I Need A Wife- Part 1

Arranged nightmare

It was Taecyeon who woke me up the next day and drove me to school. I didn’t speak with him at all though. I had to run around the house since I was late and Taecyeon had to concentrate while driving as fast as he could so that I wouldn’t be late.

    “When do you finish?” He asked me before I got out of the car.
 
    “In four hours,” I replied. “Then I have to work, in like six hours. I’ll be busy all day.”

    “I’ll come pick you up so that we can have lunch.” I was getting to protest but he just shook his head and shooed me out of his car. As soon as I got out of the car, he drove off to the house maybe. Well, it was his house. The room I was staying in was his actually and even had some clothes and stuff like that in it for him, which he left right after buying the house. He actually came first, checked everything for me and left it all with his father. 

    I walked to class, but slowly. Because of his driving, I was not late anymore, thank God. But he was really acting weird with me since he came back. Was it for real, or was it just because he knew about my grandfather’s death before me? I bet that his parents forced him to come here and act like that! I’d better be on my guard, Taecyeon was not just a singer, but also an actor.

 

When all my classes were over, I wanted to kick myself. I didn’t listen to anything my teachers said! I knew I was going to be like that, so I recorded everything and sat at the back, but I still didn’t feel better. Having recorded everything meant that I had to work on catching up… I sighed and headed to the front of the school. I looked around for Taecyeon’s car, but didn’t see him. Where was he? I was even able to chat and go to the toilets!

     “Ana!” I felt a hand on my arm and I looked up. Crap. “Did you by chance come look for me yesterday?”

     “Bingo.”

     “And, did you find me?”

     “Yeah…”

     “Look,” he grabbed my shoulders, “I’m really sorry that I did this, it’s just that…”

     “That what Mike? You were using me for what?”

     “For my parents and…” He trailed off and I removed his hands from my shoulder. 

     “Mike, look, just tell them I left you! Or you left me! Whatever!”
 
     “No!” He grabbed my arm. “I’ve tried and girls don’t date me. You’re the only girl I know who doesn’t have some sort of gay-dar! If my parents were to find out, I’d be dead! They even want us to get married.”

     “What?”

     “I was planning to propose to you, Ana. I have looks and money. You’d have a comfortable life!”

     “No way! I thought we were friends! I like your folks, they’re kind and it’d be bad to lie to them. Mike, I never expected to find you like that, kissing some guy behind my back…”

     “Ana…” He tried to hug me, but I shook my head and took a step back. Just then, Taecyeon’s car pulled over and I quickly got in and he sped off. Without saying anything, he just handed me a box of tissue and drove us somewhere.

     “Go wash your face, I’ll be there,” he pointed to a table at the back of the restaurant. I nodded and headed to the washroom. I just had to wash my face and put some powder and voila! When I came out, I headed to the table and sat across Taecyeon. “I won’t ask anything, just this question. Was it because of Grandfather?” I simply shook my head and saw that there was whiskey next to him. I grabbed his glass and drank it in one shot. 

     “I feel better!” I smiled and opened the menu. “Hmm… What should I eat? I’m warning you, I have expensive taste!” I smiled at him and my eyes started to scan the menu. I just needed to get my mind off things and act for now. I really didn’t want to think about that guy right now.

     “Ana, we need to talk,” Taecyeon said after we got our food. I looked up from my steak and took a sip of wine. “I want to get married by next month.” I nearly chocked to death. What that guy out of his mind? It hasn’t even been a decade and I was still studying! This isn’t what we had talked about at all. What was wrong with him? “Are you okay?” I nodded and drank some water. He sat back in his place and looked at me intently. I kept my gaze up.

     “That is not what we had talked about, Ok Taecyeon.”

     “Why are you saying my name like that?”

     “Tiffany called you like that when she was mad at the hotel. Anyway, don’t change the subject. Tell me why you’re being this way. What do you want?”

     “A wife. I want a wife.”

     “Excuse me, can you lower your voices? The other clients are complaining.” We excused ourselves and finished eating quietly and as fast as we could. Things were going to get ugly once home, we both knew it. I checked my watch. I still had more than one hour before work, so we had a full hour to fight. I had just eaten a steak, I was ready. 

     Ok Taecyeon, just you wait until we get home!