Confused.

Loving? It'll never happen.

There were so many things that were twirling around in your head. The mysterious hand writing on the piece of paper has been bugging you for a while. “Ayun!” someone called from downstairs, “Mingyu’s here to pick you up!” You quickly wore the bracelet and jumped down the stairs, not forgetting to grab your coat along the way. “Hey Mingyu.” You greeting while you wore your shoes.

“Why are we eating ice cream in winter anyways.” You asked as you tugged at the collar of your coat, you were starting to get annoyed with the wind. “Because I want to, come on we don’t have the whole day.” He replied and reached for your frozen hands before starting to run. Your mouth hung wide when the waitress came with an ice cream boat. “How are we supposed to finish this?” you asked worriedly, “How much does it cost?” you glared at him when he started to laugh, “Don’t worry about it. We’ll give some to the members too, you’re so selfish Yunnie.” He teased which earned him a kick under the table. Fifteen minutes passed and both you couldn’t feel your teeth anymore. “I’m going to die.” You exclaimed while slumping down against your wooden chair. “Come on, we’ll pack the rest for the members.”

“Let’s go to an arcade!” you jumped in circles around Mingyu while pointing to the one down the street, “I really wanted to go to one!” You continued to jump, watching him laugh, “You’re making me dizzy. I probably shouldn’t give you any sugar next time.” He sighed dramatically and dragged you into the store. “Mingyu, Mingyu!” you exclaimed while tugging on his sleeve, “Let’s go ride that!” you pointed at the cars. “Can you even drive?” he asked with a teased smile. “No… but I’m not going to kill anyone. Let’s go!” you ran over towards the line and leaned over the railing to watch the race.

“Mingyu! Stop bumping into me!” you exclaimed as you turned around to find him snickering. “Isn’t this called ‘Bumper cart’?” he teased, running into the back of your car again. “Stop it!” you screamed while your whole body jerked forward. You turned around and glared at him, a smirk threatening to appear on your lips, “You’re getting it.”

You the delicious icing off of your finger tips and smiled proudly to yourself. “Gosh, I didn’t know it would be that painful.” Mingyu muttered beside you while his hands were trying to massage his sore neck. You ignored his protest and checked your watch, “Come on, it’s getting late.” With that both of you left the bakery and started down the street. For what seemed like forever, you finally found a park. “Let’s go.” You started to skip towards the hill.

“Hey, Mingyu.” You began as you felt Mingyu’s head turn towards your still figure, signaling for you to continue. “Do you like anyone?” the words slipped out of your mouth before it processed through your head. “Maybe…” he murmured. Your mouth turned into a grin and snapped your head towards his direction, “Tell me!” You watched as he hesitated, “You have to answer my question first.” You nodded instantly.

“What do you think of me?”

You furrowed your eyebrows but answered anyways, “Well… you were like the brother I never had. You were always by my side and supported me. You’re nice, funny, caring, you’re someone a girl has always dreamed for.” You kept a steady gaze at him, “If you’re worried about the girl not liking you back, you got nothing to worry about. You’re possibly the best boyfriend there could ever be.” You frowned when he began to laugh, “You’re so cheesy.” Your mouth hung open, “Hey, you asked me a question and I answered it. So hurry and tell me who you like!”

“I’ll tell you… if you agree to hang out with me this weekend.” You were just about to agree but suddenly you remembered. “Sorry Mingyu, maybe next time. Chan wanted to hand out with me.” You answered, unaware how the twinkle in his eyes were no longer there. “It’s okay, you guys should get closer anyways.” You nudged his side and reached out for his forearm, “Let’s go, you should be home by now.”

 

The next day was as normal as it was yesterday, except there was some kind of unknown tension between you and Seungcheol. Don’t forget, Seungcheol completely explained himself, and it was all an misunderstanding, at least that’s what he said.

||FLASHBACK||

“Okay look Ayun, it’s not what it seems like okay? I know it looked like I beat him up but it really wasn’t me! It was-”

“Oh come on,” you scoffed, “I’ve heard those excuses everywhere. I’m not going to fall for it.”

“Hear me out for once would you? You can’t tell anyone about this, not even the other Seventeen members know about this.” He looked around anxiously before continuing, “Dongjin’s been getting bullied-”

“No kidding.” You cut in.

He rolled his eyes before continuing, “It was the same guy over and over again. Since I’m the eldest, it’s my duty to protect the maknae, right?” you nodded hesitantly, something’s off here. “I was always the one that ended up shooing the bully away and helping Dongjin. I would usually appear before action started to happen but I guess I was a little late. I promise you it’s all true!” you narrowed your eyes and clicked your tongue, “How do I know you’re not lying?”

“Sometimes teachers also thought I was the one that beaten Dongjin up. I tried to tell them it wasn’t me but they wouldn’t listen. At the end I had to beg them not to say anything, instead let me clean up the classrooms after school.” He sighed and shifted uncomfortably, “If you still don’t believe me, ask Dongjin himself. I doubt you even let him explain anything. Heck, you could go to the principle and ask if you want.”

||FLASHBACK END||

Although you have asked Dongjin about the matter, you still kept an eye on the older male. You glanced at him again from across the practice room. “Why do you keep on staring at Seungcheol hyung? Don’t tell me you have a thing for him.” Hansol whispered behind you. You leaped from your seat and scrambled onto your feet, “You have to stop doing that!” you complained while rubbing your red ears. “And no, I don’t have a thing for him.” You added. You rolled your eyes when you noticed how Hansol smirked before leaning in again, “I know, you have a thing for Channie.” You tried you’re your best to hid your pink cheeks, you weren’t entirely sure as to why your cheeks were burning either. “Omo, is the emotionless brick blushing? Hansol, what have you possibly done?” Doyoon exclaimed dramatically while dropped an arm around your shoulders. ‘B-Blushing? Only weird hormonal fangirls blush! I don’t blush, no. It’s just hot in here, yea, that’s it.’ You thought nervously, before walking towards the bathroom with an awkward chuckle.

CHAN’S POV

I don’t know what to do. I’m certain now -100% positive- that I don’t have mutual feelings with Taehee, she’s a good friend and everything, but only a friend. I know it’s been a while, but Mingyu hyung’s words never left my head, it was always somehow imprinted into the back of my brain. The other day when Mingyu hyung was out with Ayun (again…) Wonwoo hyung came up to me and started to shoot me with random questions. It was definitely related to Mingyu and Ayun.

||FLASHBACK||in third person instead of first.

“Channie.” The older called and tugged the smaller out, “How are you feelings today?” he asked.

“W-” the younger started but only got cut off with another question.

“Are you feeling sad?”

“N-”

“Don’t lie to me.”

“BUT I-”

“Chan-” this time the younger covered the other’s mouth and sighed, “Would you listen?” he asked, after receiving a nod he dropped his arm back to his sides.

“Tell me, how do you feel about Mingyu and Yunnie going out?” the other asked mischievously.

“T-They’re going out?” Chan stuttered, suddenly his thoughts were swirling around in his head and he could no longer focus on anything, his head was spinning nonstop until Wonwoo spoke again. “I meant as in going out to hang.” For some reason relief washed over his body and he smiled, unconsciously. Chan looked up curiously as to why the elder was clicking his tongue and tsking. “Tsk, Channie, you’re so oblivious, yet obvious.” Wonwoo started, talking more to himself then the other. “How does Ayun not notice.” He continued. Before the smaller could ask any further, the elder held him by his shoulders and bent down to his level. “Chan, you like her.” He started, and sighed when the other just blinked, the words are obviously not sinking in. “Channie, YOU-LIKE-AYUN.” He tried again, standing upright again as he saw something click in the shorter’s dark orgs. “Non-sense. I like Taehee-”

“Stop lying to yourself Chan, we all know you don’t like that brat.” Wonwoo sighed and headed towards the practice room again, “Think about it Chan, all your actions, probably your thoughts too. Doesn’t it all make sense now?” Chan stood in his spot for another minute and stared at the door the other has exited through a while ago. “Liking Ayun? That’s merely impossible.” He wondered out loud.

||FLASHBACK END||
 

The thought of liking Ayun was new to him. Sure, whenever they make eye contact his stomach does flips, or when their fingers accidentally touch his head spins but that how everyone feels? Chan knew that whenever he had any problems he could encounter someone, that someone is Soonyoung. You might know him as the funny, crazy and hyped up kid, but when it’s something serious, he turns serious. “Soonyoung hyung!” Chan called and watched as the older approach him. “Yea? Do you need anything Channie?” he replied, looking down at him curiously. The other tried his best to look confident but failed miserably, “U-Um… how do I say this.” He mumbled and averted looking into the taller eyes. “So I was just talking to Wonwoo hyung you know, dongseung hyung time. And then he just randomly shoots these questions to me. Long story short he was asking me if I liked Ayun and then I said no, I like Taehee. And then he said I was lying and yea, I guess I’m lying but I can’t like Ayun. She likes Mingyu right? So then he asked me to think about it. What do I think about? Tell me what I’m supposed to think about.” By the end of his sentence he was out of breath. He looked up worriedly and blood quickly rushed to his cheeks when he found Soonyoung smirked down at him. “My Channie’s so grown up now!” he exclaimed, squishing the other’s cheeks. “Well, first things first. Break up with Taehee, if you don’t I’ll do it for you! Second, Ayun doesn’t like Mingyu, you’ve never asked her have you? Third, Chan just admit it, you do like that emotionless brick.” He giggled when the younger’s face scrunched up, “She’s not emotionless, and I’ve seen her be emotional before!” he defended, somehow making the situation cuter. “Come on, let’s go find that brat.” Soonyoung said and pumped his fist in the air, taking Chan by his shoulders.

Breaking up with someone wasn’t easy, it’s not like he does that every day. Heck he’s never even been in a relationship. He stared Taehee, suddenly not sure if it’s reality or not. “Chan, is something wrong?” Taehee asked, reached forward to feel his forehead but he took a step back, dodging the hand. “I-I think we should… um end it…” he whispered, scared of how the other will react. “What?” she pulled on a confused expression, making Chan even more nervous. “We should break up.” Chan spoke, with much more confidence, surprising Taehee. “It’s Ayun isn’t it?” the other shot. His confidence quickly disappeared and panic came, “W-What do you mean? Ayun has nothing to do with u-us.” He stuttered, cursing under his breath for sounding so unsure. “She forced you to break up with me didn’t she? She’s evil! We can’t break up! We’re perfect for each other!” Taehee started to yell, shaking the frightened boy. “Taehee! Calm down! She didn’t force me into doing anything okay? Let’s just end it here, before it gets too serious.” With that Chan turned around and ran, ignoring the protests coming from Taehee, afraid of what the other could possibly do.

YOUR POV

You were in the practice room, giving the left over ice cream for the members, “Where’s Chan?” you asked Doyoon, only receiving a shrug in return. “Guys, did you hear? Chan and Taehee broke up!” a female trainee came running into the room, all of your attention were on her now, “What?”

That’s right, they did break up, no wonder why Taehee had sent you furious looks when both of you passed by, you were lucky she didn’t eat you alive. “Hey guys!” a familiar voice echoed through the room. Quickly everyone dropped their spoons and pushed the younger boy onto the group, pilling on top of him quickly, yelling praises, “GOOD JOB CHANNIE! FINALLY MANNED UP!” Seokmin laughed after patted the boy on his back, extra hard. The information didn’t quite sink in until Mingyu nudged you with his elbow, “You okay?” he asked. You nodded instantly and smiled, a smile that reached your eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Okayyyy…. So honestly I felt as though this chapter wasn’t so good… but YAY! THEY FINALLY BROKE UP! … I’m not the only one happy… right?

Thank you for the support and keep on commenting, subscribing and upvoting !! LOVE YOU ALL SINCERELY! If there are any mistakes sorry about that, I'll edit it as soon as possible >__< <3 <3