Travelling Japan (part 2)

Traveler's Love

After finished lunch in a restaurant, they headed to 109 building to spend some money in shopping. Once inside it was like nothing they imagined. There were girls crammed up into walkways, guys who were waiting as blocking the traffic. Shop girls screaming and failing their arms even fighting for clothes with the other girls. It was cramped inside, and with the sheer amount of humanity packed in it was just impossible for them to shop.

Instead of going inside 109 building that at the time was really crowded and turned into a warzone between girls, they chose to explore Center-gai street that famous as the birth place of Japan’s Youth fashion.. They entered every boutique alongside the streets and bought a lot of things.

Once they’re enough with Shibuya, they went to Harajuku by taking a train on JRYamanote Line. They were once again exploring Harajuku for shopping. It seemed like there wasn’t enough time for them for shopping.

“I feel like my hands are going to pulled off” _______ groaned, “We’re shopping too much”

“Your hands? What about mine? You’re not the one who’s holding these shopping bags” Kyuhyun raised his hands to show her the shopping bags. He was holding 4 big shopping bags on his hands.

_______ looked guilty, “Really? Oppa, I’ve told you, you didn’t have to bring all the stuffs by yourself. I can hold mine, you know. Let me take mine..”

“Naah~ I’m kidding. No way you will bring these. Just tell me this is the last show we’re going to enter.” Kyuhyun said with pleaded eyes, making ______ laughed.

“Yah! From the last 4 shops we entered, I’ve told you we could just stop shopping. But you’re such a shopaholic!” She slapped his shoulder playfully, “This is the last for me, but I don’t know if you can stop shopping and enter another shop”

Kyuhyun shook his head and smirked, “I don’t know too. Just force me to stop shopping later. This is the last shop. End of story”

“You’ve said that before.” She sighed, “Let’s just go inside, shall we?”

Kyuhyun placed their shopping bags in the bags custody then they entered the shop. The shop called Oriental Bazaar. The shop was one of the largest souvenir shops in Tokyo that were very popular among foreign travelers in search of typical Japanese souvenirs. It was located in Omotesando Street.

 

“What should we buy here? They only sell souvenirs.. Should we buy some?” ______ wondered as they were looking trough the rack in the store.

“I don’t know, maybe I’ll buy some bottles of Sake for hyung-deul. Or maybe a Shodo (Calligraphy) set for Heechul hyung, he loves to calligraphic his name”

“And I think I’ll give Sake too for Grandpa, Audrey already gets the LV dress from Omotesando, so I think we just have to search Sake and Shodo set, right?”

“Right. I’ll buy 4 bottles. Do you think it’s enough for my hyungs?”

“I think it’s enough. Let me talk to the worker over there..” ______ talked to the worker guy to ask him some help with the souvenirs. Kyuhyun was stunned that she was actually talking in Japanese to the worker.

“You speak Japanese?” He asked when she got back to him.

 

“A little bit” she answered in Japanese, “I’ve told you I’ve lived here for few months..”

“Oh, right. Of course you can speak Japanese”

“Excuse me, Miss..” the worker approached them, “Yours are ready in the cashier, do you need anything else?”

“Oppa, do you need something else?” she asked back to Kyuhyun and got a no answer from him, “Well I guess that’s all, then. Thank you..” she thanked the worker guy.

They were following the worker to the cashier and then queuing to pay everything they’ve bought. Something caught Kyuhyun’s eyes when they’re waiting in line. He excused himself to ______, saying that he wanted to see something. After a few moments he came back again with two big boxes.

“What are these?”

“Emm.. Paintings?” Kyuhyun answered unsurely and made _____ furrowed her eyebrows, “Siwon hyung told me to buy some paintings. You know he has such taste with these things”

“Oh, I see..”

The sun almost set when they finished shopping and went back to their hotel. As soon as they arrived at their room, Kyuhyun threw himself to the bed and rested while _____ took a shower. After she was finished her shower, it confused her that Kyuhyun wasn’t sleeping on the bed, he was nowhere in their room. He left without saying anything to her. When she was just about to call him, the door bell rang.

She opened the door and revealed that it was Kyuhyun in front of the room with a middle aged woman behind him, ”Where are you from? I thought you’re sleeping..”

 

“I didn’t feel like sleeping anymore” He walked inside the room and the woman followed him.

“Oppa, who’s this woman?” She whispered at him

“This is Suzuki-san,” The woman smiled and bowed to her and she bowed back, “She will help us with these” Kyuhyun showed her the boxes that he bought in Oriental Bazaar before.

“With paintings?”

“These aren’t paintings actually. Open it. This is yours” Kyuhyun handed one of the boxes to her.

She opened the box and surprised to see what was inside the box. It was one set of Yukata, “Yukata?! You bought me a yukata?! A pretty one!”

 

“I bought one for me too” Kyuhyun grinned. He was happy that she liked the Yukata, “You’re gonna wear it tonight, with Suzuki-san’s help”

“For what occasion?” ______ furrowed her eyebrows. She was confused as she didn’t remember they’ll attend any occasion where they need to wear a yukata.

“We’re going to watch Fireworks Festival tonight!”

 

************************************************

 

“I can’t believe you actually planned this!”

Kyuhyun smiled at the excited girl. She said that for the nth times. He knew that she would react this way when he planned that they will wear Yukata and watch the famous and the biggest Fireworks festival in Sumidagawa River. (a/n: Okay I know Sumidagawa fireworks festival was actually on 31st July, and KRY Japan concert was 1st August.. But let’s just imagine that the festival was happen on a day after KRY concert ^^)

“I knew you’re up for something when I saw you’re not in the room…” Kyuhyun just nodded and smiled. The girl beside her was really fun to watch when she was excited like that, “Don’t you know that Sumidagawa fireworks festival is the biggest fireworks festival in Japan? It’s only once a year, and I can’t get to watch it when I was here..”

“Really? Well we’re lucky to watch it, then”

“Yes, we’re lucky. And the yukata too! It’s so fit! You know it’s kinda hard to find a yukata that fits your body size? But this is really fit in me. And to think that I didn’t choose it by myself..”

“I don’t know about that.. I just chose the beautiful one..” He smiled wider, “And you make the yukata even more beautiful..”

_____ instantly blushed, “Thanks..”

“You’re welcome.. So, we’re waiting for the fireworks now.. Aren’t you excited?”

Her eyes showed excitement again and made Kyuhyun smiled at that, “Of course! They said we won’t just see ordinary fireworks, but also the rare ones like Doraemon shape fireworks, or love shapes, etc”

“Actually my first plan was we’re going to watch it directly in the festival, but my manager didn’t allow it. He afraid I’ll be recognized in the crowd like that” he pointed at the crowd that was far from them. It was like thousands of people there. “I’m sorry if we could only watch the fireworks here in a river cruise..”

“Are you kidding me? We’re having dinner on a nice boat cruise while watching thousand fireworks on Sumidagawa River. This is the best!”

“Really? Thanks.. I’m glad you like it..”

The waiter served the food for their table then suddenly the fireworks popped on the air. The Fireworks Festival was finally begun. Everyone there cheered and watched the fireworks in amazement.

“Oh, God.. This is really beautiful…” _______ awed. Her eyes were glued to the fireworks display.

“Yeah, right.. Beautiful.” Kyuhyun couldn’t stop smiling. Beside the fireworks display, he also enjoyed the beautiful view in front of him, “Are you happy?”

She diverted her eyes to Kyuhyun and smiled genuinely, “I’m happy, oppa. Thanks a lot.. I won’t forget this night”

 

**********************************

 

It has been a long day full of fun and happiness yet tiring for Kyuhyun and ______. After shopping till drop, having dinner on a river cruise and watching Fireworks display, they went back to the hotel and sleep. That’s the biggest problem. How will they sleep?

Kyuhyun was gone to the Onsen, a public hot spring bath, in the hotel. He was dying to go to the Onsen and decided to go at night since there were only a few people in Onsen at night. ______ who didn’t go to the Onsen, took the advantage while Kyuhyun wasn’t in the room to call her friend, Sulli.

“What should I do?!”

“I don’t understand why you should confuse like this. It’s just sleep, what’s the point?”

“Sulli-ah, if you really got my point, I said we’re going to sleep in one bed, ONE SAME BED! Me and Kyuhyun oppa!”

“I get it, I get it! You don’t have to shout. Geez~” she sighed, “You’ve slept in the same bed with Heechul oppa before..”

“How did you know that?!” _____ cut her sentence

“Heechul oppa told me. So you’ve slept with Heechul oppa, what’s wrong with sleeping with Kyuhyun oppa?

“You know, if anyone heard you talking like that, they may think I’m such a or something..”

“Onnie, you know what I mean..”

“Yes, yes.. But that’s different! I’m so nervous right now, it feels like I’m going to give away my ity tonight!” Sulli burst her laugh after she said that,

“Stop laughing!”

“You’re so funny, Onnie! Are you wishing he’ll take away your ity tonight?”

“Yah!! I’m not saying that! Aiish..” Suddenly the door was opened by Kyuhyun, who was just finished taking bath, “Oh my God, it’s him! Ottoke?!” She squealed in whisper

“Onnie, calm down, calm down, it’s just sleeping. Nothing will happen, okay? Relax!!”

“Okay, thanks. I’ll call you later, bye!” She abruptly ended the phone call.

“_____--ah, are you okay?” Kyuhyun questioned her sudden weird behavior, “Who was on the phone?”

“It’s Sulli, she wanted to confirm if we’re really in Japan”

“Jinja? Since when you’ve became so close with her?”

“I don’t know.. Everybody asked us the same question.. She’s a good girl, I love having some girls’ time with her and Krystal..”

“What about Victoria? Are you close to her too?”

“Nope.. I never met her personally. But the girls said they’ll introduce us later”

 

“Well, Vic is one of my best friends. I’ll introduce you to her later. You’ll love her..”

“Hmm, of course. I’m a fan of her, too” She suddenly remembered about the bed problem,

”So.. How should we sleep?” ______ brought the question

“That’s easy. You’ll sleep on the bed and I’ll sleep on the couch”

“But the couch isn’t enough for you. You’ll have back pain if you sleep on it. I’ll sleep there”

“What? No way. You’re going to sleep on the bed. No matter what”

_____ were thinking hard. She wouldn’t let Kyuhyun sleep on the couch. He paid the hotel and everything. No way he’ll sleep uncomfortably tonight. But he won’t let her sleep on the couch too.  The bed was quiet big, it would fit both of them..

“Oppa, let’s just sleep together on the bed..”

“What? No!”

She was taken back with his respond, “Why?” she softly asked. It kinda hurt her that he rejected to sleep with her.

“Let me just sleep on the couch, you sleep there, okay?”

“Why? It’s not like we’re going to do anything but sleep” she murmured, “Why? Is it that bad to sleep with me?”

“Yes..” ______ frowned hearing that. Kyuhyun immediately realized his fault when a slight hurt expression crossed on her face, “No! No! I didn’t mean that way!”

“I’ll just order an extra bed. Don’t worry, you don’t have to sleep with me..” _____ muttered with sarcasm. She walked to the room’s phone and about to call the room’s service but Kyuhyun stopped her

“Andwe~ Don’t order anything! Listen, I didn’t mean ‘bad’ that way. Listen to me first!”

“What?” She stared at her with boring look

“It’s a bad idea if I sleep with you..” He sighed, “I don’t think I can control myself if I sleep with you..”

“What do you mean?”

“You don’t want me to attack you or you, right?”

She was shocked, “Mwoh?! Of course not! Yah, ert!” She slapped his shoulders playfully, but she did embarrass as well, “You won’t take advantage on me. I trust you!”

“You do?”

“Yeah. I said we’re going to sleep on the bed together. So we will” She took an extra pillow from the cupboard and placed it on the middle of the bed, “This pillow will separate us, so you won’t attack me”

 “So I won’t attack you?” he shook his head in disbelieved. The girls in front of him really amazed him with her antics.

“Yeah,” she chuckled, “You want the left side or the right side?”

Kyuhyun laughed at her question. He didn’t answer but jumped to the left side of the bed and slid into the blanket.

“Okay, left side then..” _____ said. She took the right side and slid into the blanket too.

They both were facing the ceiling in silent. _______ shut her eyes and trying to fall asleep but she couldn’t. She opened her eyes and noticed that Kyuhyun hasn’t sleep too. He was just staring at the ceiling.

______ turned her body and faced Kyuhyun, “Kyuhyun oppa… Are you asleep?”

Kyuhyun diverted his eyes from the ceiling to the girls who lay beside him. “Not yet.. Wae?”

“We’re going home tomorrow, right?” She asked

“Yes..”

“Too bad, I really love it here…” She smiled, remembering all the fun they’ve had in Japan, “I wish we could come here again.. With the others too..”

“Yeah, a bunch of gorgeous man is walking on the street. I think people will recognize us soon” They both laughed, “But yeah, promise you we’ll go here again” ______ smiled happily at his promise, “Now you sleep..”

“Hmm… Oppa,”

“Ne?”

“Sing me a song..”

“What?”

“Sing me a song first, and then I’ll sleep” Kyuhyun laughed nervously and then shook his head vigorously, “Oh, come on~ you have to sing me a lullaby, I insist!”

“Oh my.. Can I say no to you?” Kyuhyun laughed to himself, “I guess nope”

“No, you can’t say no to me! Now sing me a song” she giggled.

Kyuhyun breathed in and then exhaled. He stared at the ceiling before he started singing the song.

“Spend all your time waiting, for that second change~” Kyuhyun began to sing ‘Arms of the angel’ by Sarah Mc Lachlan. It kinda surprised ______ since it was one of her favorite song.

 “Oppa, that’s my favorite song..” she said in disbelieved

“Yeah, I know. Your sister said you often ask her to play this song with piano and then you sing along..”

“Hmm… Go on, sing again..”

“Spend all your time waiting, for that second change

For the break that will make it ok

There's always some reason to feel not good enough

And it's hard at the end of the day

I need some distraction oh beautiful release

Memories seep from my veins

______ closed her eyes and listening to his singing voice. She was mesmerized by his velvet voice it sounded like he was singing from the bottom of his heart.

 

“They may be empty and weightless and maybe

I'll find some peace tonight

In the arms of an Angel fly away from here

From this dark, cold hotel room, and the endlessness that you fear

You are pulled from the wreckage of your silent reverie

You're in the arms of an Angel; may you find some comfort here


So tired of the straight line, and everywhere you turn

There are vultures and thieves at your back

The storm keeps on twisting; you keep on building the lies

That you make up for all that you lack

It don't make no difference, escaping one last time

It's easier to believe”

As he was singing, Kyuhyun glanced to ______ who already fell asleep. She was smiling in her sleep. He didn’t stop singing but slowly took the pillow between them and threw it to the floor.  


“In this sweet madness, oh this glorious sadness

That brings me to my knees”

He got his body closer to her and placed her to sleep on his embrace. He did it slowly and gentle without making her awake from her sleep. It pleased him that _____ suddenly made herself comfortable and hugged him back in her sleep.

“In the arms of an Angel far away from here

From this dark, cold hotel room, and the endlessness that you fear

You are pulled from the wreckage of your silent reverie

In the arms of an Angel; may you find some comfort here”

Kyuhyun kissed the top of her head and closed his eyes too
“You're in the arms of an Angel; may you find some comfort here..”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

New chapter updated!!
Thanks for my new subscribers and my previous subscribers who patiently waiting for this new chapter ^^

 

I've got suggestion about the places.. I don't thinbk I'll insert LA or Italy now. Because the story will end before the SMTown LA or even their Italy vacation..
But of course.. I'll insert LA, Italy and some places.. in the sequel, maybe?

^^ Yes, this story will end soon, maybe 4 or 5 chapters more, but I will make a sequel!!
I'll change the genre for the sequel, maybe a little bit Angst or mature, I dont know. kekeke.

And for my beloved readers who really miss Heechul in this story, dont worry! Heechul will make a comeback after this Japan trip! More Heechul's scene after this chapter.

Please support 'Traveler's Love" and my other fiction ^^