
 
"which one do you want to do?" Suzy puts her index finger in her lips, "i like both" Chanyeol pokes Suzy's forehead, "then do both!" Suzy laughs, "your right! i'll be like extra rich" Chanyeol grins with a small nod. "hey, im sorry about the whole rooftop thing" Chanyeol nods, "its wasnt your fault" "its kinda funny if you think about it"
 
"how so"
 
"you were supposed to see the whole school, thats why i send you that high. but instead you saw Kris"
 
For Chanyeol it wasnt funny, not one bit. It was more like it was meant for him to see Kris. His future. Chanyeol shakes his head, "im sorry i have to go" he stands up, leaving a confused Suzy.
 
 
Chanyeol opens the door of his home. "mom, im home" a maid waits for Chanyeo to give her his bagpack, "food is ready young master" "thank you shin" she grabs the bagpack, and takes it upstairs to Chanyeol's room. Chanyeol walks in the long halls as he goes to the livingroom. When he opens the crystal doors, he sees his mother sitting down drinking wine.
 
"hello mother" Chanyeol kneels down so he can put his head in his mothers legs. "is something wrong Chanyeonnie?" "no mom" Mrs. Park starts to  Chanyeol's hair, just like when he was little. "what are you doing today?"
 
"theres a school dance tonight"
 
"are you going?"
 
"i dont know"
 
Mrs. Park makes a clicking sound with her tongue not liking Chanyeol's answer. "Chanyeol honey, you have stop saying 'i dont know' all the time, is not polite or right" "sorry mother" Chanyeol raises his head to look at his mom. "oh my little boy is so grown up" Mrs. Park caresses Chanyeol's forehead and moves down to his cheek. "im going to lay down mom"
 
Chanyeol stands up and bows a goodbye to his mother, before he goes upstairs. When he opens his door, he sees the maid cleaning. He always had a soft spot for Shin. The older maid took good care of Chanyeol when he was little. Mrs. Park went through depression when Chanyeol was young, making him more close to the maid, and his father.
 
"im almost done cleaning" Chanyeol lets his whole body drop to the bed. "its fine" "are you doing something special tonight? or you just gonna spend your time in the computer?" Chanyeol grunts, "at least people from the computer are not mean to me" Shin walks to Chanyeol to slap him in the , "hey that hurt!" Chanyeol says as he touches his .
 
"you would stand up to them just like your father teached you" Chanyeol cover his face with a pillow, "its not simple Shin, he said it was going to be.....but its not" Shin sighs, "so your going to let them continue?" Chanyeol lays down facing the other way, not wanting to look at the maid. "what if the person causing all of this, is actually someone im kinda interested?"
 
"why would you be interested in him?"
 
Chanyeol closes his eyes, "Shin when your done please close the door" Shin grabs the three dirty shirts, and leaves the room. When he hears the door close he opens his eyes again. He doesnt know why he said those words.
 
 
In the end Chanyeol decides to go to the dance. He enters with a blue jacket, and black pants. Even when it was just a school dance, his mother told him 'whatever you do, reflects on us.' So Chanyeol had to go back to his room, and change.
 
When he enters the room, he sees Jongin dancing his heart out. All the dance floor was for him, and he was showing himself off. Not that anyone can blame him. Chanyeol begins to clap at the rhythm of the song, "his good isnt he" Jongdae comes from behind Chanyeol, he takes a sip of his wine. Even when it was a school dance, they go to a rich school.
 
Rich school means the best of drinks, and the best foods. "his amazing" Jongdae puts his arm around Chanyeol, "his in a bad mood though" Chanyeol looks at Jongdae then back at Jongin. "how can you tell?" "by the way his dancing, its not just dancing, his letting go of frustration." Chanyeol looks at Jongin trying to see what Jongdae sees.
 
But it was hard for him, he only sees a kid with a talent. Amazing talent to that. "you must know Jongin pretty well" Jongdae smirks taking that as the highest compliment, in the history of compliments. Everyone has trouble reading Jongin. Sometimes when he smiles, it doesnt mean 'hi', or 'i like you', or even 'your funny,' no it means 'get out of the way'.
 
Even when Jongin is quiet, and serious. It doesnt mean 'im mad' most of the times is, 'can you listen to my problems?' No one could tell those things apart, only Jongdae. "well we know each other for a very long time, more than a care to remember" "why? feeling old?" Jongdae hits Chanyeol in the arm, as he sticks his tongue at him.
 
"im not that old"
 
"i know, it was a joke" Chanyeol continues to clap, as Jongdae grabs another glass of wine. "why is he mad though?" "its probably for all the rumors," Chanyeol stops clapping, waiting for Jongdae to tell him. 'we cant hang out with you anymore'. Everyone else already made sure to make him invisible. He only need it Jongdae, and Jongin to go away.
 
"its not much about the rumor though, is more of hearing Kris name" Jongdae sees how tense Chanyeol start it to get. "he did said he hate it him, but this much?" "oh its more than just a simple 'hate'. those two went out" Chanyeol takes his eyes away from Jongin, and looks at Jongdae. He was feeling abit weird. The fact that Jongin went out with Kris.
 
It was not normal, it was not right. "how long?" "uhm...." Jongdae takes a sip of his wine. "the 10 grade and summer" "why did they broke up?" Jongdae raises his eyebrow, it was a long story. And he knows it well, but he also knows Jongin hates it. So Jongdae tries not to remember the whole story. "Kris is started to act all weird, and Jongin didnt like him anymore"
 
"what kind of weird?"
 
The music stops, and Jongin ends with a cool stand. All the girls want to jump him, but Jongdae goes up to him first. No one want it to mess with Jongdae. It was so obvious that Jongdae likes Jongin. Chanyeol was about to walk towards Jongin to congratulate him, but his eyes fly to Kris. Kris makes him a sign to the doors. Chanyeol nods. Kris walks first, Chanyeol waits two seconds before he follows him.
 
Kris opens the doors, and he stands in the hallway. Chanyeol comes out and stands infront of him. "what do you want?" Kris puts his hands in his pockets. He was wearing something familiar to Chanyeol's clothes. But it was less formal. "why didnt you call me?"
 
"because i want it to come to the dance"
 
"we could've come together"
 
Chanyeol snorts, "oh so there could be more rumors about me? no thank you, i shouldnt even be here" Chanyeol was about to walk away, when Kris stops him by grabbing him by the arm. "wait,"
 
"dont go, talk to me"
 
"how about you start telling me about you and Jongin?" Chanyeol looks at Kris, Kris slowly lets go of Chanyeol. Chanyeol smirks feeling like he just won. But in a way it hurt him. Whatever Jongin and Kris had, it wasnt easy for Kris to talk about it. And Chanyeol can tell that. "hey Kris, oh i didnt mean to interrupt" Sehun says.
 
Kris looks at Sehun, then back at Chanyeol, "i keep this one" Kris goes inside with Sehun to the party. Chanyeol wishes he had stay at home.
 
 
The school dance ends around 9. Black mercedes and other kind of expensive cars wait outside. "see you tomorrow Chanyeol" Chanyeol waves goodbye to Jongin, and Jongdae. Each of them get in their own car, and drive away. Chanyeol's home wasnt so far from the school, so he decides to walk home. He feels like he needs time to think about alot of things.
 
As his a block away from school, he can hear loud steps behind him. "are you gonna follow me home, so you can kill me there?" Chanyeol doesnt bother turning around, he had a clue of who it was. "no, but i want to make sure you get home safe." Chanyeol chuckles, "so you can continue to bully me?" Kris backhugs Chanyeol. "i dont bully you"
 
"then what do you call all of those rumors?"
 
"i just wish we could be friends, without anyone knowing" Chanyeol takes Kris arms away from him as he turns around, "like secret friends?" "yes! you like that idea?"
 
Chanyeol want it to punch Kris, if he wants to keep their friendship in secret how can Chanyeol trust him? "go home Kris" Chanyeol continues to walk in the lonely road. Kris stands there, he actually thought Chanyeol was going to say yes. But not feeling right letting Chanyeol walk home alone, he follows him. This time, he doesnt make a conversation.
 
Neither does Chanyeol.
 
They both walk under the moonlight, hearing each other steps. But both of them finding peace at the sound.