Ji Dai

New Students (Rough draft story)

Lisa's p.o.v

 

 

Its been a week since the boys had found out, but that didn't matter, in a few more weeks, probably four or six, we're all going to die, me, Hana, Marie, Destiny, Melody, Alycia, all of us, we are all going to die, and surprisingly I'm inviting it, I can't live the rest of my life in fear knowing that we'll never truly be safe, that I won't be able to have kids because they'd be in danger...that I'll never be able to hold me baby brother again, or here him say my name, or be teased by my older brothers, or nagged by my mom....and I thought losing my dad was bad....but no...this feeling right here, right now....it's killing me...

It's ironic, because two months from now we were supposed to be sent back home, to visit the rest of our families before having to comeback, I guess those plans aren't going to happen though.

"Lisa! Are you even listening!" The teacher shouted and I sighed.Although Mel deleted our stiff from the big school system it's going to take a while before it reaches this schools system and that gonna take about another week, so we have to play it out, keep a low profile break connections, basically become invisible, so that when we leave it won't be suspicious.

" Aniyo, I'm sorry" I said and he looked at me disappointed, I'm one of his best students.

"because I actually like you, I'll let it slide"

"aw, teachers pet!" Someone shouted and everyone laughed....I've never been one to except disrespect.

"Better than being the class " I responded and the laughing increased.

i heard cursing from the person but ignored it, don't dish it out if you can't take it.

I felt eyes on the back of my head and turned around to see Zelo glaring at me....so he was the that said something.....oops..

Throught the entire class period I shifted uncomfortably in my seat, if it were anyone else glaring at me I would've flicked them off...but it's not just anyone...it's Zelo, and even though I know he pretty much hates me....I can't find it in my heart to hate him back, I mean he really didn't do anything too bad to me, he may annoy me from time to time with he constant comments but other than that...not much.

The bell rang signifying class was over with, I was grateful that Zelo was the first one to leave, this is the first time since last week that Ive said something to anyone, I was too deep in thought that I guess instinct took over and I couldn't control myself.

Walking out the room I made my way to my locker and rested my head against the door.

"Why me?" I whispered and closed my eyes.Coughs racked through my body and I grasped my neck trying to sooth it.My sleeping and eating habits haven't been on point, my body is suffering from my idiotic decisions and I chose the worst time to be stupid with such serious life necessities because it's hitting winter and I've completely fallen ill.

its nothing new, but it is something serious.....I've been feeling this way since last month...I'm just extremely good at hiding it.I heard footsteps from the corner of the hall and immediately stood straight before getting into act.

Looking to see who it was I bowed my head when I saw Ji Dai, she was a follower in Soojin's group....but she left, and now she's my best friend, I can trust her with almost anything....but I have to forget her....I have to leave.

"Wait....Lisa! Please! Wait!" I heard her cry and I turned to her before I sighing once again.

I stopped and gave her an emotionalless expression as she ran to me.

"Please, what's going on? Why....why are you ignoring me?!"

"Ji Dai, class has been started, why are you here?"

"Because my best friend hasn't been much of a friend to me! Now tell me...why are you ignoring me?"

"I'm not ignoring you-"

"yes, yes you are! You! You promised that we'd be friends, always, after I left them, you changed the way I saw things, and said not everyone was bad, remember, you told me everything-"

i looked away and she stopped and stared at me.

"or did you, Lisa please! I haven't had a friend...in so many years, no one has been able to understand me, and showed me as much care as you have....since I was a little girl"

"Ji Dai-"

"No! No! You said that you wouldn't hurt me, right? Why did you lie to me-"

"Things happened, I can't be here anymore-"

"Lisa...tell me! We're best friends, ne? You and me till the end...right?"

"We haven't even known each other that long-"

"That doesn't matter....schools almost over in another four months, we've been friends since the beginning of the second quarter right? We've been friends long enough....ne?" She asked and I felt my eyes water up....she needs me, I'm literally her only friend...her only real friend... 

"Ne" I agreed and she smiled through her tears.

"Good, come on, we're late" she said and sniffed her nose before grabbing my hand and pulling me to our class.

Ji Dai....I will miss you, you're right. It doesn't matter how long you've known someone, it's the foundation you create with that person through the time you've known them.....you've made me happier than I have been in years....and leaving you will only add onto the pain....Ji Dai....I'm sorry..

.

.

.

"Lisa, you haven't touched your food" Ji scolded and I smiled slightly...

"Ji....I'm sorry"

She smiled giggling slightly.

"We're best friends, I forgive you!"

I smiled and looked to where the rest of the girls sat, they looked at me disapprovingly but I waved them off, for Ji Dai, I will come back! 

"Ji Dai, is my best friend!" I laughed and smiled at my own childish quote, I've never felt so free, yet so trapped in my life.....my mind wandered to Zelo and I shook my head, no.....he needs to get out of my head.....