seven

Traveler's Love

HYEONMI POV

 

 

I really feel bad to ______. She’s waiting for me at home now, but I’m still can’t go home now. That ing lecturer asked me to do this and that, to stay longer in campus and help her arrange this and that. Haah~ I promised ______ to take her lunch in downtown today.

 

“Hyeonmi!” someone called my name. Oh. That’s Eunmi, one of my Korean Friends.

 

“Eunmi! I thought you don’t have ay subject today. Why are you here??”

“Thay Killer Lady, your favorite Lecturer, told me to come here to record a new piece” another recording? Geez that Killer lady.. Btw. Eunmi and I are currently studying in post modern music major. Yes, we’re studying music. Basically I’m in piano section and Eunmi in singing.

 

“I think I know what piece you’ll play. That woman told me to do the same thing this afternoon”

 

“Really? You have to help me Hyeonmi. I’m begging you”

 

 

“Okay. But, can we have lunch first? I’m starving..”

 

“Okay let’s go. I’m hungry too”

 

We walked to the canteen. It’s strange that the canteen seat is almost full. This canteen is usually empty because the place is quite far from main campus. This is not even at lunch hours. Me and Eunmi are queue up in Food counter.

 

I only choose Gimbap,made from rice wrapped in dried seaweed (Kim), the contents vary from vegetables, fried eggs, fish, meats, etc. and Bindaetteok,pancakesmade from a mixture of green beans, onions, and kimchi for my lunch today. Just ordinary food,  because I never used to eat any peculiar Korean food. While Eunmi choose mul naengmyeon, thin noodles made from buckwheat flour (wheat type), served with beef bone soup, plus a variety of spices, vegetables, boiled eggs and beef.

 

When we’re eating our meals, suddenly Eunmi choked in surprise.

 

“Eunmi! Are you okay?” I asked her and gave her a glass of water.  What’s wrong with this girl? She gulped the water hastily, seemed like she has something to say.

 

“Hyeonmi! Look it’s him! He’s here, he’s here!” she said excitedly. She pointed at someone behind me and forced me to look at him. So I turned my head to look at the person who made Eunmi choked.

 

“Who..”  I cut my question as I saw this boy eating his meal with his friend.

 

“It’s Kyuhyun Oppa! Super Junior Kyuhyun!” Eunmi whispered me. Kyuhyun? What is it? Why is he here? When they said the world is truly narrow, they really meant it. The world is truly narrow! What should I do? I feel very bad if he knows me here yet I don’t greet him, in the other hand, I feel a little angry to him for his perception toward my sister.

 

“Hyeonmi? Yah~ Hyeonmi?” Eunmi voice interrupted my deliberating. I have to greet him first. Just so as not to look rude.

 

“Kyuhyun-sshi…” I called his name cautiously. He looked up too see who’s calling his name and then he saw me.

 

“Hyeonmi?!” Kyuhyun said in disbelieved. He looked so shocked. So did Eunmi.

 

 

Maybe ______ was right. I must be out of civilization. I’ve been living in Korea for more than 2 years, but I never knew what Super Junior is. Even if Super Junior’s Leader is my favorite cousin! And now, I’ve been studying in Kyunghee University for almost 2 years, but I never knew that Super Junior Cho Kyuhyun is currently studying here too, in the same major with me! What’s wrong with me?

 

After finished our lunch, Kyuhyun and I talked for a while in the canteen. In order to hide what were we talking about, we decide to talked in English. At first I thought he’ll be offensive to me, but he was the one that asked me and Eunmi to sit in his table.

 

“So you really are studying here? In the same major with me?”

 

“Yeaah.. You can ask your friends if you don’t believe me” he said to me and giggling.

 

“No need to. Now I know why the canteen seat was almost full” he laughed at my sentences.

 

“So, Kyuhyunnie.. I just talk to the point, what happened with you and ______ that night?” he looked a little shock at my straight question. H didn’t smile anymore and sighed.

 

“I knew you’ll ask it..” he murmured

 

“Dae.., What happened then?” I asked him again.

 

“Nothing happened that night, Hyeonmi” I gave him a glare as I didn’t believe that there’s nothing happened that night. If there was nothing happened, then why I found my little sister crying in Sungmin’s arms? “Okay, okaaay.. Stop glaring at me like that”

 

Finally Kyuhyun wanted to speak up about that night. He said he knew that Sungmin and Siwon had already told me and ______ about his opinion towards a fan. He knew that Siwon and I still keep in contact until now, Siwon told him about me and _____ lot of times. Siwon also told him that I didn’t know anything about Super Junior, that embarrassed me, but basically it’s the same thing with Siwon’s and Sungmin ‘s story. But thn he asked me,

 

“So Hyeonmi.. How’s ______?”

 

“She’s fine. Actually she’s here in Korea with me now. She’s preparing for college entrance examination” He’s a little shock when I said ______ is here in Korea.

 

“Oh.. She’s here..”  

 

“Yup... You wanna meet her?”

 

“No! Ehh, I mean.. I don’t think that.. hahh~” he said panicky and then sigh, “This is difficult to say. Mianhae Hyeonmi, but I must admit, I don’t wanna see your sister. I’m sorry”

 

What?! I thought I was very rude to ask him straight to the point few moments ago, but then he told me, straight to the point, that he didn’t want to see my sister? Now who’s the rude one?

 

“Dang, that’s rude. But it’s okay. I just asked. It’s not like she wants to meet you or something..”  Did I sound mad?? Cause I am mad now!

 

I almost forgot my appointment with my lecturer if Eunmi hadn’t hesitated to nudge me and whispered me about that. So I ‘m saying goodbye to Kyuhyun and about to leave him, but then I forgot something to say,

 

“Oh, would you please say my regards to Leeteuk-sshi?” Hihihihi I swear Leeteuk oppa wilh LOL-ing if he heard that.

 

“Regards? Why? You know Leeteuk?” Kyuhyun asked confusedly. I tried to hold my laughter into a smile. This is fun. He didn’t know that Leeteuk is my cousin.

 

“Just say my regards too him. And don’t forget it!”

 

 

 

YOUR POV

 

Audrey really upset me today. She broke her promise again! She said she will take me to a restaurant in downtown for lunch. But then she said she couldn’t do it that she had something important to do in campus. Didn’t she know that I’m tired eating my own cooks?? But thanks to my beloved cousin, Leeteuk, who’s willing to replace Audrey and take me to lunch. Leeteuk picked me up at home and took me to eat pizza. I told him that I’m not used to eat Korean Food yet, so he suggested me to eat pizza. I thought, why not? Pizza would be fun.

 

And it is fun! Leeteuk is really a funny person. He doesn’t seem like a 27 years old man to me. He really loves his dongsaengs, Icould tell from the way he talked with enthusiasm about his dongsaengs. He talked about their 4th album preparation, that he had to build his abs, how tired he is in that preparation, but he didn’t complain. He never complains.

 

“Well oppa, I can’t wait for your new album, but you can complain to me and Aud..I mean Hyeonmi if you’re too tired or something. We’ll give you grandma’s soup to boost up your strength!” I said to cheer him up. Leeteuk oppa

 

“Ahahaha. You’re the first one I call if I’m too tired or sick, then. Cause I really love grandma’s soup”

 

“You just want the soup, don’t you? Haha. But you really take care of your body, right? Cause last week Hyeonmi said you texted her at 3am and asked her to accompany you get some food.. Is it right?”

 

“Ne.. I did texted her. But she was sleeping.. Why?” he asked me, confused

 

“Oppa. It means you didn’t take a good care of your body. You’re not sleeping at 3 am? What did you do??” I asked him worriedly.

 

“What?? I never sleep at 3am, I mean rarely. I usually went to the gym, exercising around that hour, or just sitting alongside Han River and ate snacks with my ryeowookie, but wookie couldn’t accompany me that night so I asked Hyeonmi”

 

“You hardly ever sleep at 3am?? I was in my dream world at 3am! Don’t you know it will ruin your metabolism system?”

 

“Yah~ ______-ah, it’s okay you know.. I always eat vitamins and eat well.. Don’t worry. Beside, if I get sick, you and Hyeonmi will bring me our grandma’s soup right? Hehehe”

 

“Geez oppa.. The point is, you should sleep well okay. It’s a waste, you’re still young, don’t broke your body at this young age..”

 

“Omona! You’re the first one who call me young! Am I that young? Do I look like my early 20’s?” gosh.. This guy is really.. How could he make a joke now?

 

“Ya ya ya.. Whatever oppa, whatever…” he just laughed at my annoyed expression. I guess he really didn’t want people to worry about him.

 

 

 

We’re really having fun this afternoon. Leeteuk oppa really fulfilled my dream for having a big brother. He bought me food and ice cream. He also promised me to take me shopping with him. I can’t wait to see him again, since his schedule is really tight.

 

 

KYUHYUN POV

 

Aaaah~ Seriously. I thought preparing this new album won’t be too exhausting like this. How could we practice for hours non-stop? We’re in our practice room since 4 hours ago. I was really happy when Hyuk hyung and Donghee hyung told me that I’m the new main dancer in our new hits, but I never knew we’ll practicing like this! Everyone is suffering now. I really want to complain but then I saw no one’s complaining, even heechul hyung. But my legs are really hurt now. Maybe I should just sit now..

 

“Yah! KimKyu!” Heechul hyung called me. It must be Heechul hyung. He’s the only one who calls me KimKyu.

 

“Dae,hyung~”

 

“Gwenchana?? You look tired” what? Did he just worry me?

 

“Yah’ Kyuhyunnie, are you okay?” asked Sungmin hyung

 

“Kyuhyun-ah.. You still can continue this? We can stop practicing if you want..” asked Leeteuk hyung. What? Suddenly all hyungs worried about me. They gathered and asked me if I’m okay or if I’m tired, etc.

 

“Aniyoo. I’m okay hyung.. Come on let’s continue” I told them as I stand up.

 

“Okay then. Every body gets up! Get your positions!!” Leeteuk shouted and ordered everyone to get up, we’re gonna practice the dance again.

 

“Miinah~ everyone, Miinah dance! Get your position!”  Miinah is our new hit song for our next new album. Hyukjae hyung as the lead the dancer once again told us to get our positions. Then the music starts.

 

When I moved my legs and dance, I swear my legs are really hurts. I feel like crying. But I still have to dance. After all I did my part well, no mistakes. And here comes the part when I have to slide like I break dancer. I love this part, but it really kills my legs.

 

“How to keep loving you? Naega jinjja nege jaralge idaero nal sseogyeo

Dujima~” that’s my other part and one two three..sliding! KRACK!

 

GOD!! It hurts! It hurts! Seriously I can hear my bones cracked! No,no. I have to stand, so I stand up. But then I fell again.

 

“Kyuhyunnie!!” Sungmin hyung was the first one who saw me fell. After he shouted my name, everyone looked at me and gathered. They worried at me.

 

“Gwenchanaeyo? What happened? Kyuhyun-ah!” asked Leeteuk hyung

 

“Teuki hyung~ my leg, it hurts” I said, whining. It really hurts, so it’s okay to act spoiled a bit, right?

 

“What?? What happened with your leg?!” heechul hyung asked me as he checked my legs carefully.

 

“I don’t know. Maybe it’s because of the sliding..”

 

“You should go to the hospital, kyuhyunnie” Donghae hyung spoke.

 

“I’ll call manager hyung. Can you wait for a moment, kyuhyunnie? You just sit here” said Leeteuk hyung

 

“Okay hyung.. But hurry..” Yes, I’m whining again…

 

Leeteuk hyung called manager hyung in hurry but he still sat beside me and holds my hand. So does the other hyung. Sungmin hyung brought me a fresh towel and a bottle of pocary. Everyone took care of me. I don’t like to get injured like this, but I really enjoy the moment when I’m the center of their attention.

 

“Our manager hyung will come in minutes, wait I’ll get some spray medicine for your leg” Leeteuk hyung said as he stood up. But suddenly he fell.

 

“Aaargh!!” he groaned. What happened, Teukie Hyung?!

 

“Hyung!!” we shouted as one.

 

“Argh!!! My back!!” he groaned again. What happened with his back?

 

“What happened?!” Everyone is in panic now. Leeteuk hyung groaned in pain. He said he can’t stand up.

 

“My back is really hurt!!” Leteuk hyung kept touching his back and groaning, “I can’t..ugh! I can’t stand up! Help”

 

“No hyung! You just sit here. Maybe we should call manager hyung again. And your both family” said Hechul hyung firmly.

 

“I’ll just text my Mom” Or…not. Maybe I won’t. It’s not good to let my mom worried so much about me. I’ll just lie to them.

 

“You MUST text her KimKyu. Don’t you try to lie to me” Geez, Is he a psychic or something? I never could lie to him. Only to him. Maybe he’s s evil as me.

 

“Dae, hyung. I won’t lie”

 

“Then Teuk Hyung. Why don’t you tell your parents?” asked Heechul hyung.

 

“Right, Hyukjae-ah, gimme my phone” Leeteuk hyung ordered Hyukjae hyung to take his phone in his white bag as he pointed that bag. Hyukjae hyung immediately got up and took the phone then give it to Leeteuk hyung.

 

“I’m not gonna call my parents since they’re on vacation now, but I still call my relatives”  Leeteuk hyung called someone from his cell phone. I don’t know whom he is calling right now. It must not her sister since he wasn’t very close with In-Young noona, not like me and my noona.

 

“Ahaha. Shut up! You promised me. Listen, it is really hurt now. I’m gonna go to hospital, aha….no no no, it’s not like I broke my ribs. Ok calm down. Just visit me tonight, okay? Yeah..I know I know.. aha.. hemm.. okay thanks. Oh! Don’t forget the soup! Ahahaha! Okay bye” We starred at Leeteuk hyung who talked on the phone cheerfully. I believe it’s not his sister. His girlfriend, maybe?

 

“Hyung! That’s your girlfriend?” asked me right after he hung up the phone.

 

“You witty-magnae! No, she’s not” see? It’s a she. She must be his girlfriend

 

“Yah~ Teuki. Why should a girl bring you soup when you’re in hospital if she’s not your girlfriend?” asked Heechul hyung.

 

“Because she’s my cousin” oohh.. right. Leeteuk hyung once mentioned her in Sukira when I was DJ-ing with him.

 

“You have a cousin?! How old is she?!” asked Heechul hyung enthusiastically. I thought Heechul hyung wasn’t excited with girls. LOL.

 

“A cousin? I have so many. And you can’t touch any of them” Leeteuk Hyung answered.

 

“Yah! I just asked! How old is she? The one on the phone with you” Heechul asked him again more anxiously. We’re all sighed. Geez this man seriously. Did he forget we’re injured right now?

 

“Who called me last minutes are 22 years old.. And 19 years old” Leeteuk answered in oddly proud tone. Heechul hyung disappointed because he thought Leeteuk hyung’s cousins were older. Wait, talking about relatives.. I suddenly remembered about Hyeonmi message.

 

“Teuk hyung. I have something to tell you” I said.

 

“What is it, kyuhyunnie?”

 

“I met this girl in my campus days ago, she’s my campus mate. She told me to pass her regards to you” I said to Leeteuk hyung

 

“Regards? From who?”

 

“Emm.. From a girl named Hyeonmi” Sungmin hyung, Donghae hyung and also Siwon hyung shocked when I said Hyeonmi. Maybe they were confused of how I could meet her.

 

“Hyeonmi? Jinja? Ahahaha. Okay thanks kyuhyunnie” Leteuk hyung said as he held his laugh. What?? He really knew Hyeonmi?

 

“Hyung.. Who’s that girl to you?” asked Sungmin hyung. But just when Leteuk hyung about to answer, our manager hyung entered the room in panic. Leteuk hyung didn’t get any chance to answer that question since our manager hyung immediately took us both to the hospital. I can saw a few fans were waiting for us outside the window and took some pictures of us. I swear our injured news will be in the internet after a few hours.