What is Love?

Tears and Kisses

S U H O

I stared at Jiyeon while she was she was eating her ice cream reluctantly, her lips were pressing against the spoon as she gaze was on the cherry that was placed on top of my sundae. It then followed to where Chanyeol and HaYi were sat and she let out a deep sigh.
"Hey Chanyeolie!", Hayi called Chanyeol, who had turned around to see that HaYi had smeared ice cream all over his nose and cheeks, "Yaaaah! HaYiiiii~".
I couldn't help but remember the food challenge, where I was feeding Jiyeon and she fed me. My mind was askew with images of her, I've only known her for two days but my heart cannot contain the feelings that are rushing through it. 'What is love, Suho?'
 
"Hey Suho..", Jiyeon suddenly started to talk, her hand was holding various polaroids and two tickets, "Look what came in the envelope.."
In her hands were polaroids of the various challenges we did. The first polaroid was her feeding me soup, her gentle eyes looking at me. The second had me smearing ice cream on her face, while she was laughing. The third was of our funny dance routine and her beautiful singing. The last one was the one that had made my heart thump, it was me embracing Jiyeon with my lips brushing against her cheek. It was such a beautiful picture..
"Um.. Do you want these Suho? I don't mind if you want to have these..", Jiyeon looked at me with a smile. "Oh.. okay..", I tried to make myself sound less excited then I actually was, my heart was beating unnaturally as she handed me the pictures and our hands seemed to brush against each other, sending sparks through my fingertips and causing it to emit sensations down my spine.
 
"Oh look it's Kaiii~", Chanyeol sang as he pointed his spoon in Kai's direction, sending ice cream all over Jiyeon's face. Out of instinct, I pulled her closer to me and started to wipe her face with a napkin from the table, "T-thanks Suho..", she looked away and looked to Kai's direction.
I hated how she looked at him, I wanted her to look at me with those beautiful doe eyes, that widened and were filled with joy and happiness. The image of her looking at Kai drenched in water came back to me and I gave myself a mental slap to forget the image of it.
 
"Heyy Kaaaiiiii-eeeeee~, whaddup?", Chanyeol asked him, "How come Sumin isn't here?", his eyes scanned the area around Kai and suprisingly there's wasn't a koala-like person attached to the side of his arm.
"She left", his response was cold and rather short. I wonder what's up with him?
I stared at Jiyeon's face again, and realised she had a worrisome looked on her face as she stared at Kai. I hated it, I really did.
 
 
K A I
 
 
When Sumin first suggested to sign up for the Madam Amore challenges, I got really suspicious. She has never asked me to join in with any of the couple type things, she didn't even tell me that she loved me. Not many people know about the fact that I confessed to Sumin first, everyone thinks she had cutely confessed to me instead..
When I think about Sumin's feelings for me, I feel like I'm stood on a bridge, and she's on the other side holding the ropes so I can cross it, but halfway through she'll drop the ropes and leave me to fall. I guess I was right when I saw that she was paying more attention on her phone than spending time with me at Madam Amore. The eating challenge was chaos, she had dropped a lot of the food on me, literally half the food on the plate was on my lap and the other half was dribbling down my chin. When we were dancing it wasn't that bad, but I felt like she was forcing herself to join in. But what tugged at my very core was when I dropped into the tank.
 
✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀
 
"When did you and Kai first meet?", the organiser asked Sumin. I knew the answer, we met in a sandbox when we were kids.
"We met in 7th Grade when Kai confessed to me", she answered with confidence. Wrong, wrong, wrong. I was submerged in the water because her silly answer.
 
After I climbed out of the tank and was with the guys, the organiser announced that Suho had to kiss Jiyeon. In the back of my heart, something was hurting me, but I guess that was from the shock of falling in a tank. I really expected him to give her a kiss on the lips or something but when he pecked her on the cheek, the pain at the back of my heart was getting more intense. I couldn't take it anymore. I knew something was up when Sumin put on a tone that was even girlier than what it usually is either,"Aww~ Isn't that cuteeee, you to kiss your boyfriend Jiyeooon~". The way she said it made it sound like it was the most natrual thing in the world. But it wasn't, Jiyeon wasn't even meant to be doing these challenges with Suho. She isn't in a relationship with him, so why would Sumin sign them up for something like this if she knew the consequences?
 
"Hey Sumin..", I called out to her after the guys left for the ice cream shop nearby.
"Mhm..?", she answered in an irritated tone.
"Why did you sign Suho and Jiyeon up for the challenges if you knew they were going to kiss if they won?"
"Because it would be funny watching her being a mess while Suho kisses her.." What? I couldn't believe the words that were pouring out of . My ears stopped processing everything she said as soon as she answered my question. The nagging feeling at the back of my heart came back again. Why is Sumin being so mean?
"Kai, she's just a trying get into anyone's pants", she turned to me with her usual smile, but the nagging feeling told me it was fake. And I believed what my heart told me.
"Stop", my voice turned cold and my face tensed up at Sumin's remark, "you hardly know the girl yet you're ing about her like she's comitted a crime"
Sumin looked at me with a shocked facial expression. "Sumin, when you've thought about what you've said and talk to me because appauled at what you said", and with that one sentence I walked away from her.
 
✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀❀✿❀✿✿❀
 
"Hey Kaaaiii~", Chanyoel waved his hand in front of my face.
"What?", my eyes were focused on the pictures that were in front of Suho, the ones of him and Jiyeon. Even though they weren't a couple, I then looked at what they were doing in the pictures. Why didn't me and Sumin have fun like Jiyeon and Suho?
"Me and HaYi are offically datinnggggg~", a voice cut through into my thoughts, releasing my gaze at the polaroids and making me look at Chanyeol.
"Oh congrats", another goddamn cute couple to depress me about my one-sided love with Sumin.
 
My eyes had traveled to Jiyeon again, who was devouring Suho's ice cream because he was full.  Her actions made me laugh, she ate like a man; she shoveled the ice cream down and slurped loudly. But no one seemed to care about her eating habits.
"Hey HaYi~, have you followed my blog yet?", Jiyeon stared at HaYi while she had taken another spoonful of ice cream.
"Anya, what's it called?", HaYi handed her phone over to Jiyeon.
"Oh, it's called Eyes, it's a photography blog. But you can't tell anyone that I run it, okay?", she winked at her as she typed the url for her photography blog.
Jiyeon is the admin of Eyes? I don't believe it. She doesn't seem to be the type of person to take photos at all.
 
"Oh, she's really good at taking pictures! She showed me a few photographs on her phone", Suho peeked over at HaYi's phone and copied down the url, "I'm going to follow it too Jiyeon".
 
I found the blog Eyes and have been following it for a couple of months now. The pictures usually had landscapes and objects and I enjoyed the captions and the descriptions that were with the pictures. I always thought the admin would be a super girly person with a lot of art based thinking. I always thought the person who posted the pictures on Eyes was my type of girl, but after finding out the admin was Jiyeon. I knew one thing I had to do. had to befriend her.
 
 
 
Jiyeon.
 
After we had finished our ice creams we headed out separately, Chanyeol was going to walk HaYi home, Suho had to buy some stuff. But Kai was going on the same bus as me, I didn't know if I should just walk with him or just walk ahead.
 
"Uh, Jiyeon..", Kai stopped me before I headed off to the bus stop, "how about we get the bus together?"
My head merely nodded as a reply before he had started to walk beside me, his blonde hair was falling on his face perfectly while his hands were dug deep into his pockets.
"So.. did you enjoy today?", he suddenly asked a question out of the blue. This is your chance Jiyeon, you can act normal and try to befriend him.
"Yeah, I guess it was good, but it was kinda' awkward between me and Suho at Madam Amore. I did buy some clothes though", I opened the bag to show him the items I had bought, is eyes scanned over them and he smirked at what was inside.
"You have a really nice taste in fashion, girly but not overboard", his smirk turned into a slight smile. His smile looked better on him than his smirk, it complimented the eye shape that he makes when he smiles, usually his eyes slightly have an 'aegyo sal'.
"Yeah, I guess I do", I replied with a laugh.
 
We stopped talking and arrived at the bus stop, coincidentally the bus came five minutes after we arrived at the stop. Just as I was about to pay for my ticket, Kai stopped me and smiled at me, "I'll pay", his tone was kind and gentle as he placed the amount needed for two tickets. Why do people do this  -let's-pay-for-Jiyeon thing?
After he had paid, we made our way to the back seats and Kai waited for me to sit down then sat down himself. Such a gentleman..
The sky was getting slightly darker and the lights were passing over the glass, Kai's expression was illuminated by the different coloured lights. I was enjoying my view of him until I felt him prod something into my ear; an earpod. I was suprised at his action, until I looked at him and he was staring at me with gentle eyes, "Please just listen..", his voice was almost helpless.
I took the earpod and placed it in my ear and listened to the song starting:
 
 
 
My eyes were closed while listening to the song, the lyrics and song itself for simply beautiful. My eyes then opened and I looked at Kai, he had his eyes closed too and was miming the chorus, until he felt my stare on him.
"It's a really beautiful song isn't it?", he voice was almost inaudible, he was gazing into my eyes and at that moment my stomach had to give me an attack of butterflies.
"Y-yes, the song has such a deep meaning and a lot of emotion is behind it.."
"I don't usually listen to songs like this, I usually listen to artists like A$AP, The Weeknd and Rocky..", I expected him to listen to those kind of artists. It was abnormal that he was talking to me, but at that moment I didn't care.
"I'm sorry for being a bit cold towards you Jiyeon.. Sumin told me not to talk to you, but I realised that I shouldn't be bossed about by her. She can't dictate who I befriend", his voice turned icy and cold as he clenched his fists.
The way his voice turned cold made me worry, so I placed a hand reassuringly over his clenched fist and he suddenly loosened up and smiled at me again, "I shouldn't vent my anger out at you Jiyeon..", he then gripped my hand firmly. His strong grip made me feel safe, but it send tingles down my arms.
 
The bus halted at a stop and I realised it was my stop so I stood up, but Kai stood up at the same time, "I'll walk you home Jiyeon, it's dark and it's dangerous to walk alone at this time". He was being such a gentleman and it almost made my heart ache knowing that he was doing it out of worry.
The journey home was cool and a slight breeze was blowing over us, I stared at Kai again. I couldn't get enough of his face, just looking at him smirk and smile made me happy.
"Jiyeon.. did you always get bullied?", he asked me another question out of the blue, why was he attacking me with such questions?
"Uh.. yeah.. I don't know why really, I guess I just make people uncomfortable and they just feel the need to bully me".
"Anya, don't be silly, they're just jealous that you're such a nice person.. and that you're pretty..", his voice was getting quieter at the end of his sentence. Did K-freaking-ai just call me pretty? He just called me pretty!
"Can you send me a picture of what you look like what the outfit on? I know it sounds a bit weird, but I feel a bit left out knowing the guys have seen you wear the outfit but not me", he stopped walking and looked back at me, he grinned at me as he got his phone out.
"Here's my number, I don't usually give it out, but I guess you're just a special friend, eh?", he smirked cockily at me. The guy was b with confidence, but then his attitude changed to a much calmer one, "You will text me.. right..?"
"Yeah, I'll text you!", I tried to dim down the sudden happiness in my voice.
 
After a few more minutes of walking, we arrived at the front of my house. Kai stood looking at it, then tugged my hand towards him. His arms wrapped around me and enveloped me in a hug, his scent had engulfed me and I let my head lay on his chest. I didn't care about anything in the world anymore, I didn't care about the jealous fangirls, Sumin's iness or the troubles in my life. Kai had erased all my worries with one simple hug.
He let go of me and smiled at me, then turned away to walk when I opened the door, however I heard him murmur something.
 
"Jiyeon.. how can you ease the pain in my my heart so easily..?"
 
I also realised something else.. Kai didn't let go of my hand when we were walking..
 
 
H A Y I
 
Chanyeol's hand was swinging my hand about while he was walking me home, he had a wide grin on his face as he kept gazing at me. My body shivered slightly from the cold and Chanyeol had noticed that and let go of my hand. I had felt that he had taken his blazer off and placed it around me, then placed his arm around my shoulder and pulling me close to him. His warmth spread from him to me and I instantly let a smile spread on my face. 
"Hey.. HaYi..", Chanyeol pulled me closer to him.
"Yeah Chanyeolie..?"
"I really had fun today.. I'm happy you asked for two copies of the pictures from Madam Amore..", Chanyeol gripped my shoulder slightly, then caressed my shoulder blade lovingly.
"I just wanted you to have a memory of us together on our first day of dating".
Right after my response, I felt something brush against my forehead and had noticed that Chanyeol was pressing his lips to my forehead, "You make me happy HaYi..", his deep voice whispered in my ear.
"You make me happy too Chanyeolie!", I stood on my tiptoes to give him a peck on his cheek, and as I pecked his cheek he was blushing pink. Afterwards, he picked me up and twirled me about. We both laughed and giggled until we reached the front of my house, he then let go of my hand and pecked me on the forehead again, "Sleep well my beloved midget princess"
"Yah! You're the one who's a giant!", Chanyeol held me in his embrace again.
 
Jiyeon.
 
I stared at the outfit I was wearing in front of the mirror, I have never ever felt so nervous about taking a selca. I adjusted my phone on a slant and set it to a five second timer then set the timer off. I rushed in front of the phone and struck a pose using the peace sign, after two seconds or so the flash emitted and I heard a click. Tentatively, I sent the selca to Kai's number.
 
[09:30:21] JIYEON: annyeong kai! this is the selca i promised you (=0=;)
[09:32:48] KAI: ah~ annyeong jiyeon! the outfit really suits you!
[09:36:34] JIYEON: you think so i gotta go kai,  good night ;D
[09:38:10] KAI: oh, okay! have sweet dreams jiyeon~
[09:39:47] JIYEON: sweet dreams to you too!
[09:40:10] KAI: :) night 
 
I jumped on my bed in joy and hugged my phone, Kai was being really friendly with me and I loved it. My eyes were looking at the slanted ceiling above me and I smiled again.
What is love, Jiyeon? Is it the way my heart flutters when Kai holds me, when he erases all my worries in the world? Or is it when his smile makes me smile too?
 
"Jiyeonnieeee~", my mother called me from downstairs.
"I'm coming ummaaaa~"
 
What are my feelings for you Kim Jongin? Love?

 

a u t h o r ' s   n o t e s

 

omg guys, my face throughout writing this entire chapter was like this:

 
/goes on knees and pleads for forgiveness for such a boring chapter/
I'm also starting to ship ChaYi so much now, they're just so cute that I want to pinch their cheeks.. ;-;
(btw an aegyo sal is the little eye-puff that asians have)
 
I also thank all my readers from the bottom of my heart too, I literally thought I'd end up getting bored of writing this story and leave it at like five chapters, but I haven't. I want to thank my subscribers and thank you all for giving me 300 views, it may not seem like a lot, but knowing over 300 people in the world have read your story is really heart-touching.
 
I will leave a gif of Kai to thank you all.
 
 
Don't hesitate to comment any criticism either, or even what you liked about this chapter. You should also subscribe to this story too ;]