I Need A Wife- Part 2

Arranged nightmare

“Ok, I think we can talk freely now.” I sat and crossed arms over my chest and my legs and waited for him to explain to me just why he needs a wife. I mean, he was an idol, he had many girls at his feet and money, why would he marry me? Couldn’t he wait and then we’d both go our separate ways? I narrowed my eyes as soon as he cleared his throat, my mind on full alert. 

     “As you know, I have money and women,” he said and I nodded. He smiled a little. “I’ve become bored of that life. I’m more mature now, I’ve had many girls in my life, well enough for me anyway, and I fell empty. I think I need someone by my side…” His voice trailed off as he searched my eyes. What was he looking for exactly, I didn’t know.

     “Get back with Tiffany then!” I smiled grimly.

     “You know I can’t marry her now. Her job would be ruined.”

     “I’m not saying you should marry her, Taecyeon. Just live with her. Can’t you guys do that?”

     “People are more old-fashioned in Korea…”

     “Well then, just be patient, dude! I also want love, but it still haven’t arrived!”

     “Can’t you try to love me?” That question took me by surprise. I didn’t know what to say or how to react, I just sat there, staring at him, my mouth wide open. “I know that I can try and I know that I can really fall for you, Ana.”

     “Fall for me?” I whispered. I was feeling all sorts of emotions. I was ecstatic and mad, hot and cold, sad and joyful. I didn’t really know how to feel. I had been a fan of his before I met him, so I never stopped even after what happened. I felt jealous of him scandals and melted when I saw him on T.V and my laptop. I was so dumb, I know, but it was kind of hard, considering I was such a huge fan of his…

     “You’re pretty and kind, Ana. You aren’t some who only cares about my wealth or body. If so, you would have said to me years ago. How can I not love you?”

     “Just why do you need a wife?” I asked with a sigh. I sounded to tired when I spoke. I felt like I was older than I really was. “I didn’t plan my life like that. I wanted to get married at an older age. I wanted a certain amount of kids. I wanted to have a stable life before getting married. I wanted a career and a house and a dog!” Taecyeon was suddenly crouching next to me. Was I short? His eyes were at the same level as mine. 

     “Uljima,” he whispered and wiped my tears away. I wasn’t really crying, just a couple of tears had escaped from my eyes, that all. “Don’t cry, Ana.” He sat next to me and hugged me a little awkwardly. “Am I that far from your ideal type?”

     “I want a man I can rely on. A man who will be there to hold my hand when giving birth or things like that. But I really don’t feel ready for marriage now. Can’t you make me fall for you first?” I asked. I knew that I wouldn’t fall that easily for him. No matter how much I liked him, I wanted to avoid being in his world. No matter what, I would try to avoid it. 

     “Really?” He face lit up and I felt like I was already falling for him. He inched his face closer to mine, but I pushed him away and stood up.

     “I’m sorry, but my favorite grandfather just died. Give me time.”

     “I won’t leave you alone though. You can’t be alone when you’re sad.” He came to me and hugged me. I burst out crying because I suddenly started to think about my grandfather. He used to be so hot ad handsome and tall and all that, but last time I saw him he was a frail man, who couldn’t say my name. What made me cry the most was that he still called me by the nickname he had been using with me first and then to my cousins and sister. He remembered that, and he always said ‘God bless you’ when I took away his empty plate or brought him a little ice-cream. “How did he call you?” I told Taecyeon and he laughed. “You’re lucky he loved you enough to give you such a cute name!”

     “He remembered it even though he couldn’t say my name.” I started to tell him about stories which I remembered when he was still well and while he was unwell. We were both sitting down on the sofa and Taecyeon and gently rubbing my back while I talked. 

     “If he was that sick, I think he’s better now, don’t you?”

     “After 40 days, he will finally rest in peace. We think that in Hinduism.”

     “Then maybe he’ll be reborn into someone as great as he was.”

     “He deserves it, he was such a kind man. He worked hard to send his siblings to school and then his children and then his sister-in-law. He paid for her school fees and he even built a house for his children and grandchildren to live in happily. He always gave me money when I saw him each week, plus a lot on Christmas or my birthday… He even gave money to one of his sick brothers even though he was more sick!” 

     “I wish I could’ve met him.” Taecyeon kissed the top of my head and continued to console me. I didn’t realize at that moment how annoying I could was, I was just happy I was letting it all out. I couldn’t say all of these things to anyone, except my parents or sister and maybe my grandmother.

     “I made a promise to myself once… Why didn’t you say you needed a wife sooner? Why? I wanted him to be at my wedding. I wanted to see him smiling at you and tell me you were a good choice. I wanted him to see me as a successful and independent woman, Taec…!” I started sobbing and fisted his shirt. “Why is it now that you need a wife?”

      “I’m sorry I’m late.” He whispered. We stayed like that for a little more and then I got ready for work. I was going to be on time today, but I’m scared I was going to scare off customers with that face. My eyes were red and so was nose even though I had dark skin. 

 

“Where are you going?” I asked Taecyeon when he parked the car and got out. 

     “I want to drink a coffee and read a book at the same time. I can’t do that, wifey?”

     “Are you crazy? Don’t call me that!” I said. I don’t know, but I a bad feeling about today. We had a new director and we were supposed to greet him in thirty minutes. Just my luck, I was on the shift when he was visiting… 

     “Ana!” Sam said when she saw me. “You look awful. What happened?” I simply shook my head and she shut up. 

     “Ana, Sam,” our manager said, “Why are you both talking? Sam, a customer is here. Ana, you’d better not make the customers run away!” I nodded and went in the locker room to get changed. When I came out, Sam came to me again and pretended to me a list of orders. She slapped her forehead several times and shook her finger to act as if she was wrong and I nodded or shook my head and pretended to jot it down.

     “Heard the new owner is from China.”

     “Is it really him who will come? Not some secretary?”

     “Why are you saying that?”

     “I saw that in dramas,” I replied and she slapped her forehead. 

     “You’re a lost cause,” she said and then dashed off. I smiled and then a new customer came. I smiled and did my best. 

     “Are you alright? Boy problems?” It was an old women in her 60s maybe.

     “No, I’m homesick,” I lied. “I love England, but I miss my family.”

     “Be strong and do your best to make them proud,” she said and gave me a nice tip. “A young pretty lade you should be showing off with a bright smile, not a sad face.” She pinched my cheek and left with her coffee in hand. This woman was really nice. It was not my first time seeing her and she seemed pretty nice actually. 

 

 

A/N: Okay, super cheesy chapter, I know and I'm sorry. I was crying as I wrote this because my grandpa is on the brink of death and I wanted to relieve the pain a little. I promise you guys I will try to be more regular, but it will a bit hard since it's my senior year and in my country, senior year is like really hard if I wanna go overseas to study.

Thank you guys! ^_^ Please continue to support me by subcribing to my story and leaving comments.