Yes

Arranged nightmare

After work, we ended up going home. However, as soon as he dropped me, he drove off, telling me to wait an hour for him. I simply shrugged and went on my iPad and tried to contact my family. I was able to contact my cousin via Skype and she showed me how everyone was. I talked to my folks, sister, my grandma and even some aunts and uncles. Nishan’s mother talked to me a little too, telling me to contact Nishan if I needed help. 

      After talking to everyone, I went on talking to my cousin. We weren’t laughing at all. It felt weird, since we’re girls who like to goof around. 

     “Are you okay?”

     “Of course I am,” I told her. “How was it? I found out much later, why?”

     “Everyone was afraid you’d try to come here…”

     “Why can’t I?”

     “Ana, please, you’re not helping here.”

     “Exactly…” A couple of tears left my eyes and her too. We simply sat there, starring at each other. “I didn’t get to say goodbye to him.”

     “Neither did I,” she whispered. “He was fine.” I suddenly heard Teacyeon coming in. 

     “Look, I’ve gotta go. Contact me, you know when…” She nodded and we ended our conversation. I looked up and saw Taecyeon with two big shopping bags and Nichkhun and Wooyoung. I beamed and we hugged.  “Hi!”

     “Ana!” They both hugged me. Nichkhun went to help Taecyeon while Wooyoung stayed with me. 

     “How are you? Have you been well?” His hair was blond. Wow, he looked so weird like that!

     “That hair doesn’t really look good on you.” He laughed and ruffled my hair. 

     “I really am sorry for your loss,” he said. I simply shrugged and went in the kitchen. Nichkhun gave me a sad smile. 

     “I know what it feels like,” he simply said. I nodded and looked at Taecyeon.

     “Were you able to contact them?”

     “I was on Skype with them.” I sighed and sat down. Taecyeon put a glass of wine in front of me. I smiled and thanked him. I took a small sip and sighed. The wine was so sweet and good. “Your parents knew as soon as it happened or what?”

     “My father was having a conference cal with yours when your mother called him. He called me and told me to come see you.” I met his eyes and found that he was not faking it. He really cared. “Both my parents are there to help and all that. I know that my dad is replacing your father in the office and that he will attend the funeral.”

      “You should have gone to introduce yourself… I wanted him to meet you if in case we’d have to…”

      “Not ‘in case’, Ana. I am marrying you.” I looked away. He suddenly grabbed my hand. “Khun Hyung, do that dish and Wooyoung-ah, wash the rice.” Then he dragged me to his room and closed the door behind him.

       “What?” I pulled away, but he pulled me into a hug. 

       “If you had gotten married to me 2 years ago, he would’ve seen it. Let’s get married for the sake of your grandma now, hm?” I didn’t know what to do. His hug didn’t feel wrong at all, or uncomfortable. It felt nice, really. I simply hugged him back and closed my eyes.

       “What happens when I marry you? To me? To you?”

       “I’ll tell you everything about me…”

       “Taecyeon, there’s one thing I haven’t been honest to you about…”

      “What is it?” He pulled back and smiled at me? “Is it about Junsu?” I looked up at him surprised. He laughed and ruffled my hair. “Don’t worry, he explained everything to me.” I nodded and kept my mouth shut. I actually wanted to tell him that I was his fan before and that I’ve known who he was since the beginning, but I suddenly felt scared. If he knew about Junsu, then that was fine. I guess Junsu really did give up on me a long time ago. I just had to worry about Taecyeon and I now.

        “You really want to marry me?”

       “Yes, I do. Please, let this be your last year. You’ll finish your MBA and law too. That’s enough for now. Take a year and then continue after a year.” I looked at him and saw his eyes. He looked so sincere to me. It was like he needed me. I’ve never seen someone look at me like that... "Will you marry me?" I heaved a long sigh and looked into his eyes again, searching for something, but I didn't know what I was looking for. I must have found it, because of what I said next...

         “Yes, I will marry you,” I finally whispered. I sighed and sat on his bed. He sat next to me, but he didn’t say anything. 

        “I lied to you,” he finally said. I looked up at him. “I never dated Tiffany. She’s my best friend. She was with Nichkhun at that time.”

         “I know.” He looked at me surprised. We looked at each other and then burst out laughing. I was lying on the bed, my hands on my stomach and tears in my eyes. Taecyeon was just the same, only he was really red. 

         “We’re weird.”

        “At least this thing won’t be boring,” I said and looked at him. He body was suddenly on mine. His gaze was fixed on mine. My heart was racing in my chest and I was really hot. What was he trying to do…?

        “Hyung!” Wooyoung suddenly burst into the room and Taecyeon and I quickly stood up. Oh God. I looked down and Taecyeon cleared his throat.

          “Bhwo?”

          “Ani-ah! Continue…”

          “Yah!” Taecyeon said loudly. “What is it?”

         “Come cook,” he said. Taecyeon nodded and went to the kitchen. Wooyoung stayed there and looked at me. “It’s not what  I think, right?”

      “No, it’s not. Trust me.” I looked up at him and he smiled while nodding his head. I grinned and we went to the kitchen and I looked as the guys were cooking. They were all goofing around in two languages, English and Korean. Of course, I understood the Korean too, since I was taking tuitions. But that would remain my little secret.

       “Woah! That chicken is really good, Khun!” I exclaimed once we were seated and eating. There was Thai, Korean, Japanese, Korean and European cuisine on the table. The guys were being kind and speaking only in English so that I would understand. We were all talking about this and that. These guys all watched Pretty Little Liars, so we had plenty to talk about. What’s good about Asian guys is that they also pay a lot of attention to fashion.

       While having desert, my phone started to ring. It was a Skype call from my sister. I frowned and picked it up. What had happened? What was wrong? Did something else happen? Taecyeon saw who it was, so he grabbed my hand. Wooyoung and Nichkhun were also both very quiet.

       “What happened?” I asked as her face came into view. My heart was pounding loudly in my chest.

       “Nothing, it’s just that I can’t sleep…” I sighed in relief.

       “What’s up?”

       “Nothing much… Tomorrow he’ll be cremated and then we’ll have another ceremony in 40 days.”

       “I know that much already, Tan.”

       “Taecyeon Oppa’s parents are here.”

       “‘Oppa’?” I looked at Taecyeon.

       “I told her to call me that,” he replied. “Hey, kiddo.” He pushed my face away to wave at my sister.

       “Hi Oppa!” She grinned and waved back. “Ana, does he know?”

       “Of course not, am I crazy?”

       “You’ll have to do so soon, you know it.”

       “I will, when the time is right. The timing is so wrong right now. Trust your big sister.” I winked. We talked a little bit more and soon, she fell asleep while Wooyoung started to sing her a song to help her sleep. I was doing the dishes with Nichkhun while Taecyeon was holding the phone for my sister to look at Wooyoung. I was so thankful to the three of them. I smiled at the scene, but suddenly…