Bloody Jealousy

Arranged nightmare

The rest of the day went by smoothly and I was glad for it. After an hour of work, I had so much tips that I was considering treating Taecyeon to something nice, but when the funeral would be over. Or maybe the 40 days too. 

     “Do you work here?” A man in a suit asked me. 

     “Yes sir, I do. What can I get you?” I smiled and showed our menu to him.

     “An Americano and your number?”

     “I’m sorry, we only have Americano left, my number is already out of stock,” I said and showed him my hand. It’s not the first time I was dealing with a customer like him, I even got worst ones in the past, so I bought myself a ring and pretended that I was married to someone. I prepared his coffee as fast as I could and he left without leaving me a tip. Well, this one wanted to comfort me in another way than the other clients who left me nice tips. 

    “Ana, can you help me please?” Kevin asked me. I nodded and helped him. He was one of the two who made the coffees for those drinking here. But it seemed like the café was packed today. I usually gave him a hand sometimes. He was working full time here because he was already a father. He was only two years older than me.

    “Excuse me, Miss? Can I have a latte with cream and a brownie?” 

    “Right up!” I prepared the coffee and put the cake in the box and quickly gave it to the man. “That would be seven pounds, sir.” I extended my hand and tapped the other on the screen. He gave me the money. A hundred pound? I gave him his ticket. “Just a second, I’ll give you the change.”

    “Keep the rest,” he said and walked away quickly. I lifted my head, but his back was to me. Who was that man? 

     “Who was that?” I suddenly jumped. Kevin was peering over my shoulder and looking at the change in my hand. He whistled and raised his eyebrows.

     “Wanna share? You rarely get tips.”

     “It’s yours Ana, stop doing that.”

     “I won’t. Here, take this and buy Sophie a nice doll on the way home. Her doll looks old.” I gave him more than a half and put it in his pants pocket. The good thing here is we got to keep our tips to ourselves because that was due to our hard work and how well we were to our customers. 

     “Thank you, I’ll tell her you’re giving her the doll. Want to come buy it with me?”

     “Won’t your shift be other by that time?”

     “I can wait, Ana,” he said and ruffled my hair. His girlfriend had died while giving birth. It sometimes happen when the woman is still a girl. I think she was around 17, Sophie is 7 or eight. She came here twice and I remember buying her a cake each time. She was a sweet little girl with pale brown skin. Her father is white and her mother was black. She’s really beautiful, with silky hair like Kevin but in dark brown instead of blonde. She also had pretty blue eyes. So pretty. 

     “Won’t your mother take in wrongly again?”

     “She knows now that you have a boyfriend, Sophie told her when she saw you and him here last time.” I nodded. His mother hated to think of her son dating again and wanted him to focus on working here and waiting for Sophie to get a little bit older so that he could study a little management. 

     “Kevin, Ana,” the manager came to us, “Prepare something, he’ll be there soon.” I nodded and started to prepare a plate with our best cakes while Kevin prepared three kinds of coffees for him. One latte, one Americano and then he made a cappuccino and designed a pretty tree in it. He then put coco powder on the tree only. Man, he was talented. 

     Just as we were done giving the plates to Sam and Alice, another waitress, we heard the manager greeting the new owner in a loud voice. I sighed and looked at him. He was a skinny young man, who looked a bit stuck up. He had greasy hair and small round glasses with a thin black rim. He was wearing formal clothes and looked very serious He walked in and looked around, before sitting down. 

     “I’d rather look like a man and be poor than be rich and look like that,” Kevin whispered. I pressed my lips together and nudged him a little. I suddenly found Taecyeon’s gaze. Oh crap, he’s here, I totally forgot and made plans with Kevin. “Ana?”

      “I forgot, Kev, I’m busy today, I won’t be able to go buy the doll with you.” His face fell and I felt really bad about it. He then ruffled my hair and smiled.

      “A date, hm?” I nodded. I guess I was going on a date with Taecyeon. I wanted to go to the park and just sit to think. I also had to call home to see how everything is and Skype them if I could. “I’ll buy her a doll and send you the picture before, just in case.”

     “Buy her a doll with various clothes and shoes, Barbie Fashionista.”

     “How do you even know that?”

     “Trust me, you don’t wanna know!” We laughed soflty and then a new customer came. After thirty minutes, the man left. I didn’t know why, but I was sure that he wasn’t the actual owner of the café. He didn’t look rich enough, or he looked too serious I think. I’m not really sure, but after watching all these dramas, I’ve developed an instinct for that. As soon as he left, we all went to our manager. He sat back to where they had been sitting, and also too close to Taecyeon for my taste, he would know what is going on here and I didn’t really like that. 

     “So, how is the new owner?” Sam asked him.

     “That man was the fishing secretary, not the bloody owner! What kind of owner is that?” His face was red with anger. “A damn secretary! He’s the owner, not God! He’s just the owner of a small café, no big deal, he could’ve come himself instead of sending that bloody secretary! He could have taken a bloody car, driven by a bloody chauffeur, which I’m sure he has! What? We’re not a high class café? Is that he can’t move his bloody to come here?” I ran to get him some water.

     “Boss, clients are looking,” Kevin said. He then whispered to me, “I’m off. See you!” I nodded and we hugged briefly. 

     “Back to you bloody job!” He hissed at us and then went in his office. Sam and I burst out laughing once behind the counter. 

     “Bloody, bloody, bloody!” I said. “Too much blood, if he goes on, he might faint!” We laughed, but then, we had to work. Well, only for thirty minutes more, which went by pretty quickly. I looked at Taecyeon and noticed how Sam was always flirting with him. What was wrong with her? Taecyeon was mine!

     He suddenly laughed at something she said and he winked at her while she walked off. She quickly came to me and pretended to give me some orders. I acted with her, but still annoyed.

     “That guys is so hot! He has a body and a small accent! Don’t you think so too?” I looked at him and he waved at me. I looked back at Sam.

     “He’s ugly and old.”

     “Come on, he’s so not!” Sam came closer. “I want to give him number, my roomie won’t be home tonight…” She grinned and left before I could say anything. I watched, my mouth open as she handed him her number and whispered something. I quickly looked away and pretended to be arranging the cakes in a nice way.

     ‘I want a wife’ suddenly doesn’t just need hot food when he gets home it seems. I was going to write him a contract. We’d see then, how well he flirts with girls he wants in his bed. As if he would be able to do that. He said he wanted to try to fall for me and now he was with Sam! Of all people, Sam! She had all the guys she wanted, always! 

      Wait, am I bloody jealous?! surprise

 

A/N: Boring, right? I'm sorry, I needed to write this, it's an important chapter. Keep up with the story, you'll find out soon! ^_^

Thank you again to the viewers, subscribers and a great thank you for upvoting my fanfic, means a lot to me. ^_^