Punishment

Loving? It'll never happen.

You all sat in the uncomfortable silence, Mingyu on your right and Chan on your left. Not moving a single muscle, but the others seem to have a problem. Chan kept on shifting in his seat and glanced at you now and then, Mingyu swiddling with his fingers and kept his gaze on you. When the car finally came to a stop, you all got off silently. When all of you set foot in the house you ran upstairs and buried yourself under layers of blankets and plugged your headphones in, hoping you could ignore the world, just like the old days. Knock Knock you took a peek from your peephole and felt relieved it was Mingyu that came in, but a little disappointed it wasn't Chan. "Ayun, come on. Get up and come downstairs, we're going to have an early dinner." Mingyu said and peeled the blankets off of you. You groaned but sat up, suddenly smiling at the image in front of you, "What? Do I look funny?" Mingyu shot you a confused look. You shook your head and stood up, "You weren't giving me that 'look at that poor girl' stare like all the other people." Mingyu scoffed and headed out, you followed suit. You arrived downstairs and the atmosphere literally died, you spotted Chan at the end of the table and the little smile you had on immediately disappeared. He was giving you that 'look at that poor girl' look, the look you've hated with all your heart, "We're going to the hospital after dinner." Charles began and looked at you with worry. You nodded your head and all of you ate in silence, talking to Mingyu through your eyes and mouthing silent words only earning frowns from Chan. 'It's going to be okay Ayun' Mingyu mouthed which you ignored and looked away and stared at your plate of food, soon turned back to Mingyu to mouth,

When were things okay?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You arrived at the hospital and soon you were walking towards the emergency doors but stopped in your tracks when you spotted your sister and mother nervously fidgeting. "They're once your family, always your family." Mingyu whisered into your ear and pushed you to walk. "Ayun!" your mother gasped and ran into your arms, tears running down her pale cheeks, "Mom..." you bit your lip and looked at your sister who offered a small smile. "Oh my gosh, I've been so worried about you!" your mother started to spazz which you kind of missed, "Well, I'm fine." She finally let go of you and asked, "Where did you go?" You turned around but couldn't find Charles, instead you pointed towards Chan, "His house." Your mother's eyebrows raised about 100 cm and grinned, "Are you guys classmates? Or..." you rolled your eyes and clicked your tongue, "No, his father found me at the bus stop." Chan nodded and glanced at your sister, who hadn't said a thing. "Oh, I don't know how to repay you!" your mother cried and hugged Chan, Chan stood their awkwardly and patted her back, "Y-You're welcome." he managed to stutter out. You glanced behind you to find Mingyu leaning against the wall, "Yah, Mingyu come over here." you shouted towards the tall boy. He stood by your side and flung an arm around your shoulder, "Hi, I'm Mingyu." he bowed towards your mother. "Are you her boyfriend?" she asked which made you and Chan shook on your own spit, "Mom..." you muttered and shrugged his arm off of your shoulder. "Hahaha, like I'll fall for this thing." Mingyu chuckled while knocking your head over a little. Just when your mother was about to shoot another question at the both of you, the pair of silver doors flung open, and the words 'Emergency' no longer lit. Your mom gasped in shock and quickly ran over to the doctor who has just stepped out, "Isheokay?He'snotdieingright?Hemadeitright?" she kept on asking question and stopped when the doctor looked completely lost. "Well, the surgery was succesfull, but we still haven't taken the bullet out, it was too far in." the doctor began, "About two days away, we'll be giving another surgery to take the bullet out, right now he cannot move his neck and he cannot eat or drink any too hot nor too cold things. I will explain more about his condition when we place him in a room." the doctor finished.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You sat in the patient room beside Chan, watching your unconscious father. "Ayun... I know that maybe you wouldn't want to but... can you change schools?" Chan bit his lip. You shrugged and stared at the wall, "Sure, why not? I'm probably going to change to your school." Chan clapped happily but stopped immediately, shoulder drooping down again. "M-Mingyu Hyung will be there." he mumbled. You gave him a questioning look, "What’s the problem with that?" you asked. "N-Nothing!" the other yelped but his shoulders were still drooping. You shrugged the thought away and suddenly a scene flashed through your head.

Flashback

A few minutes passed and you looked down at your hand, your hand which was held by a boy that barely knew you. 'I've never held hands before.' you thought as your cheeks felt warmer and your heart started to pump loudly. You shook your head and faced the window again before feeling Chan's thumb rub the top of your hand lightly, "I can see you blush." he whispered dangerously close to your ear and planted a kiss on your jaw.

End of Flashback

You cupped your own face and felt that it grew warm, you slid your hand over the part that Chan had pecked the other day and stopped when you noticed Chan smirking beside you. “What are you thinking?” he chuckled and leaned in closer, “Chan, leave me alone. Lord, why did Mingyu have to go back home.” You mumbled the last part but it seemed as though the other heard you because he immediately pulled back. “D-Do you miss Mingyu? Already?” the elder stuttered, expression unreadable. “Of course not... I already have someone to accompany me.” You replied which received another hurt look from Chan. “Why are you so sad all of the sudden? Aren’t I supposed to be the one that’s depressed and all?” you chuckled and knocked Chan head over a bit.

~~~~~~~~~~

Another day has come and you sat against the wall of Seventeen’s practice room. “Hey Ayun!” Mingyu shouted and sat beside you. You took out your head phones and rolled your eyes, “What do you want?” you asked, no longer as cold as it was a week ago. “Can I call you Yunnie? Ayun’s too long.” The elder complained and leaned against you for support. Before you can protest the door swung open and in walked Chan and another girl. ‘Why does she look oddly familiar?’ you thought as you tried to remember if you’ve ever seen her somewhere. Your eyes grew wide when you recognized the girl ‘Wasn’t she the one I punched a few days back? What was her name? Teaman? Thaihee? Tae-Taehee!’ you groaned when you watched the girl grab Chan’s wrist. You stared at the two of them when suddenly Chan caught you staring, “Oh, Ayun! When did you come?” panic obvious in his voice. The Taehee girl didn’t seem to care until she saw you glaring at her, “I came a while ago.” You replied, still not prying your eyes off of the diva. “Oppa, let’s go over there!” Taehee tried to sound normal and energetic and glanced at you before both of them skipped away. You scoffed and raised your eyebrows at Mingyu. “Why’s Chan even friends with her? No one even likes her, especially Doyoon and Seungcheol hyung. They literally send daggers through their eyes whenever they have to face her.”Mingyu chuckled along with you.

~~~~~~~~~~~

You guys were playing human monopoly and you were paired up with Doyoon, while Chan was paired with Taehee diva, Seungcheol and Mingyu, Wonwoo and Jihoon, Junhui and Dongjin, MingMing and Jisoo, Seokmin and Soonyoung, Seunggwan and Hansol, Junghan and their stuffed bunny. All of your wrists were tied together and you had to hold hands, whoever detaches their wrists or hands first loses and has to do the punishment, “Which may or may not get kissed by everyone else.” The staffs warned which earned a groan from Seungcheol and Hansol, “Been there done that, and don’t want to go back.” Hansol said in english, which only you and Jisoo understood. The game had lasted for only twenty minutes and you already broke the string that was tied around your wrist, “AYUN! NO!” Doyoon fake sobbed while hugging you while every just laughed. You smiled and patted his back, “Aha, I’m sorry.” You rolled your eyes. “Okay, you have to play rock papers scissors and who ever loses gets the punishment.” The staff announced through the microphone. At the end Doyoon won and you growled at the staff sending invisible lasers. “Everyone line up behind Ayun-shi!” the staff announced again, while everyone obeyed and stood behind you. Your mind went blank for a second when the words “Kissing punishment.” Came out of the women’s mouth, while everyone else was laughing and jumping around in amusement, everyone except for Mingyu and Chan. They were lined up by age order (biggest to smallest) and Seungcheol was standing beside you with a goody grin, “Noona, I don’t think we should do this. Ayun’s probably going to slice us to pieces after.” Seungcheol joked and the room irrupted with laughter. There were billions of questions that were shot at the poor staff and the final answer to all of the questions were, “No, you do not have to kiss Ayun on the lips.” Soon everyone was yelling and cringing at the view, Seungcheol millimeters away from your cheek, “Ayunnie~ Don’t kill me later kay?” he laughed and pecked you lightly. Your eyes shot open and fake gagged, “And I have to endure this for fourteen other times?” you whined.

(Doyoon’s turn)

He flung an arm over your shoulder and stared at your cheek, “We’re friends right?” he asked and you nodded a little hesitant, your face cringing and waited for the disgusting moment. “Good!” he beamed and kissed you right below your ear, earning squeals from the other boys.

(Junghan’s turn)

His was short and fast, “Let’s be friends.” He whispered before pecking your gently on the cheek.

(Jisoo’s turn)

His was much like Junghan’s except he whispered, “Please don’t hurt me…”

(Junhui’s turn)

“Ayun, you shall feel honored, you’re the second person I kissed okay?” Junhui nudged you with his shoulder and kissed your nose, making you cringe.

(Soonyoung’s turn)

Being the joker he is, he positioned his lips into a pout before kissed you, “Soonyoung! Don’t do that!” you pushed his head away while others just laughed. “Hey! That’s better than the time he had to kiss me!” Seungcheol somewhere in the crowd as Soonyoung stopped pouting and kissed you lightly on the cheek.

(Wonwoo’s turn)

Wonwoo walked beside you shyly and kissed your cheek lightly, lighter than all the other’s. “Aww, Wonwoo hyung! No one saw that!” Seunggwan whined.

(Jihoon’s turn)

“This is only a friendly kiss okay?” Jihoon leaned in a little hesitantly before giving you a kiss quickly and ran away. Hey, I’m the one’s that suffering!

(MingMing’s turn)

He leaned down and pressed his lips onto your temple, ooh’s and woooo’s and Dang, Gyu’s jealous were heard around the room when MingMing shyly retreated behind Seungcheol.

(Seokmin’s turn)

“If you call me Oppa once, just once! I won’t kiss you.” Seokmin tried to make a deal. “No matter how much I don’t want you to kiss me, I’m not going to call u … that name.” you cringed. Seokmin shrugged and kissed you sloppily, “EWWW SEOKMIN!” you slapped him in the arm. He only chuckled and patted your head, “Well you wouldn’t call me Oppa.”

(Mingyu’s turn)

You groaned out loud when it was Mingyu’s turn only receiving a push from the taller. “Well, since you’re so short- OW!” He rubbed the area which you hit. Laughter filled the air, when you heard the particular low laugh, you joined in. He stood in front of you and leaned down a bit, making both of you face each other. Your eyes widened and your hands immediately covered your mouth ‘My first kiss cannot be taken by this weirdo’ you thought as you saw Mingyu chuckle. He pulled on an amused smile and kissed your hand which were covering your mouth, he pulled away and the room irrupted with different voices, some calm, some excited, some sounded like they were going to faint. You squished your face together and slapped him in the stomach, “EWW, Don’t do that!” you exclaimed while trying to wipe his saliva off of your hand. He swung and arm over your shoulders and patted your head, “It’s a joke, It’s a joke.” He chuckled. But a certain someone didn’t quite like how this went.

(Seunggwan’s turn)

His was simple and quick, just a light peck on the cheek and that was it.

(Hansol’s turn)

He shifted his weight from left to right nervously and kissed your forehead then ran away, just like what Jihoon did.

(Chan’s turn)

You guys stood beside each other awkwardly while you heard snickers from behind you. You turned around to find Doyoon, Seokmin, Soonyoung and Seungcheol having a laughing fit, they didn’t even stop when you glared at them. You stood there awkwardly, one eye shut and your cheeks were slowly growing warmer as he leaned in closer and closer. Finally you felt warm pair of lips touch your jaw and it lingered there for a second before pulling away. You looked down and your face was already burning hot, ‘Wasn’t that where he kissed after we got into the car outside of the adoption centre?’ you thought to yourself and felt your cheeks which was burning like fire. You glanced at Chan and saw his cheeks flushed too, ‘Ugh, why am I like this?’ you shook your head and faced the front.

(Dongjin’s turn)

You sighed in relief when the staff said that Dongjin didn’t have to do it. You laughed while you watched everyone else whine about how unfair it is, on the other side of the room Dongjin was having his own little dance party. The reason why he didn’t have to do it? May or maybe not be because he used his powerfull aegyo.

You curled into a ball by the wall and kept on spinning pointlessly, trying to forget what happened, especially when Chan came around. “Hey, you okay?” Doyoon and Jihoon sat down beside you, Doyoon on your right and Jihoon on your left. Before they started to tease you, Mingyu shouted from across the room, “YUNNIE! COME OVER HERE!” you groaned and fake sobbed into Doyoon’s arms. “YUNNIE! STOP CUDDLING WITH YOUR NEW BOFRIEND AND COME OVER HERE!” Mingyu yelled again, this time you got up and clicked your tongue, “He’s getting it.” You mumbled and walked over lazily. You sat down beside his feet and looked up tiredly, “What do you want Gyu.” You leaned onto his leg for support. “Hey, I never knew you were so heavy.” He chuckled and squatted down next to you, “When did you start calling me Gyu?” he grinned. You rolled your eyes and pushed him over, “When you started to call me Yunnie.” Out of nowhere Chan sits down beside you, “How come he gets to call you Yunnie?” he complained and rested his chin on your shoulder, pouting at you. “What, you want to call me that too?” you asked, amused. “Yea!” the other beamed and pulled you up, walking hand in hand out the door. “Yunnie~Yunnie~Yunnie~” he sang softly while skipping, “Yah, Chan where are we going?” you complained. “ICE CREAM!” He exclaimed like a little kid. ‘In this cold weather?’ you thought to yourself and mentally face palmed yourself.

 

~~~~~~~~

YAY! Came back home after my vacation and here’s another update!

Thank you for all the support and I really appreciate it, REALLY!

 

Please continue to comment and subscribe (Here’s some random Seventeen awesomeness for you :P)

 

 

 

(Jisol days :'D)

(Who on earth is that person in the background... Seunggwan?)