For The Future...

Arranged nightmare

I suddenly dropped a plate down and it shattered into little pieces. I winced at the noise. Oh crap. I crouched down and started to pick up the pieces with the help of Nichkhun. Taecyeon and Wooyoung were helping too after putting my phone away. 

       “Your sister said you were very clumsy, be careful,” Taecyeon said and I nodded. I was getting ready to reply, when a piece cut my finger and a lot of blood started to come out. Oh my God! That hurt! I winced and put my finger in my mouth.

       “Go wash that,” Nichkhun said and smiled at me. I did that. I washed my finger with some Detol in the bathroom and then put on a small band on it. When I returned, the dishes and the kitchen had been cleaned.

       “Thank you guys!” I beamed at them. Nichkhun had his arms crossed and was looking at me weirdly. “What?”

       “You’re getting married to Taecyeon?”

       “Yeah…” I sat in front of them and looked at them. Taecyeon wasn’t looking at me though. “Why?”

       “So, you know?” Wooyoung asked me.

       “Know what?”

       “She doesn’t,” Taecyeon said in Korean. 

       “Wait. What am I supposed to know?”

       “Don’t worry, I’ll tell you later.” I looked at Taecyeon, but he was just smiling at me. 

       “Fine then, I won’t pressure you to tell me anything about you,” I said. “So, what about we watch something?”

       “What do you have?”

       “You guys wanna watch How I Met Your Mother?”

       “We don’t really have time to watch T.V, so…” Nichkhun said and they all nodded. 

       “You guys are lucky I also have the complete season 1!” I leaped from the couch and put the DVD. The guys had changed places. Taecyeon was alone on the love seat, right in front of the T.V, Nichkhun in the couch which he had moved so that it was next to the loveseat while Wooyoung was sitting down, right in front of me. I grinned and joined them. 

       Taecyeon had his arm on my shoulders the whole time. It was really weird for me to be cuddling like that with a man. I’d never done that with Mike. Well, he never came here. It didn’t feel right to bring someone in the apartment of someone else. It always felt wrong to me to be doing that to Taecyeon. 

       After some time though, I started to feel really tired and ended up falling asleep. I was horrified when the guys woke me up.

       “Ana, can we sleep here?” Nichkhun asked me.

       “Of course, why not? The guys can share a room.”

      “Okay, let’s just go to bed then,” Taecyeon said. I nodded and said I would wash a little first. I only washed my face and changed into a nightgown and then went to my room, after saying goodnight. I prepared my bag for the next day and the climbed into my bed.

     

“Ana?” I heard someone whisper in my room. My eyes shot open. I was getting ready to yell. Who the heck was in my room? “It’s Taecyeon.” I heaved a sigh of relief.

       “What is it?” I said and my nightstand lamp. He had his pillow in his hand, and he was wearing a T-shirt and boxes. Oh my… I turned my head, my face hot.

       “It’s too crowded over there, can I…?”

       “Okay, we’re engaged for real now, I guess.” I moved a little to give him space. He came next to me and we slept with our backs facing. Man, it was awkward. We both cleared our throats loudly. 

       “When is your graduation?”

       “In three weeks. I already applied for the forth year, I’ll have to cancel it now…”

       “Can we get married in a month then?”

       “No, let’s wait two months, please?”

       “Why?”

       “My grandfather just died. I can’t get married yet.”

       “Let’s wait until next year then,” he whispered. I heard him turning around and suddenly felt his arms embracing me. I closed my eyes. “What do you think of March?”

        “Thank you,” I said and turned around so that I was facing him. I buried my face in his chest. Some tears rolled down my face, but I didn’t make a move to wipe them off, I was too scared he would realize that I was crying. “Where shall we celebrate it?”

        “In your country. I’ll pay the tickets for the few of those who will be invited. My friends can pay for their tickets, they wouldn’t dare miss my wedding.”

       “I’ll have loads of people to invite…” I sighed. “What is your religion?”

       “I’m Christian. Why?”

       “I’m Hindu ad Catholic… Let’s mix the Christian and Catholic wedding, okay?” 

      “We’ll talk about that later, with our parents, okay?” He said and we laughed a little. I nodded and he kissed my forehead. I smiled and cuddled to him as we both fell asleep.

       Life was starting to look good for me. Maybe that was a blessing from my grandfather. Maybe God had granted him a wish because he was always so pious. Who knows… I would cherish his last gift and try my best to be happy. I had Taecyeon who was willing to try, so I was also going to do the same. 
       
      For my family.

      For my grandfather.

      For me.

      For the future...

 

THE END.