3 Years Later

Arranged nightmare
3 years later
 
 
I ran as fast as I could, but I knew that I was doomed already. Why did this always happen to me? I should ask Taecyeon for a car, maybe. No, I already owed him enough money like that. 
 
     “Ana, late.”
 
     “Sorry!” I apologized. “I swear, it won’t happen again.”
 
   “Go work,” my boss snapped at me. “But I’m warning you, I’m cutting those three minutes from your break. Understand?” I nodded and got changed in the locker room. 
 
     “Ana!” My friend said when I got out. She was a fourth  year at Cambridge University, same college as me. She was from America, but she wanted to come here to meet British guys. “Late. Hurry and do your work, we’ll talk later.” She winked and got to work. Sam, short for Samantha, waited the tables, while I served them from behind the counter, to people who were getting take-aways. 
 
     It was a small café shop, very cozy and many people came here, no matter what time it is, because it is also kind of a restaurant. I have to say, the food is super good, regardless of how much the owner himself is annoying and mean.
 
    What happened to Teacyeon and Junsu?
 
    That, I really don’t know. 2PM hasn’t been active for 1 year now and I don’t know why. I haven’t been able to stay in touch with Junsu, since he was working on his solo promo. I kept in touch with Taecyeon, but only for basic things, like the paperwork for school and my apartment and the pocket money he gave me. The pocket money was simply for food, I had to work to buy clothes, but I can’t really complain… 
 
    And of course, he still hasn’t told me about who he really is. I really did not mind. He never saw me anyway. I saw his parents twice a year though, that is, more often that I see my real parents. The Oks were always really kind to me and even Taecyeon’s big sister. She was really pretty and kind too. I called her ‘Eonni’, a request from her. 
 
    Luckily for me, nobody was talking about the marriage yet and that was good for both Taecyeon and I. I really didn’t feel like getting married to him. I just wanted to enjoy life, which I did. I had a boyfriend. Not Junsu, obviously. I had to say that I was a bit sad that he never once called me in three years. Never a ‘Merry Christmas’, a ‘Happy New Year’ or even a ‘Have you been well?’. For some reason it really made me sad whenever I saw his picture or listened to him. Heck, even Wooyoung and Nichkhun had wished me a happy birthday and they even sent me gifts via Taecyeon’s parents for me. Junsu was the only one who ignored me. But then, I guess he was really busy.
 
       
After work, I was dead tired. One of the part-timers did not come today, so everyone had to work harder than we used to. Sam and I walked to school together. It was nice that we both had afternoon classes on Tuesdays. Sometimes I had class after lunch and her before, so we only saw each other at night. Sometimes not at all. There was three shifts at the café since every workers were students, thus we were also all part-timers.
 
     “Where is Mike?”
 
     “I told him to wait at school for me today. He had a homework due soon, so he’s been waiting in the library for me.”
 
     “You’re such a good girlfriend,” Sam said and nudged my shoulder. We linked arms and walked quickly to school since she had class before me. 
 
     “You’ll find someone soon! You’re hot and pretty!”
 
     “But I’m not sweet, like you.”
 
     “If only you knew me before I came here… I had never been kissed until I finished high school. At that time, you already knew many things about the human body!”
 
     “America is different from Mauritius, isn’t it?”
 
     “Maybe you don’t know where to look… You always look for them at the wrong places.”
 
     “Look at you! You think you’re the expert?” We both burst out laughing. We separated in front of the school and I ran to the library to look for Mike. Mike was one year younger than me, but he acted in a really mature way. After two years, I still didn’t know London very much, but Mike and I became friends and he gave me a tour. He asked his sister about shopping tips for me and all that. We started dating six months ago though. He was a tall white guy, and I mean really white, like milk. His hair, in contrast was raven and so were his eyes.
 
     I greeted the librarian and asked if Mike was still here and she nodded. I smiled and went to look for him. I told him I was going somewhere and would be back just in time before our classes started. Mike didn’t have to work because his parents had money. I found his things on the table, but he was not there. He must be looking for a book!
 
    I giggled softly and looked for him in the aisles. I would jump on him and scare him! When he was looking for books, he was always in deep concentration so as not to miss the book he is looking for. I walked softly through the aisles when…
 
….
 
….
 
….
 
     Tears filled my eyes and I ran out of the library. I was feeling the heat rising to my face and I was breathing hard. I was so mad right now, I wanted to just kick someone. I bet that would make me feel great. I went to the toilets and washed my face before going to class. I was able to push it aside and focus on my classes.
     After class, Mike was waiting for me outside my classroom. I took one glance at him and stormed outside. He ran after me, calling my name, but I only walked faster. However, he managed to stop me in outside. He grabbed my arm, forcing me to look at him.
     “What’s wrong with you?” He asked and the he hugged me. I pushed him away, tears in my eyes.
     “Don’t touch me!” 
     “Ana… Why didn’t you pick up your phone. I was worried while waiting for you.”
     “You didn’t wait long it seems.”
     “I sent a text to Sam to ask her where you were. Why didn’t you call me?”
     “Let’s just break up, okay?” He grabbed my hand suddenly.
     “No! I love you, Ana. Why are you like that? Is it because I’m younger?”
     “Of course it’s not that,” I snapped, pulling my hand away. He suddenly grabbed my head in his hands and kissed me hard on the lips. I tried to pull away, but he’s been working out since last year. I simply kicked his legs hard and he had to let me go. I brushed my lips with the back of my hand and looked away. A man was looking at me with his arms crossed and his back and leg leaning against a car. My breath caught in my throat as we made eye-contact.
 
What is he doing here?